Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Venom 1000 Viper Vs Veyron

What about a french badge?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by VOGUE_MAN View Post
    I can't fault the Viper for power, acceleration etc. But no matter how you look at it it's always a Dodge Viper. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a slave to badges but I would much rather a car with a quarter or half of the horsepower if the badge was German, British or Italian.
    the viper has a badge worthy of being a slave to. Its got a pissed off snake on it . Vipers don't need badges for a person to feel like they're driving something special. It may be built by Dodge, but its still exclusive, and depending on where you are in the world, an exotic. It demands far more attention than most things carrying benz, bmw, porsche etc badges, because none of those other brands build anything as 'in your face' as a Viper, and when they do they're 3x the price give or take. Nope you need not worry about badges, because apart from a very subtle "dodge" stamped into the back bumper, I don't think you'll find much on the snake that gives away its relationship to a Caravan.

The Viper is an anachronism and it's great.

It's a goddamn sledgehammer; it's untamed, it's wild, it's brutish, it's unforgiving, it's (relatively) cheap... I mean, isn't this the kind of car that car guys that like high end sportscars and that are afraid of the over complication of sports cars should like?

In this age of technical gadgetry and cars that drive and shift themselves via the wizardry of computers, it's a breath of fresh air that there are still a few out there that keep things simple - even if potentially not by choice, but necessity.

How boring it would be if this car was as refined as a Ferrari, or as expensive as a Lamborghini, or didn't use a monstrous V10 engine that was originally developed for a truck.

I agree.

However, simplicity can still be refined. Like a Lotus Elise for instance.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I agree.

However, simplicity can still be refined. Like a Lotus Elise for instance.
    Oh, no doubt. 'Twould be boring if all cars were the same though, as you well know; after all, you are a crusader against automotive homogeneity.

It's good that the Americans still provide the sledgehammer (Viper) and machete (Corvette) to the high end sportscar world.

I ain't even saying that tech wonders are bad - the R35 is a magician and I think it's amazing.

Let's have some goddamn choice in this age of amalgamation and synergy and efficiency.

Again I agree completely, and I like both of them, the Corvette and the Viper.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information