Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Audi R8 V10 Spy shot

And then there's rumour on a R8 cabrio. I'm imagining a turbocharged V10 R8.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Yes, that makes the Gallardo completely redundant
    They will still sell every Gallardo they make, so what is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    It was more of a philosophical comment.

Why had Lamborghini's had to be Audified if the were going to make an Audi anyway?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Why had Lamborghini's had to be Audified if the were going to make an Audi anyway?
    I know, all the soul is gone now that they start first time and the door handles don't fall off.

Stupid Audi, with their stupid quality control and high-tech engineering.

Who would want such things on a luxury sportscar!?!

I know, all the soul is gone now that they start first time and the door handles don't fall off.

Stupid Audi, with their stupid quality control and high-tech engineering.

Who would want such things on a luxury sportscar!?!
    Well it's a bit like the modern Alfa Romeos. Yes the quality, percieved and real, is there. But I want my Arese V6 back.

Yes Audi has brought good things to Lamborghini but trade off is perhaps too much from an enthusiats point of view.
    Visca Catalunya!

And many will end up back on the showroom.
    Yes, that makes the Gallardo completely redundant (except perhaps for the Spider).
    Depends. If the rumours are indeed true, and the more than likely are, Lamborghini is preparing to up the Gallardo power one last time, more than likely when this monster Audi arrives.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Yes, that makes the Gallardo completely redundant (except perhaps for the Spider).
    The Gallardo is still 100kg lighter than the R8, and Superleggera another 100kg lighter than that, and Lambo is planning to upgrade the power of the Gallardo further when the Murcie goes out of production. Plus, you've got the benefit of being able to pick a car that's very fast and very good to drive, but being able to pick from 2 different bodies.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I really wish we could see a V12 TDI R8, but that is just a dream...
    "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free."

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    The Gallardo is still 100kg lighter than the R8, and Superleggera another 100kg lighter than that, and Lambo is planning to upgrade the power of the Gallardo further when the Murcie goes out of production. Plus, you've got the benefit of being able to pick a car that's very fast and very good to drive, but being able to pick from 2 different bodies.
    I understand the point of the badge engineering from the profits point of view, but from the enthusiast point of view it makes me angry that the Gallardo is nothing more than an Audi (engine and all) with a Lamborghini badge slapped on the nose. A bit like the Continental GT, then.
    Visca Catalunya!

I understand the point of the badge engineering from the profits point of view, but from the enthusiast point of view it makes me angry that the Gallardo is nothing more than an Audi (engine and all) with a Lamborghini badge slapped on the nose. A bit like the Continental GT, then.
    Well, there's always the Arnage and Brooklands, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In View Post
    Well, there's always the Arnage and Brooklands, right?
    Yes, and the Azure and the Murcielago. Despite that I still don't like the Gallardo (Spyder excepted) and the Continental.
    Visca Catalunya!

Yes, and the Azure and the Murcielago. Despite that I still don't like the Gallardo (Spyder excepted) and the Continental.
    I never realized how "inexpensive" the Continental was until I started seeing a ton around and actually looked up the price of how much they are.

At any rate, I agree about the Continental, but I still wouldn't mind owning a Gallardo.

The Gallardo V10 is a Lambo engine made by Lambo for Lambo, that's just now being used by Audi. That's obvious by the fact that Audi had to modify the design to be made in their engine plants. And the R8 chassis is a modified version of the Gallardo chassis. So how does any of that make it any Audi, expcept for who owns the company and mabe bits of the interior.

So why is the Murcie not an Audi then? The only difference between it and the Gallardo is that Audi haven't made a parts bin-special from it.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

The Gallardo V10 is a Lambo engine made by Lambo for Lambo, that's just now being used by Audi. That's obvious by the fact that Audi had to modify the design to be made in their engine plants. And the R8 chassis is a modified version of the Gallardo chassis. So how does any of that make it any Audi, expcept for who owns the company and mabe bits of the interior.
    The Lambo V10 is actually a 90º V10, has an unitary capacity that's exactly the same as Audi's old 3-litre V6. The leads me to believe that the engine is not that Lambo. In fact, and if I'm not mistaken, Lamborghini had already developped a V10 which had 400bhp in the fully funtional Cala prototype (which is arguably a lot better looking than the Gallardo). Furthermore Audi also had to re-engineer the old 4.2-litre V8 in order to fit into the smaller A4 engine bay, so I don't think that the modificaction of the V10 makes it more or less of an Audi.
    So why is the Murcie not an Audi then? The only difference between it and the Gallardo is that Audi haven't made a parts bin-special from it.
    Well it's derived from old Lambo technology and yes it's technology hasn't been udes in any Audi. That makes it a better Lambo for me. Probably if the Gallardo hadn't been made an Audi it'd be better. But it's the whole of it that's been Audified, not just the engine, also the chasis, the interior.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Well, that's kind of like saying the person who bought a F50 years before the enzo got screwed.
    Not really. While the Enzo did steal the F50 spotlight, F50 owners had the most exciting car in the world for a number of years and today they still have a Ferrari that is worth about a quarter more than they paid for it. Gallardo owners will have paid a premium for the Lambo while R8 V10 owners will have gotten the same engineering for less money.

Thread Information