Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Favorite cigarette?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    BLAH BLAH BLAH
    Seriously, this thread was intended for people who actually smoke and I was just asking for answers from those people. If I want a Truth ad, I know where to go for those (read: ANYWHERE; TV ads; periodical ads, Internet, etc.)

Way to go on derailing a thread though.
    "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free."

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    This argument always makes me laugh, I am a smoker, I smoke outside at home, dont smoke in the car when my children are present, when Im outside I move away from non smokers so not to affect them with second hand smoke. It is a disgusting habit so true , but when all these non smoker start preaching I see red .

I have non smoking preaching friends that are always proclaiming about the evils of smoking BLAH F$%Ken BLAH, these same people are more than social drinkers and some partake in recreational drugs. Ive seen on many occassions these same people drive home under the influence of drugs or drink, yet they preach to me about the evils of smoking. I have yet to see some get killed by someone having to many cigarettes and driving, can the same be said about drinking or drugs???

It seems that alcohol bingeing is socially acceptable and the conseqences that go with it, but smokers are basically on the same level as murderers

Dont get me wrong smoking is a disgusting habit that I am embarrassed about but less of the preaching please, geez its getting tired
    Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    Very simplistice and self centered response there mate

My sister is a counseller at a drug and alcohol rehab clinic, maybe we should cancel all the goverment funding for the junkies and drunks also

Had full private cover all my life , lets also get rid of the obese people, and lets start genetic testing before people breed and lets...... see what that attitude brings
    I wholeheartetly agree there mate. I don't smoke anymore and now I've stopped I find it a dirty smell. But in daily life I always tried to avoid giving trouble to others. For example at the underground-station I always commuted, I always went standing on the furtest edge of the platform (with other smokers) completely voluntary to avoid trouble for others. At school we always smoked outside or in a special area of the cafetaria. When someone joined a conversation while I was smoking, I'd always ask if it was bothering them (and put it out if the answer was yes).

It is not good for someone's health. Everybody knows that. It is no reason to point the blaming finger everytime the word smoking is said. Everybody is different, accept it and let the people in their value. Like all non-smokers are perfect...

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    Very simplistice and self centered response there mate

My sister is a counseller at a drug and alcohol rehab clinic, maybe we should cancel all the goverment funding for the junkies and drunks also
    Rehab is for quitters

Before removing a rehab service I'd be looking strongly at long term costs. A good one should have a lower lifetime costs than having the person be a long term health care system patient. If the rehab service has a higher cost then it is failing in its objective, and should any thing that fails be continued just because someone works there?

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    Had full private cover all my life , lets also get rid of the obese people, and lets start genetic testing before people breed and lets...... see what that attitude brings
    Will full private cover then I say do what you like, just most of the smokers I have known don't have this...

As regards to genetic tests before breeding I wouldn't mind seeing an intelligence test
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I don't smoke, except VERY rarely at a party or something. I'll usually bring some strawberry Swishers or Black + Milds or something suitably cheap...
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In View Post
    Seriously, this thread was intended for people who actually smoke and I was just asking for answers from those people. If I want a Truth ad, I know where to go for those (read: ANYWHERE; TV ads; periodical ads, Internet, etc.)

Way to go on derailing a thread though.
    Thank you very much. I don't care if it was intended for people who actually smoke. This is a discussion forum and I am discussing my take on the topic at hand.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Thank you very much. I don't care if it was intended for people who actually smoke. This is a discussion forum and I am discussing my take on the topic at hand.
    No different than saying you think the Veyron is ugly in a Veyron topic.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Matt, if it's something people enjoy doing and you feel like s***ing all over a thread, then you would just be trolling as you are now.

It's no different than if a pro-Windows person came into a Mac OS X thread and shat over all of that. It's still trolling.

And to not let this topic get completely off track. I picked up a pack of regular Player's filter today and man I nearly forgot how much I missed these.
    Last edited by Lets Gekiga In; 09-09-2007 at 10:14 PM.
    "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free."

there is no strain put on others from smoking because any competent government nowadays tax tobacco products enough to offset the potential damage it does the the human patient anyways.

and yes, the same should be done to like.... cars... mcdonald's... krispy kreme... etc. like why is tobacco the only one being noticed? god damn beer isnt. or the ones i mentioned. governments need to wake the hells up and step up certain taxes so us non abusers wont get punished. god DAMN
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post

and yes, the same should be done to like.... cars... mcdonald's... krispy kreme... etc. like why is tobacco the only one being noticed? god damn beer isnt. or the ones i mentioned. governments need to wake the hells up and step up certain taxes so us non abusers wont get punished. god DAMN
    Hmm because donuts, fast food and beer doesn't effect people around you.

Unless you're being sarcastic, then I agree.

i just reread the last few days worth of posts, and i really appreciate the images that you all have of me... but here i am actually at sea, driving my ship. unfortunately not with my pipe.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Want to race?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Want to race?
    30 knots isnt quite speedboat levels, but its pretty quick.

and you cant argue with 40,000 horsepower.

I could borrow this?

John says:
    i'm afraid to fap

thats the USS Ronald Reagan, my first CO was the second CO of it. i try to avoid CVNs, too many pilots and too many nukes. i'll stick with regular ships.

EDIT: just checked, apparently he is still the CO there.
    Last edited by cmcpokey; 09-11-2007 at 06:19 PM.

Yeah my Cousin was stationed on it when it first went out to sea and we got to go the the christening. Nancy Reagan=Old.
    John says:
    i'm afraid to fap

Thread Information