Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid Engine Craze

I think its also a fast food joint in the US.

Is this thread supposed to simply be highlighting a whole list of mid engined cars, because i couldnt really find anything in the original post designed to provoke discussion.
    I am the Stig

Why can't everyone go back to FR?
    Are you a fan of V8 Supercars? Then you should join V8 SuperChat! - www.v8superchat.co.nr

Are you a fan of the FG Falcon? Then the FG Falcon Forum is for you! - www.fgfalconforum.co.nr

Quote Originally Posted by fordman6 View Post
    Why can't everyone go back to FR?
    Basically because front wheel drive is cheaper and more space efficient.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Has that Farboud thing made much progress since conception? It's pretty similar to a Nobel, only slower.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

kigango123, Sorry for giving you to much flack. Please keep in mind many people on this forum speak English as a second language, so good grammar makes it easier for everybody to understand you. As a fellow Alabamian I feel anything you say has a + or - affect on how the international community views me also, or maybe I'm too paranoid.

Since we are talking about MR2s I'd like to divulge from topic to talk about a car that haunts my fantasies. Where we live a non-turbo SW20 can be had for < $5000. A 1MZ 3.0L Aluminum V6 from a Camry can be dropped into the engine bay relatively easily (compared to most engine swaps.) The Aluminum V6 actually weighs less than the iron I4, and that torque .

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    The Aluminum V6 actually weighs less than the iron I4, and that torque .
    Not to forget the smoothness, response, and that excellent reliability.

Rear engine has always been the craze, but in today's world, you need not neccessarily put the engine at the back to achieve the correct dynamics. And I kinda like front engines more, they looked much cooler when they broke down, with the bonnet opened and fixing it from the front.

It's as if when you see a doctor and got the thermometer in your mouth, or in your ass.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    kigango123, Sorry for giving you to much flack. Please keep in mind many people on this forum speak English as a second language, so good grammar makes it easier for everybody to understand you. As a fellow Alabamian I feel anything you say has a + or - affect on how the international community views me also, or maybe I'm too paranoid.

Since we are talking about MR2s I'd like to divulge from topic to talk about a car that haunts my fantasies. Where we live a non-turbo SW20 can be had for < $5000. A 1MZ 3.0L Aluminum V6 from a Camry can be dropped into the engine bay relatively easily (compared to most engine swaps.) The Aluminum V6 actually weighs less than the iron I4, and that torque .
    Sorry, For a while there I was typing my posts in my new Iphone and I wasnt conversant with the touchscreen keyboard that well.

These europeans cant understand this since they never got the Iphone so dont worry about them.

I like the SW20 idea though, but i doubht that the car can go for less than 8 k, it depends on where you live though
    Plus even with that it would still be hard to get the 50/50 balance or handling of an MR2

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    Not to forget the smoothness, response, and that excellent reliability.

Rear engine has always been the craze, but in today's world, you need not neccessarily put the engine at the back to achieve the correct dynamics. And I kinda like front engines more, they looked much cooler when they broke down, with the bonnet opened and fixing it from the front.
    It depends you know, On the car. Its Harder to acheive correct dynamics with a v6 or above on the front of a car compared to a mid engine or even rear engine car.

and If you are fixing something high end like a Pagani guy compared to something like the new front engined ferrari 612, Id say the Pagani guy looks cooler

Of course this logic does not apply to us due to price differences,but it still stands to reason that Mid engine whatever is cooler than front engine whatever
    Last edited by kigango123; 09-14-2007 at 12:19 PM.
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by P4g4nite View Post
    Has that Farboud thing made much progress since conception? It's pretty similar to a Nobel, only slower.
    Farboud is now Farbio.

They have completed the first "production" car, and will begin increasing the production rate from 12 to 45 cars per month.

Farbio Sports Cars - Farbio GTS

/End informative content - You can all go back to slagging people off now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    It's as if when you see a doctor and got the thermometer in your mouth, or in your ass.
    Thats actually more common than you might think...
    I am the Stig

Getting all fxxk up in the ass because of a mere fever is something you wouldn't want anyone to know i reckon....
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

AFAIK, all babies have their temperature taken via the rectum.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    The new NSX which is supposed to be front engined...nuts to that thesis...
    I read yesterday that Honda has delayed the plans on the NSX (as usual) to consider the mid-engine layout and RWD instead of SH-AWD (thank God).... Not from a reliable source though.. So we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    I read yesterday that Honda has delayed the plans on the NSX (as usual) to consider the mid-engine layout and RWD instead of SH-AWD (thank God).... Not from a reliable source though.. So we'll see.
    That could end badly for Honda if it isn't as good as the original.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    That could end badly for Honda if it isn't as good as the original.
    If it stays under 3000lbs, rwd, and with a mid-engine layout producing over 320hp they shouldn't be concerned. Considering the car is 18 years old, I don't see why the company should have any problems achieving this...

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    If it stays under 3000lbs, rwd, and with a mid-engine layout producing over 320hp they shouldn't be concerned. Considering the car is 18 years old, I don't see why the company should have any problems achieving this...
    Well I think the problem is similar, altough different, if Lancia was to recreate the HF Integrale. Modern requirements and regulations mean that the cars have been getting bigger and fatter. If Honda can get around this great, but will they?
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information