Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forza 2: online racing MOAR CONFUZING PREAZE

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!

Angry Forza 2: online racing MOAR CONFUZING PREAZE

So someone wanna tell me how this crap works? First I go in, specify an exhibition race, rank B and search for games. I go in and I'm in some lobby. Just sitting there. Some little kid is babbling incoherently, 2 people are racing and if I push anything I get to view them racing but not participate. OH BOY THAT IS FUN.

So I try a quickmatch. I sit there, it finds some game. Sits there. Sitting... connecting... connecting... at least a minute than says it fails. I try again, it tries the same game. I cancel, try again. same damn game! MOAR FUN!

So I try again selecting options, choose A this time, search. I find some games, go to join one, and before the lobby screen comes up, whomever made it has kicked me from the game. THAT IS AWESOME FUN!!!!111

So, I'm a tad frustrated. Can anyone describe what you're supposed to do from the lobby screen to... you know, actually go race and stuff?? How hard do they have to make it???
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Sorry, its actually quite easy.

You could you know, make your own lobby.

or just specify any type of race. and select a different race to the one that pops up first. and dont look for games that are in progress. then you go into spectator mode. so find a game that says "In Lobby" and WIN!
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

What you are "waiting for" is the current race to finish. After it is done, the other players will launch a new game and bingo your in. You will know when a race is underway by the little checkered flag next to your xbox live accound name.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Thats exactly what happens to me, just part of the online feature. The only reason im ever online for Forza 2 is buying, tuning and selling cars...

Ad my gamertag

"BOJ whiteballz"

If im on and you guys are on I'll gladly setup a match.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Anyone interested in an R32, its tuned of course...

Hey thanks for the quick replies! So I tried one more time and got in a game. It was on Laguna Seca and I finished second with an Elise. I tried another one and did horrible though, I raced ok, just the wrong car for the course. It was sunset and I was still in the elise.

So now I have a new problem! Every single time I try to join a game, it says the game is full or no longer exists, but when I search again, the game is still there, still open and still not full! Any idea what the issue might be?

Oh yeah, and I've had my 360 crash twice(EDIT: 3 times)... everytime I reset it and turn it back on, I have a network conflict and have to disable and re enable my laptop wirless. apparently 360 don't place nice with others.

Ok, if I try 10x times, I can get into a race once in a while. What I'm noticing is its all about knowing the right car for the right course. A Mustang GT isn't the right car for any course :P Also, I've been in a few where I didn't notice that people decided to disable all breaking lines @.@ *crash* That's not fun!

Also, is there a penalty for quitting a race in the middle of it? I've been afraid to even if I'm last. I notice a lot of people will try to take someone out first thing, fail and quit the race though.
    Last edited by digitalcraft; 10-21-2007 at 05:28 PM.
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

You will find alot of drivers race dirty. but occasionally you will find a good group that if they put you out, the driver will wait for you to get back onto the track infront of them and then go again.

Dont worry about quitting the race in the middle of it.

Just dont enter a race with 20 or higher laps - those ones are generally drifters. (Thats where I hang most of the time)
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Eh? Drifters? I know what drifting is, but what is this? Do people set up races specifically to drift around and stuff?
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

yeah, It's because there is a huge rift in the cultures.

drifters hang on a corner and generally keep drifting for a long time, while racers don't, so its easyer for drifters to set up their own specific race full of drifters and they all just drift. makes things simpler, and racers dont get annoyed
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Get used to it digital, when i first played Forza it corrupted all of my files, twice. A few months ago my 360 scratched the outter most rim of the disk and a few days ago cracked the inner most edge, now it doesnt work. As far as the online problems you are having, im having the same, i think its just because Turn 10 hasent really put out any significant "room" updates, theyre always focusing on nudity cars and peoples astonishingly fast, and obviously glitched, lap times...

Yeah, speaking of, I was just in a B type race, and was doing pretty good with my Evo MR 8, and suddenly this CRX just flies by me from behind everyone near the end of the 1st lap, it beats everyone by about half a lap. I was like no _way_
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Digital, whats your gamertag?
    May the downforce be with you

Just curious, is there a way of cheating, online?

I don't play Forza, so I wouldn't know.

i have never seen a cheater, like digital said, its about having the right car at the right setup for the right track. I bought 4 exiges tuned for different tracks and car levels. B-A-Under 350 hp- under 400 hp-. If you go to career, you can see under profeshional series with under 350 and 400 hp, I did pretty well. Several sub 20 place finishes with my best being 5th over all xbox live.

Bottom line, know what the fastest cars are in the race parameters.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Thread Information