Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dodge Magnum and Chrysler Crossfire discontinued?

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    The Pacifica was an American R-Class without the badge Kudos. and thus without any real point for existence.
    The Pacifica was out before the R class. and i think the need the Pacifica, the dont have anything like that in their line up. they need that to compete

Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In View Post
    Acura TL uses the same platform as the Honda Accord as does the TSX, MDX and Odyssey.

Lexus uses the same platform for the ES, Camry, and Avalon. Also GX and 4Runner share platforms, as do LX and Land Cruiser.

Infiniti uses the FM platform for the G, M and FX which is also shared with Nissan in the 350Z. Infiniti also uses one platform for the QX which it shares with Nissan in the Frontier, Titan, Xterra, Pathfinder and Armada.

I don't even need to get into Mercury.

I don't think I need to get into Audi either.
    Okay, but those platforms have been modified a bit in the Odyssey (lengthened, shortened, etc).

GM just rebadges them and calls it a day sometimes. That's just damn lazy.

Again, the wrappers are sometimes different (not so much for the Armada and the QX 56, but that's only one example).

Ford's badge engineered the Fusion, MKZ (or whatever it's called now) and the Mercury Milan. All the same cars underneath.

Although yeah, car manufacturers do share parts and badge engineer a lot, I think GM does it a lot more than all the others.

GM does it fairly often, however they do change a lot of the characteristics of the car, the design and whatnot so it is a bit harder to tell if the car is the same or not.

All car companies are guilty of rebadging at one point or another or letting a car be rebadged of their own.
    "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free."

Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In View Post
    GM does it fairly often, however they do change a lot of the characteristics of the car, the design and whatnot so it is a bit harder to tell if the car is the same or not.

All car companies are guilty of rebadging at one point or another or letting a car be rebadged of their own.
    Yeah, basically.

I agree, remember Cerebus is in the business of making profits. Cutting car models is their way of streamlining the company and keeping costs down.

Thread Information