Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New, lighter-weight Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR

Very true.

But in smaller doses of fail than a company almost entirely dedicated to the pants inadequacies of their owners.

Namely, Hummer. Why you would name your brand after a Sexual move is beyond me......
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Considering Ford manufactures the F-Series of trucks - some of the best selling vehicles ever - and GM has both GMC & Hummer vehicle lines, I'm not entirely sure where you're pulling that from, Ferrer.
    Chevrolet has the Aveo in multitude of rebadged forms as well as the Cobalt. And Ford has the Focus and is about to introduce the Fiesta. Also their larger saloons are front wheel drive and usually don't feature V8s.

Chrysler's smallest vehicle on the other hand is the Caliber which is actually quite big. And their bigger cars are rear wheel drive and feature V8 engines.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Chrysler also has planned vehicles with a Chinese manufacturer that will be about the size of an Aveo coming up. of the big 3 they were the first to recognise the problems in their line up and try to compensate.

you can hardly call the GM or Ford Solution either good or working - While these vehicles are on the market very few people are purchasing them, especially the Aveo, which is widely derided.

The Bigger Chrysler vehicles include the 300c - which features cylinder deactivation technology for fuel efficiency in it's V8, and a Diesel.

The new viper ACR is a bad ass race car that is barely passable as a street car. Its now wonder why it beats the Z06 and the GTR by a ton of time in the latest Car and Driver at Button Willow.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    chrysler does have jeep though, an entire sub-brand dedicated to failure and inadequacy. oh, and they make SUV's too.
    Jeeps sell pretty well in America.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Chrysler also has planned vehicles with a Chinese manufacturer that will be about the size of an Aveo coming up. of the big 3 they were the first to recognise the problems in their line up and try to compensate.

you can hardly call the GM or Ford Solution either good or working - While these vehicles are on the market very few people are purchasing them, especially the Aveo, which is widely derided.

The Bigger Chrysler vehicles include the 300c - which features cylinder deactivation technology for fuel efficiency in it's V8, and a Diesel.
    Where I live I see Cobalts and the new Malibus all over the place. Although I do agree that I do not see many Aveos.

Namely, Hummer. Why you would name your brand after a Sexual move is beyond me......
    HMMWV, High Mobility Multi Wheeled Vehicle... evolved to... Humvee... evolved to Hummer.

Why did American Bantam call their thing the Jeep? One theory suggests it came from GP or General Purpose (truck). So GP became Jeep.

Even the Huey helicopter was rumored to have received it's name from a string of letters, HU-1A to Huey.

GM didn't come up with the name any more than American Bantam came up with Jeep. The people in the military ended up calling it that. The name suck. What else would GM name the thing?

I think they are actually teaming up with Nissan for a B-segment vehicle, but it certainly can't come soon enough. The problem is that since they don't have an european subsidiary it's much more difficult for them to find source for small cars, unlike GM and Ford.

By the way I've done a comparison between the three main generalist American manufacturers and it seems that only the Avenger is competitive against its rivals.

Dodge Charger 2.7 V6 (186bhp) 18/26 $23,210
    Ford Taurus 3.5 V6 (263bhp) 18/28 $23,635
    Chevrolet Impala 3.5 V6 (211bhp) 18/29 $22,400

Dodge Avenger 2.4 (173bhp) 21/30 $20,330
    Ford Fusion 2.3 (160bhp) 20/29 $18,135
    Chevrolet Impala 2.4 (169bhp) 22/30 $20,550

Dodge Caliber 1.8 (148bhp) 24/29 $15,545
    Ford Focus 2.0 (140bhp) 24/35 $14,755
    Chevrolet Cobalt 2.2 (148bhp) 25/36 $15,070
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

[QUOTE=Ferrer;819185]By the way I've done a comparison between the three main generalist American manufacturers and it seems that only the Avenger is competitive against its rivals.[QUOTE]

And the Avenger is a wicked piece of garbage.

My buddies' dad has a Sebring (which as you probably know shares platforms) and I asked him about it and he laughed. It is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by rev440 View Post

Jeeps sell pretty well in America.
    figures
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post

And the Avenger is a wicked piece of garbage.

My buddies' dad has a Sebring (which as you probably know shares platforms) and I asked him about it and he laughed. It is crap.
    Funny you mention that - the materials are so crap I nearly cut my hand on the jagged edge on the e-brake lever.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Funny you mention that - the materials are so crap I nearly cut my hand on the jagged edge on the e-brake lever.
    It really is that bad huh?

So it's not worth even looking at even to get the $2.99 gas guarantee.

I know a friend who got the Jeep Grand Cherokee just for the gas. How's the fit and finish in that?

I'd hardly call any of the big three competitive when compared to their other competition, Ferrer but within the big three, certainly chrysler struggles.

Video: ACR on the Bonneville Salt Flats

YouTube - 2008 Dodge Viper ACR: From L.A. to Bonneville

Is the 2008 Cadillac CTS not competitive?
    Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

Unofficial 7:22 lap time on the Nürburgring

Effort from August 18, 2008

Tom Coronel, a pro driver from the Zakspeed Viper team, drove the beast.

2009 Dodge Viper ACR Sets Nurburgring Lap Record - Auto News - Motor Trend

http://www.zakspeed.de/

FIA GT Championship - Driver Biography : Tom Coronel

video

Dodge Viper ACR sets unofficial Nürburgring lap record

First drive of the ACR

2009 Dodge Viper ACR - First Drive - Motor Trend Magazine

Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

Thread Information