Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Updates on Chevrolet Volt

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo View Post
    What is wrong with you?

The people involved at tesla are well off people. they are not out to get mnore money, they allready have money. These people are true inovators and not sell outs. people like Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning.

so do us all a favor and stop giving your advice on something you obviously know NOTHING about.
    The people involved in ENRON were...poor?

Oh sure, Martin Eberhard and the other dude are some hardcore and respected engineers. But any good engineer should know....you can not build a groundbreaking "real and mass produced personal transportation vehicle" from scratch with a couple hundred million bucks. Stealing...thats what they are doing. They are stealing millions of dollars to do what they love to do. RESEARCH. In the pursuit to research their dream, these schlaps have bamboozled people out of millions to help fund their biggest RESEARCH PROJECT ever. Nothing "sellable to the public" will come out of this. Sure, there will be plenty of info that comes out of this to guide future companies willing to invest the amount of money it really takes to produce such a vehicle.

But until then, they are thieves. They have told people that THEY WILL produce this car. No way. NOT HAPPNIN'. Not with this "small" budget they aren't. Tesla has lied to their investors. They have not invested in a product, they have invested in research...research that will eventually be valued by a future billion dollar company. And guess who'll get payed for that valuable information?

Crooks.
    Last edited by -What-; 01-15-2008 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -What- View Post
    The people involved in ENRON were...poor?

Oh sure, Martin Eberhard and the other dude are some hardcore and respected engineers. But any good engineer should know....you can not build a groundbreaking "real and mass produced personal transportation vehicle" from scratch with a couple hundred million bucks. Stealing...thats what they are doing. They are stealing millions of dollars to do what they love to do. RESEARCH. In the pursuit to research their dream, these schlaps have bamboozled people out of millions to help fund their biggest RESEARCH PROJECT ever. Nothing "sellable to the public" will come out of this. Sure, there will be plenty of info that comes out of this to guide future companies willing to invest the amount of money it really takes to produce such a vehicle.

But until then, they are thieves. They have told people that THEY WILL produce this car. No way. NOT HAPPNIN'. Not with this "small" budget they aren't. Tesla has lied to their investors. They have not invested in a product, they have invested in research...research that will eventually be valued by a future car company. And guess who'll get payed for that valuable information?

Crooks.
    You contradict yourself at every corner. You pull "facts" out of your ass and make ludicrous assumptions and acusations...

arguing with you is like arguing with a wall, no matter how much sense i try to slap into you, you wont budge.I am not like some members in this forum (i.e. matre et alpine) who has the patience and dedication to argue with deadbeats like you and try to reason them.

I am done with you. you are not worth it.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo View Post
    You contradict yourself at every corner. You pull "facts" out of your ass and make ludicrous assumptions and acusations...

arguing with you is like arguing with a wall, no matter how much sense i try to slap into you, you wont budge.I am not like some members in this forum (i.e. matre et alpine) who has the patience and dedication to argue with deadbeats like you and try to reason them.

I am done with you. you are not worth it.
    I am not like other members on this forum either. I can pull facts out my ass if I want because my ass has the education and experience to back them up. So looky-here, you f*ckin' sophomore engineer understudy, I'm trying to hip you to some shady-lookin' shit. Take my info however you want to...but don't be STUPID and ignore it. You'll learn.

You can't build this car "legal" from scratch with a 50 millions...now 100 million...now 200 million dollar budget. How much more money do you need Tesla? A shitload more.

The technology for these cars isn't available yet.
    Yes it is. If it wasn't there wouldn't be any Hybrid cars on the road. The chassis is a modified Elise, so Lotus has already worn the development costs of that, reducing Tesla's costs due to them not having to develop a chassis. The electric drive systems, batteries, etc would have developed by other companies due to the boom going on in the design and production of Hybrid vehicles, so Tesla would have access to plenty of technology suitable for it, and would just have to incorporate it into their car.

I am not like other members on this forum either. I can pull facts out my ass if I want because my ass has the education and experience to back them up. So looky-here, you f*ckin' sophomore engineer understudy, I'm trying to hip you to some shady-lookin' shit. Take my info however you want to...but don't be STUPID and ignore it. You'll learn.
    You said in another thread you studied Chemical engineering and Management...neither of which would give you any more knowledge on automotive engineering than an undergraduate mechanical engineer.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    You said in another thread you studied Chemical engineering and Management...neither of which would give you any more knowledge on automotive engineering than an undergraduate mechanical engineer.
    No faith in American curriculum...you have.

While completing my Chemical Engineering program I was not blinded from what went on in other Engineering programs. In fact, I had to take some classes focused on other types of engineering.

Not only that, but I learned how much things caused. Budgets and what not. I was taught to have a "feel' for numbers. Working in the field reinforces this "feel". Tesla is in over their head.

Unless Tesla has some serious friendships in some serious developement and supply firms, I don't see how they could possilby survive. They are developing a car that will be the first of its kind that has to pass all types of inspections and expectations. Safety and warranties and shit...and they're selling this car below $100k. $100k? That's CHEAP. No way are they turning a profit.

They have a chassis, but they had to DEVELOP a powertrain. You don't have a "feel" for how much this type of shit cost. I do. $200 million or whatever they've bamboozled from people isn't enough.

No faith in American curriculum...you have.

While completing my Chemical Engineering program I was not blinded from what went on in other Engineering programs. In fact, I had to take some classes focused on other types of engineering.

Not only that, but I learned how much things caused. Budgets and what not. I was taught to have a "feel' for numbers. Working in the field reinforces this "feel". Tesla is in over their head.

Unless Tesla has some serious friendships in some serious developement and supply firms, I don't see how they could possilby survive. They are developing a car that will be the first of its kind that has to pass all types of inspections and expectations. Safety and warranties and shit...and they're selling this car below $100k. $100k? That's CHEAP. No way are they turning a profit.

They have a chassis, but they had to DEVELOP a powertrain. You don't have a "feel" for how much this type of shit cost. I do. $200 million or whatever they've bamboozled from people isn't enough.
    Well... you do have a point here. Look at Toyota. It took them a while to pay off their hybrid technology, and they're a big company.

I'm guessing Tesla just wants to be the 1st ones on the block to do this, that they don't plan on any long term staying power once the fad ends. But then again, we said the same about the automobile, but look how that ended up.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

You do have a point, but you've got to take in mind the production/sales planned. If they can sell enough cars with the $100,000 price tag they could still turn a profit.

Another matter is if they'll get to the point where they can start selling the car (fininshing development) and if they do, they they have to get the sales in order to be profitable.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

and yet not enough engineering to knwo who Mr Tesla was in reality ?
    Loved how you talked about him in the second person
    Didn't do any work on Intellectual Property value chain then
    Why not ?
    Provide us with the detialed cost analysis you've clearly done to come to that astounding conclusion.
    Calm down a little and think it through ....
    99% of the "powertrain" has existed for 100 years and been developed widely in areas outside of automotive. THe challenge has always been packaging, NOT technology Getting it smaller, cheaper, high volume is the key and the company with patents on that area will be rich beyond manufacturing could ever deliver
    Perhaps you would benefit from less BS, MUCH less personal attacks and more considered thought presented coherently in the future.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Inside Volt design studio

Leftlane tours GM's Volt design studio

(please keep thread on topic)
    Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    and yet not enough engineering to knwo who Mr Tesla was in reality?
    Please. Don't test me boy.

Please. Don't test me boy.
    That, folks, is why you never got the chop. Drop the attitude. It's embarrassing.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Tesla is barely surviving. Just recently they've dodged a what would have been fatal bullet.

The Associated Press: Tesla Sports Car Gets Air Bag Waiver

They STILL have not produced a production car...2 months from expected delivery.

-What- , why is this a surprise ?
    THe article makes it clear the reasons ....
    Tesla has based its Roadster on the two-seat Lotus Elise sports car, which also could not comply with the advanced air bag rule and received an exemption from NHTSA in August 2006.
    "dodged" ? Clearly they new well in advance
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    -What- , why is this a surprise ?
    THe article makes it clear the reasons ....

"dodged" ? Clearly they new well in advance
    This isn't a surprise, I expect Tesla to FAIL

This isn't a surprise, I expect Tesla to FAIL
    Just your form of writing then ...
    "Just recently they've dodged a what would have been fatal bullet."
    If you know it's coming you don't need to "dodge" nor could it ever be fatal

Besides the complex air bag standards are necessary in the big trucks where seats can be very close or very far away from dash etc etc. The bags in the Elise are fine and safe enough for drivers with common sense. I hope they only ever try selling Lotus or Tesla to sensible people

oh and they've already crash tested 5 or 6 of these. So "production" has started !

Thread Information