Thread: Mitsubishi RA Concept

Mitsubishi RA Concept

Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) and Mitsubishi Motors North America Inc. (MMNA, based in Cypress California) will premiere MITSUBISHI Concept-RA to the world at the 2008 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS or the Detroit Motor Show). MITSUBISHI Concept-RA fuses a passion for dynamic, exciting driving with a heightened sensitivity for the environment thanks to clean, efficient high performance diesel power. The 2008 NAIAS runs from January 13 to 27 at the Cobo Center in Detroit and opens to the general public on January 19.

MITSUBISHI Concept-RA shows that thrilling performance and environmental responsibility need not be mutually exclusive concepts. This coupe concept features the Super All Wheel Control (S-AWC) vehicle dynamics control system driveline and the Twin Clutch SST automated manual transmission used in Lancer Evolution, is powered by a new high-output, high-efficiency clean diesel engine.

The MITSUBISHI Concept-RA S-AWC driveline adds Active Steering and Active Damping control to the ACD, AYC, Sport ABS and ASC component systems that comprise the system used on Lancer Evolution. S-AWC integrally manages all of these systems to realize advanced levels of control over drive torque and braking, thereby upgrading traction, cornering and vehicle stability. All this adds up to intuitive, on-demand vehicle behavior that faithfully reflects driver intent under all driving conditions, from everyday use to emergency avoidance situations.

MITSUBISHI Concept-RA is powered by a new high-efficiency, low-emissions 2.2-liter 4-cylinder DOHC 16-valve turbodiesel engine with MIVEC continuously variable valve timing control. With piezoelectric injector common-rail direct fuel injection that allows a lower compression ratio and with a VD (Variable Diffuser)/VG (Variable Geometry) turbocharger, the clean diesel unit delivers a maximum output of 150 kW (204 PS) and maximum torque of 420 Nm (42.8 kg-m). For compliance with U.S. emissions standards (Tier 2 Bin 5 emission regulations), the engine relies on a new catalytic converter system that brings together diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC), NOx trap catalyst (NTC) and diesel particulate filter (DPF) technologies. The new diesel engine will deliver exciting driving manners with a high degree of fuel efficiency.

For improved crashworthiness and to reduce vehicle weight MITSUBISHI Concept-RA features a new body structure using an aluminum space frame made from extruded aluminum sections and die-cast aluminum members, as well as engine hood, fenders and other outer panels made from high impact-resistance and easily recyclable plastic resin.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    May the downforce be with you

Evolution X + Eclipse + cayman = RA

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifreak013 View Post
    Evolution X + Eclipse + cayman = RA
    = hot
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

unless you are considering the thermodynamic changes caused to the earth relative to other high performance vehicles, in which case it isnt hot
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    It's not bad looking. I don't like the eclipse rear though.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Looks like an R8 that got smacked with an EVO X
    I think "Koenigsegg" is Sweedish for "OH NO, MY HEADS JUST EXPLODED!"

If you can still see the cops,
    you're not going fast enough.

That's a nice concept.

If Mitsubishi produces that, it'll be awesome. I don't think they will though.

BTW, this car has got to be loaded with the most electronics!

You see all those acronyms there?

Oh I hope they go ahead with this. I've hated every Eclipse since 1998. This thing may finally be a real sports-coupe again.

And it looks great.

Damn..anyone else notice that rear diffuser has it's proportions all messed up. Looks like one side is < > much long than the other side
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

So is it gonna be AWD? And if it did look like that, that would be a beautiful car...

Thread Information