Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nissan Tiida test drive

In the segment it's competing, it's the best of the bunch, compared to the Vios and City, it's better built, better equipped.

The sad thing is, the design was actually taken from the rather sexy Nissan Sports Concept.

And here you go, a glimpse of the uglier sedan. And by the way, it's called Latio here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

It has a truly awful interior though. When doing all my market research earlier this year for purchasing in this class. I ignored it completely not because of the looks outside. but the looks INSIDE. Its just an ocean of dark bumpy crap plastic. Worse then an Astras interior and thats pretty bad.

Cant go past a Lancer or i30 (yeh, believe it! Hyundais now have excellent interior quality) for interior niceness, not to mention theyre much better on the outside too.
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    In the segment it's competing, it's the best of the bunch, compared to the Vios and City, it's better built, better equipped.

The sad thing is, the design was actually taken from the rather sexy Nissan Sports Concept.

And here you go, a glimpse of the uglier sedan. And by the way, it's called Latio here.
    Problem is isn Europe the segment it's competing in is the most crowded. So there are a lot of good products in it and as result the Nissan doesn't stand a chance.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    This is just a Nissan Versa. I think there's a sedan version coming too. It's the largest of the compact cars. Sounds like an oxymoron.
    I've seen the sedans in Toronto... ugly looking things. A simple visit to nissan.ca shows the Versa Sedan... Gargoyle of a car......
    Last edited by Rotary.freak; 01-10-2008 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post

The hatchback in the middle BTW is a very good looking hatch IMHO...

Quote Originally Posted by Rotary.freak View Post
    I've seen the sedans in Toronto... ugly looking things. A simple visit to nissan.ca shows the Versa Sedan... Gargoyle of a car......
    Eh.... it's alright.

America truly needs a more fuel efficient car. This is a good answer to that need.

I don't like it, but I don't hate it either. I'm indifferent.

America truly needs a more fuel efficient car. This is a good answer to that need.
    I think there are better options than this. Like some of the European offerings from US and Japanese manufacturers.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I think there are better options than this. Like some of the European offerings from US and Japanese manufacturers.
    Compared to what the US companies offer, it's pretty good. Definitely not the best though.

Compared to what the US companies offer, it's pretty good. Definitely not the best though.
    It is compared to what the US companies (Chrysler excepted) offer in the US. Compared to an European Focus or Astra it doesn't stand a chance.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    It is compared to what the US companies (Chrysler excepted) offer in the US. Compared to an European Focus or Astra it doesn't stand a chance.
    Man, isn't it ironic that Americans don't get the same products as the people in the other markets? I'm suing for unequal liberties.

We should have the right to have the same products as other people do. Why have an inferior product when you know there's a better one out there?

Well to be honest I think North America is lacking in good drivers. Besides, people just don't care to learn to drive more powerful cars because it requires a certain finesse...

We should have the right to have the same products as other people do. Why have an inferior product when you know there's a better one out there?
    because you suckers buy it up anyway and complain when a premium small hatch costs over X amount of dollars
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    because you suckers buy it up anyway and complain when a premium small hatch costs over X amount of dollars
    Well what are we supposed to do? It's all that's offered and most ppl need to get to work by car. I have a VR4 tho so i think i got the better end of the stick compared to the japanese .

Then again i don't go to work in it...

Quote Originally Posted by Rotary.freak View Post
    Well to be honest I think North America is lacking in good drivers. Besides, people just don't care to learn to drive more powerful cars because it requires a certain finesse...
    Hey, I just got my driver's license.

I'm trying to practice a lot with my father to be as safe as I can get.

I will get that finesse.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    Not I at least.

Not I at least.
    A 5-door 1.6-litre Focus can cost here up to $25,000.

What do you think about it now?
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information