View Poll Results: do you like facecrap?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes , I live behind my computer now

17 58.62%
  • no , I think its the beginning of the end of our civilisation

12 41.38%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: who hates/likes facecrap?

Quote Originally Posted by ripper46 View Post
    how do you communicate by coffee?
    he has special skillz
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Some thoughts:

1. The Poll options are both negative towards facebook. Living behind your computer can't be regarded as positive. So, by definition, you can't have a safe conclusion if you are based on the poll options

2. Facebook, just like PC's is just a tool. In fact anything that man uses is a tool. The problem is the way you use it, not the tool itself. For example you can't blame the knife of a murderer. It's the murderer's mind, not the knife's sharpness. You can't blame facebook or PC's in general if a person doesn't have a life and resorts to PC's to spend his miserable life.
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight View Post
    Some thoughts:

Facebook, just like PC's is just a tool. In fact anything that man uses is a tool. The problem is the way you use it, not the tool itself. .
    There is some (much) truth in there. However, I reckon this is a useless tool.
    How about when you want to say something to someone, you say it to them in person, and not in some weird font on the internet. IMHO I think this facebook myspace blog stuff is pushing it
    Back in the days when pc's and tv wasn't as widespread as it is now , people came out on the street and talked to eachother( my father told me this)
    This is really unimaginable these days, even I found this a bit weird..

To relate this to cars: (if u can see the connection)
    I think its deeply unnecesairy to have a bootlid that can close itself electrically when you push a button.

I'm 21 and already a grumply old man.

about the poll options: I am a noob , I didn't know how it worked , after messing with it for 5 minutes I somehow got 2 poll options, I wanted 3 but got 2, I was gratefull i got 2 so I only used 2 the 3rd option would have been neutral
    Last edited by ripper46; 12-30-2007 at 05:29 AM.
    24/02/2008: my first drive in a corrado 16, life is finally going somewhere...
    1/07/2008: first drive in a corrado vr6, life peaks here

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

Quote Originally Posted by ripper46 View Post
    There is some (much) truth in there. However, I reckon this is a useless tool.
    How about when you want to say something to someone, you say it to them in person, and not in some weird font on the internet. IMHO I think this facebook myspace blog stuff is pushing it
    Back in the days when pc's and tv wasn't as widespread as it is now , people came out on the street and talked to eachother( my father told me this)
    This is really unimaginable these days, even I found this a bit weird..
    I'm sorry, but what the hell are the people doing out there ? I knew Belgians were weird, but... In the town I live almost everybody knows eachother and/or recognises everybody. Lots of talking on the streets. When I am working on my car on the street, I am almost constantly chatting with somebody.. But it is true, it replaces this for the younger generations. Especially in the city.

Facebook was fun for the first month or so. But when I found all friends I could think of, did all tests and games I found interesting, I stopped using it. Plus, the amount of notifications and requests overwhelmed me. And the fact that it's arather slow site didn't help things either. So, yes I look there from time to time (like maybe once a week), but the fun's over.
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

No is not a good poll..

It's biased against it not 50/50.. Your headlines and poll should have had no biased opinions what's so ever in there,

Your post can it's your opinion but it's hard to ask a public question with your one sided opinion in there..

It's like me asking you do you like ****en shit arse c%^ts dirt bags at Telstra who provide a phone serves, Or the nice beautiful people @ Virgin who are nice loving people??..
    My strong opinion against the 1st will make your first thought lean on my side.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

And one question that needs to be asked is how old are you? because facebook originally was meant for college kids, and in that case it is nice to have one to keep in contact with friends from high school(which is why i use mine) or to talk to relatives/ siblings who live around the country which is also why i use mine and for those purposes it works great.

I don't think you can really get bored of it in a sense, as it would be the same as getting bored of a phone, or of an email, as I use it mainly as a communication tool. Its just a medium for communication when it comes down to it, just with a few extras!

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    I have real friends.
    Funny, most people i know (including myself) use it to better communicate with the real friends I have who I can't necessarily see or talk to in person every day of my life.

I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of the people who trash facebook are the people who don't have a profile or don't understand how to use it. Facebook is a communication tool. It makes it easier to communicate in a world where we are all so busy that we can't see or spend time with our friends every day. It also acts as a planning and scheduling tool for events and a forum for group discussion. How on earth is any of that bad?
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Funny, most people i know (including myself) use it to better communicate with the real friends I have who I can't necessarily see or talk to in person every day of my life.

I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of the people who trash facebook are the people who don't have a profile or don't understand how to use it. Facebook is a communication tool. It makes it easier to communicate in a world where we are all so busy that we can't see or spend time with our friends every day. It also acts as a planning and scheduling tool for events and a forum for group discussion. How on earth is any of that bad?
    This is very true. It has legitimate uses, for instance it's a good way to communicate with my friends who moved out to Alberta. It's expensive to phone often, and they aren't online for extended periods of time.

Also, remembering birthdays. I'm terrible at that, so thank you Facebook.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

I had a facebook account , for one day, I checked everything out, it sickened me, I got overexited (in the negative way) I made this exagerated post to see if i was the only one that hated it, and I deleted the lot.
    There were some intresting replies from which I can conclude that the average UCP member has a clear vision on the matter. thumbs up !
    24/02/2008: my first drive in a corrado 16, life is finally going somewhere...
    1/07/2008: first drive in a corrado vr6, life peaks here

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

I use facebook, I enjoy watching what other friends have been up to... I don't live behind my computer though and I definitely believe that you are exaggerating with the whole "Matrix" comment.

I have real friends, if you don't believe me check out my photos in facebook

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post
    Also, remembering birthdays. I'm terrible at that, so thank you Facebook.
    x2
    saved me from many a cranky female
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thats what I was trying to say!!

I know how to use it, and I have a profile, but I never use it.

It's true that Facebook can be a legitimate and very helpful tool used in communication. One of my friends used Myspace to show her family and friends new pictures of her newborn baby. However the fact that many people use Facebook as a competition, and bragging rights is what annoys me. The LOL look how many friends I have, and the OMFG look at me I'm drinking underage, and look at this massive bong hit I just took pictures is why I don't use it.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Thread Information