Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WHAT says: Honda is Failing

hopefully the alpha platform will pave the way for a light torana....
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by -What- View Post
    Ya know, sometimes I wonder why it is so difficult when one has nothing useful to say or to ask a question, to just refrain from posting
    Totally agree .... when do you chose that option ?
    I see that you are a supporting member, but in all honesty I am failing to see any traces of support
    Support ing member is supporting the forum and the site.
    NOT to "give support" to inferior and inappropriate posts !
    Honda probably will not die in the near future, but Honda is missing on chances to be a DOMINANT manufacturer like Toyota has grown to be. Honda takes forever to update anything that isn't the Civic or Accord and Honda is just straight-up being lazy with Acura. This new Accord probably is fantastic to drive, but VISUALLY it may be a failure. ACCORD SALES HAVE SLIPPED!!! Does anyone else find this amazing? Sales have slipped from the previous year...THIS IS A REDESIGNED MODEL!!! Sales are supposed to JUMP!
    Show me your figures.
    I showed you mine clearly demonstrating worldwide growth.
    Time to accept that the US is no longer a major market for car makers.
    Volume isn't the be-all in economics. If it isn't profitabel it isn't sustainable.
    Their focus on low price has driven the major US manufacturers to bankruptcy.
    I got to be honest about this, I don't enjoy your writing style. You post with such arrogance.
    I state facts.
    If you want to undestand arrogance then you should go to dictionary.com OR review your posts.
    So you say it is smart of Honda to NOT invest into developing other types of vehicles? Why?..because of the RISK? Pfftt...typical of a Matra.
    Sadly you misinterpret balanced investment with NO investment.
    Clearly Honda are investing where it will make a difference to their business.
    Back in the day, GM and other Americans blew off small cars because it was BETTER FOR BUSINESS (back then)
    You really need to read on your motor manufacturing history.
    WIthout government "support" all of the the US car makers woudl have fallen by the wayside and not just most of them
    You never know how the market will change and PLAYING THE GAME SCARED ain't gonna get you to the top.
    Kindergarten economics
    You don't get to tthe top and stay there by being blind to business fundamentals
    This isn't a game, this is business...right? Business is a game...to me.
    Clearly so is posting on this forum
    Honda is playing scared and/or playing dumb.
    Can#'t be a**sed tearing apart the rest of the HOnda diatribe as it's so far off the mark of reality it's clearly either the dumbest post ever made OR yuou are just trying to make a noise and nobody is interested in that childish stuff any more.

IF you prove you've investigated it and come back with SENSIBLE comments re investment and portfolio management then I'm happy to re-engage.
    By the way, what is Honda's "IC" technology? Whatever it is, it isn't winning HEADLINES. The Prius is. Electric is the future. Electric sells. IC? Never heard of it.
    erm never heard of Internal Combustion ?
    Prius WAS winning headlines but everyone is generally waking up to the BS of the hype.
    As I had said the FACTS are that normal cars with normal engines provide better consumption than the Prius AND when the total cost and impact of productyino and disposal are consdiered the Prius is HORRENDOUS.

Dare I say typical headline marketing BS that I can understand Hollywood air heads buying in to ... but seriously the rest is a scam.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Honda does not build what people want.

People want a mid-engined NSX...IGNORED

People wanted the CRX...IGNORED

People wanted a more powerful S2000...IGNORED

People wanted a whole bunch of sh*t IGNORED by Honda

Honda Fanboys wanted to update all their wallpapers, screen savers, avatars with newer versions, but IGNORED.

Honda hopes fanboys would buy cars, but alas...

Most Honda fanboys were busy masturbating looking at the poster of NSX during their school days and on weekends they join ricer boy runouts; now that the era of CRX, NSX was long gone, these bunch of fanboys grew up to be nothing more than useless people still dreaming about getting a Flux Capacitor on their civics to go back in time.

Honda desperately needs to widen their fan based in view of this desperate situation.

Honda turns to Toyota fans - widest band in the consumer income spectrum, buy boring, profitable cars, so that Honda still has the money to create wet dream cars for Fanboys.

I wonder how much wallpapers, screen savers contributes to Honda's annual profits.
    Last edited by Ingolstadt; 02-10-2008 at 03:15 AM.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Totally agree .... when do you chose that option ?

Support ing member is supporting the forum and the site.
    NOT to "give support" to inferior and inappropriate posts !
    You should let people respond to their own posts. You do not understand what I wrote.

Show me your figures.
    I showed you mine clearly demonstrating worldwide growth.

Prius WAS winning headlines but everyone is generally waking up to the BS of the hype.
    As I had said the FACTS are that normal cars with normal engines provide better consumption than the Prius AND when the total cost and impact of productyino and disposal are consdiered the Prius is HORRENDOUS.

Dare I say typical headline marketing BS that I can understand Hollywood air heads buying in to ... but seriously the rest is a scam.
    Don't tell me you're falling for the underground routine that goes..."the Prius causes more pollution than a Hummer...because if you consider the battery production, the blah...." Have you fallen for this? And what "normal cars" sold in America get better gas mileage than the Prius?

People are becoming MORE interested in the Prius. Sales are UP 37.1% from the previous January. Toyota sold more Prius than Acura sold TSX's last year. FACT.

And I don't doubt that Honda has increased sales volume. This is a short-term achievment. If Honda keeps with its sissy-business tactics the company will PLUMMET down the totem poll. I GUARANTEE IT.

Ferrer: G8 Estate is already on sale.

If it makes it to the US market is all that remains to be seen...
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    Honda Fanboys wanted to update all their wallpapers, screen savers, avatars with newer versions, but IGNORED.
    The point I was trying to make is that Honda has been ignoring some of its customers. Why not build the next NSX the way most people want it? USE YOUR HISTORY HONDA!!!

There are many examples of Honda not fully realising the desires of the customer. Please, save your "business" speech because I am not referring to wild-ass requests.

You should let people respond to their own posts. You do not understand what I wrote.
    As a mod, it's incumbent on me to point out inappropraite posts.
    Oddly enough, I expected this response and am prepared.....

Quote Originally Posted by -What-
    It should interest you to stay out of my way. I. WILL. DOMINATE.

Do you know who you are? There may be many answers to this question but only one is useful.

ANSWER:
    YOU'RE NOT ME
    You sent this in a PM to another UCP member.
    That is not tolerated and so you are getting a short ban to cool your heels and to consider what worth if any you provide to the forum and the other members.
    Don't tell me you're falling
    You're the one falling for propoganda. Have you studied CNWs "Dust-todust" energy report ?
    I have
    And what "normal cars" sold in America get better gas mileage than the Prius?
    Who cares Already pointed out to you that the US market is probably not that worthwhile for Honda. Gets volume up but as Ford/GM/Chrysler found out selling cars at a loss isn't sustainable !
    People are becoming MORE interested in the Prius. Sales are UP 37.1% from the previous January. Toyota sold more Prius than Acura sold TSX's last year. FACT.
    Take your word for that.
    BUT again, so what -What- ?
    Who has the largest worldwide sales growth ?
    WHo has the largest profit and businesss ?
    So there are more air-heads outside of Hollywodd than in
    It's a close run thong between Toyota and Honda as to who sucks the most at Formula One !
    And I don't doubt that Honda has increased sales volume. This is a short-term achievment. If Honda keeps with its sissy-business tactics the company will PLUMMET down the totem poll. I GUARANTEE IT.
    You relly need to understand business a little more.
    You're making the Sweigert business mistake

PS: ANd thanks for making THE most memorable sig line for us all to use
    "Thank god I am not -What-"
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 02-10-2008 at 04:06 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    Ferrer: G8 Estate is already on sale.

If it makes it to the US market is all that remains to be seen...
    I know the Commodore estate is already on sale (and what a good looking car it is), but I meant that the Pontiac version won't make it, probably because of the CAFE regulations and partly because North Americans don't buy estates (discontinuation of the Magnum and interesting indicator).
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Bob Lutz has basically stopped short of categorically excluding the Commodore wagon from US sales. He basically has said the predicted sales wouldnt be worth the importation. As youve already guessed, GM have frozen all future Zeta/RWD developments due to the CAFE regulations. Camaro i think was the last to be green-lighted.
    I am the Stig

WOW, calling henk4 an idiot and saying he doesnt contribute to he forums is probably the stupidest thing i ever read in this forum... and ive seen a lot of shitheads in these forums down the years... just WOW. the ignorance just never ends ith this guy.

By the way, what is Honda's "IC" technology? Whatever it is, it isn't winning HEADLINES. The Prius is. Electric is the future. Electric sells. IC? Never heard of it.
    erm never heard of Internal Combustion ?
    /end thread
    Last edited by ZeTurbo; 02-10-2008 at 07:37 AM.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

but Global Warming is a scam.
    Um don't even bother trying to convince the guy at this point. However you might want to consider that oil is a limited resource and regardless of global warming we will run out of oil anytime within the next 30-100 years. It might be a good idea to avoid an economic disaster to find alternative propulsion, synthetic petroleum, and biofuels.

Honda's cars are very good even if they are a bit on the dull side. The S2000 is still a good car, both the American and European civic has received fantastic reviews, their cars are extraordinarily reliable, etc. But according to some person with a manga avatar they are going down the tubes. Er NO!!
    Last edited by MRR; 02-10-2008 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo View Post
    /end thread
    Damn straight

Honda does not build what people want. People want a mid-engined NSX...IGNORED

People wanted a more powerful S2000...IGNORED

The problem is that not too many people bought NSXs in past couple of years.

As for the S2000, it's gotta stay within the sub-2000cc category or risk moving up in Japan. Plus I see quite a bit of them, so I'm going to venture and come to the conclusion that Honda satisfies the needs of most people.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    The problem is that not too many people bought NSXs in past couple of years.

As for the S2000, it's gotta stay within the sub-2000cc category or risk moving up in Japan. Plus I see quite a bit of them, so I'm going to venture and come to the conclusion that Honda satisfies the needs of most people.
    Well, didn't they actually do a special 2.2-litre version for the US market?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well, didn't they actually do a special 2.2-litre version for the US market?
    After 2004, every S2000 (at least in the US) came with a 2.2L engine.

Thread Information