Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And the winner is: Bluray

What program was it? Just because it's new doesn't mean it's HD.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

1080P movie is night and day better than regular def, and even 1080i/720P broadcast HD signal....most HD station in US/Canada only broadcast to 1080i, looking at those stations vs watching BD movie is pretty eye-popping.....if you can't see the difference you really shouldn't have bought HDTV...

Blu-Ray/HD-DVD difference is mainly going to be in higher-end audio signal. With BD-25GB disc they aren't that different, but with BD-50GB spec disc, they can afford to have full -lossless audio track with the movie, which HD-DVD is not capable of doing. If you have an audio set that can process this(with an appropreately equipped BD player, which mine isn't, nor is PS3 at the moment, though apprently it can transmit this via HDMI with proper firmware update) then it'll be the best audio/video combo available to consumer level....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I have HD TV and cant get a particular channel atm (just got it back from warranty shop) flicked over to regular TV and HOLY CRAP the quality is just in the gutter compared to HD TV.

Srsly Sam, get your eyes checked buddy!
    The Datto will rage again...

Well I guess since I think you're pretty I do have some kind of Impairment.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    You're both blind. I sit about 7' from a 52" 1080P Mitsu DLP, and the difference from standard definition to high def is night and day.
    Why did you get such a big arsed TV if you sit so close?
    My daughter does the same.

I can notice the difference between HD and SD but my point was that until I saw HD SD digital was brilliant. So where does it end? Do we need to get it better?
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra View Post
    I have HD TV and cant get a particular channel atm (just got it back from warranty shop) flicked over to regular TV and HOLY CRAP the quality is just in the gutter compared to HD TV.

Srsly Sam, get your eyes checked buddy!
    Regular TV compared to SD digital is the same in comparison. I still have a 20 year old antenna inside my roof under the tiles. Without the digital box it is nearly unwatchable. Now. Now that I have seen SD digital. I watched it before though!
    Watching HD starts to put SD in the shadows but only by direct comparison.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Whoever can't tell the difference between SDTV and HDTV shouldn't have a HDTV. Give it to me.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I kinda wanted Blu Ray to win.

Maybe PS3 sales can increase now?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I kinda wanted Blu Ray to win.

Maybe PS3 sales can increase now?
    They already are, my friend... They already are.

Also, people who think PS3 is crap will eat their words when good games come out , but a contributing factor as to why i got PS3 was that i knew i'd be getting an HDTV eventually and the Blu-Ray player (i was convinced) would win the battle, and cos it's cheaper than a normal blu-ray, makes double the sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    They already are, my friend... They already are.

Also, people who think PS3 is crap will eat their words when good games come out , but a contributing factor as to why i got PS3 was that i knew i'd be getting an HDTV eventually and the Blu-Ray player (i was convinced) would win the battle, and cos it's cheaper than a normal blu-ray, makes double the sense.
    I forgot the "anyway" at the end of that.

Yeah, my father and I are thinking of one. I'm planning it at the launch of GT5. It's gotta be cheaper by then anyway.

I heard Assassin's Creed is good. Metal Gear Solid has gotta be good as well. Maybe SOCOM as well? Any other good PS3 games out, for now and the future?

Yeah, my father and I are thinking of one. I'm planning it at the launch of GT5. It's gotta be cheaper by then anyway.

I heard Assassin's Creed is good. Metal Gear Solid has gotta be good as well. Maybe SOCOM as well? Any other good PS3 games out, for now and the future?
    Call of Duty 4 is a stunning game from what i've heard from the reviews as well as friends. GTA4 coming out soon too...

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Well I guess since I think you're pretty I do have some kind of Impairment.
    Again with the unneeded capitalization.

Also, think about this:
    Microsoft will need to use Blu-Ray surely. This means they will need to pay Sony good money for the rights to use Blu-Ray drives; as a result of this, Sony will end up making money on the sale of every X-Box 360 with HD compatibility... Gotta love it if you're Sony

GT5? The Prologue or the final version? If you're waiting for the final version of GT5 it's likely you'll buy your PS3 when Sony will announce the PS4 knowing Gran Turismo games notorious delays...
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Thread Information