Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new guy and his beasts

new guy and his beasts

gday all,
    im new here, i just found this website the other day and have already spent many hours browsing car related stuff (very enjoyable). Im 14, and have been racing cars the past 2 years on juniour cams liscences (L2 speed jnr. at the moment) My 2 cars are a Fiat 850 sport which is the main one I race and im in the process of rebuilding a fiat 131 mk. 3. I also pit crew for dad when we go racing in his Fiat x-19. well enough about me heres some piccies of my beasts

cheers,
    Ben
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Badams; 04-17-2008 at 12:09 AM.

Welcome!

Wish I could afford one car, a license, insurance, and consumables, much less two.

Looks like I'll be heading towards the used Honda Civic Si section when that time comes... can you say auto-x?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

no insurance its a race car, there not road registered either. but i must say the comsumables are a stretch what with tires, the damn price of fuel these days, not to say i was around when it was really cheap) and seeing its a fiat the little bits you have to fix, replace on a regular basis. but they are extremely well looked after

Where in australia are you situated?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Where in australia are you situated?
    queensland mate

Ah, I envy you. Near Brisbane?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Ah, I envy you. Near Brisbane?
    yeah, near brisbane

jerk....wish i had a car to race
    Welcome bro
    RUF CTR Yellowbird is what dreams are made of

Welcome, nice to somebody looking after a 131. Apparently it is not one of the original "rallye" models as they as 2-door only. Is it the 2-liter Supermirafiori DOHC? What are your plans with it?

Welcome to UCP. We have more people here that own an 850 Coupe, but none of them goes to the track with it.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Welcome, nice to somebody looking after a 131. Apparently it is not one of the original "rallye" models as they as 2-door only. Is it the 2-liter Supermirafiori DOHC? What are your plans with it?

Welcome to UCP. We have more people here that own an 850 Coupe, but none of them goes to the track with it.
    Fiat 131's were originally 4 doors(superbrava, mirafiori and more), the 2 doors (Abarth, Racing, Supermirafiori) only came out for homoligation purposes so ther could be raced. mines a 131 superbrava mk.3. and my plans for it are my day to day uses(when i get my liscence) and racing when i want to be in the registered 2L class rather than the Race Cars 0-1000cc class

Quote Originally Posted by Badams View Post
    Fiat 131's were originally 4 doors(superbrava, mirafiori and more), the 2 doors (Abarth, Racing, Supermirafiori) only came out for homoligation purposes so ther could be raced. mines a 131 superbrava mk.3. and my plans for it are my day to day uses(when i get my liscence) and racing when i want to be in the registered 2L class rather than the Race Cars 0-1000cc class
    That may have been true for Australia. My father had a 2 door 1600 model, and later a four door Supermirafiori.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

That may have been true for Australia. My father had a 2 door 1600 model, and later a four door Supermirafiori.
    yes sorry, I think that the supermirafiori came out as 2 or 4 doors. but dont quote me im not intirely sure

Cars look awesome.
    I want more pics of the X1/9 though...
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Here in Iberia, tracks are for the weak! We do our stuff on the road and kill a dozen people in the process.

Congrats on your nice car!
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Badams View Post
    gday all,
    im new here, i just found this website the other day and have already spent many hours browsing car related stuff (very enjoyable). Im 14, and have been racing cars the past 2 years on juniour cams liscences (L2 speed jnr. at the moment) My 2 cars are a Fiat 850 sport which is the main one I race and im in the process of rebuilding a fiat 131 mk. 3. I also pit crew for dad when we go racing in his Fiat x-19. well enough about me heres some piccies of my beasts

cheers,
    Ben
    Good work mate, I want to get my oldest daughter involved in motorsport soon as shes 12, what sort of events do you do with the L2 jun cams lic ?
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Thread Information