View Poll Results: Do you feel the need to cut your CO2 levels?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I will happily give up my car for a smaller one ect.....

15 27.78%
  • I think i should but im not going out of my way to much to do so.

23 42.59%
  • No, its not harming anyone.

16 29.63%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Who actually cares about "global warming"? And is cutting CO2 important?

Quote Originally Posted by CapnBoost View Post
    I'd like to see any report anyone can find about polar bears drowning. That has to be my most irritating claim by global warming eco-nazis. All i can find is stuff like "overestimated" or "polar bear expert wonders where they got their numbers" or "don't rush to judgement" etc.
    Claims of polars bear numbers declining(significantly) I find slightly humorous.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

Well, seeing that scientists have actually found Polar Bears that have drowned trying to swim from ice cap to ice cap, because there are soo much has melted, id say global warming is an issue. I have one question that the "**** the enviroment" folk NEVER seem to answer, what do all these scientists, and its a vast majority of them, and enviromental people and groups have to gain from saying what they are saying???...

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax13 View Post
    Well, seeing that scientists have actually found Polar Bears that have drowned trying to swim from ice cap to ice cap, because there are soo much has melted,
    i hope you mean ice berg
    polar bears can swim quite a distance can't they?
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 04-14-2008 at 11:24 PM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Well, seeing that scientists have actually found Polar Bears that have drowned trying to swim from ice cap to ice cap,
    And you think that this is a recent thing? If you do you are so missinformed.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Well, seeing that scientists have actually found Polar Bears that have drowned trying to swim from ice cap to ice cap, because there are soo much has melted, id say global warming is an issue. I have one question that the "**** the enviroment" folk NEVER seem to answer, what do all these scientists, and its a vast majority of them, and enviromental people and groups have to gain from saying what they are saying???...
    Polar bears are natural swimmers, they swim from ice cap to ice cap all the time, and have done so for a long time.. Dieing comes naturally.

"In the Davis Strait area, a 140,000-square kilometer region, the polar bear population has grown from 850 in the mid-1980s to 2,100 today"

"However, current research suggests that coastal stations in Greenland and the Arctic are instead experiencing a cooling trend, with Arctic sea ice increasing and average summer air temperatures at the summit of the Greenland Ice Sheet have decreased at the rate of 4°F per decade since measurements began in 1987." H. Sterling Burnett May, 2006.

What they gain is the attention of the people, and the necessary media to try and kick people into doing something about "global warming".

Yeah, they can swim quite some distance, this probably isnt undocumented but the issue is they are finding more and more of them are drowning, not the odd and occaisional. Polar Bear numbers are not the argument hear, so i dont know what that has to do with anything. Oh, and Burnett, could you find a dumber ****, anyone that compares Al Gores "An Inconvenient Truth" to Joseph Goebells propaganda films is about as bright as George Bush, Ward Churchill anyone, oh, and hes a big wig at the NCPA, a group that has taken hundred of thousands of dollars from oil companies, including many other "think tanks" that have taken money from oil companies. This Burnett is not a reliable source of anything...

Yeah, they can swim quite some distance, this probably isnt undocumented but the issue is they are finding more and more of them are drowning, not the odd and occaisional. Polar Bear numbers are not the argument hear, so i dont know what that has to do with anything. Oh, and Burnett, could you find a dumber ****, anyone that compares Al Gores "An Inconvenient Truth" to Joseph Goebells propaganda films is about as bright as George Bush, Ward Churchill anyone, oh, and hes a big wig at the NCPA, a group that has taken hundred of thousands of dollars from oil companies, including many other "think tanks" that have taken money from oil companies. This Burnett is not a reliable source of anything...
    I do believe that we are having global warming BUT I find Al Gore's film to be a complete piece of shit because he flies around in his private jet and big car on his ranch which consumes 10x the kilowatt-hours of the average American home.

Funny although I am not a big fan of Bush that his Texas ranch home is actually a model for energy self sufficiency and makes Al Gore look like the blithering hypocrite he is.
    Bush's Ranch House 'Far More Eco-Friendly' Than Gore's -- 03/01/2007

I dont think anyone here said anything about Al Gore, i believe "An Inconvenient Truth", however i dont approve of his hipocritical acts of utilizing a private jet and what not. Im the last person that will defend anyone that takes part in what they preach against, its why im soo bitter...

Mad Max why would polars bears drown more often?

Because with the rising temperature the icebergs are fewer, meaning they have less to seek refuge on when on long swims or having to cross large bodies of water...

Also ask the Inuits, who are having to travel farther and farther each year to reach the snowy region in order to hunt...

Thread Information