And now, another episode of It Could Only Happen in America!

Quote Originally Posted by TopGear.com
Top Gear might be accused, every now and again, of preaching evangelical on our favourite cars. But an American minister can go one better.

Charles Ales, a non-denominational Christian from Frogtown, Pittsburgh, loves classic Fords so much that he's building the Mustang Church of America.

Set to open this summer, the church already has its logo ready - a Christian fish with the Mustang horse inside. Ales plans to preside over car shows, swaps and two Mustang blessings each year.

Ales' collection of classic Mustangs - including all three of Ford's in-house 'Boss' specials - will be housed within the church. The wall behind the pulpit will feature a mural of - and we're really, really not making this up - Jesus at the wheel of a 1966 Mustang.

"Somebody asked me if I wasn't worried about people thinking this was sacrilegious," says Ales. "Well, I hope Jesus has a sense of humour."

Jesus is yet to comment on the revelations.
Source: Top Gear

I like to think that Jesus would approve of this. He'd be practising turning water into beer or petrol, and convincing the various saints to go road tripping. While drunk. After all, the monks to make some very tasty beers, so it stands to reason that they'd be served at any celebrations...