Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield Bad Company

Battlefield Bad Company

Who thinks this game will be a hit.

YouTube - Battlefield Bad Company Beta - Oasis
    UCP FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

Could be good, however i did notice that not only does it seem to take 30 rounds to kill someone, or even 10 rounds at center mass, it really does look like BF: Vietnam reskinned...

If the opponent is wearing decent body armour than it's going to take a number of rounds ! Aslo, I'm not convinced of how well the games actually compute the variances in shot at distance. My "experience" it seemed that everything was farily accurate in laying down multiple shots. In reality at distance a short muzzle battlefield weapon and standard munition has a variability that makes it hard to send 30 shots downfield and hit the object !!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

It makes it hard after the first shot, atleast, it does if you use a .303, but I admit thats not technically a current battlefield rifle

*shrugs* being able to stand up and strafe and what looks like 99% of rounds going into centre mass and living that long, its abit strange.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

I am just bummed its not coming out for PC
    UCP FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    If the opponent is wearing decent body armour than it's going to take a number of rounds !
    the impact is still going to knock you on your ass
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Aslo, I'm not convinced of how well the games actually compute the variances in shot at distance.
    true; looking at you, every pistol ever included in an FPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    It makes it hard after the first shot, atleast, it does if you use a .303, but I admit thats not technically a current battlefield rifle
    afghans and indians still use them for second line/militia hell i would if i had nothing else..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I'd rather just go to the range again.. though I could do without the steel buttplate. My shoulder hurt from your damned 303. still <3 BF desert combat, and BF2, but I'm avoiding this game for a while, too many good games, and GTA4 (only for multiplayer) will take priority.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

I'd rather just go to the range again.. though I could do without the steel buttplate. My shoulder hurt from your damned 303.
    that was only the M38 mauser in 6.5mm...
    i'll get my padded shooting jacket out next time, for the .303
    still <3 BF desert combat, and BF2, but I'm avoiding this game for a while, too many good games, and GTA4 (only for multiplayer) will take priority.
    the thing is, i'd have to get this on PC for the full amount of players - but then hardly anyone has headsets.
    also, the maps seem too open...makes vehicles easier to use, but god help you if you're an infantryman caught out in the open - and now they can blow down buildings
    infantry parts seem dodgy and once again, vehicles will dominate the map so i'll sit this one out i they can't rectify it.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

the only thing that appeals to me is the fact that buildings are destructible. heading a launched grenade into a wall you know an enemy is hiding behind, only to reveal him by blowing the wall down is something we've never been confronted with before in gaming.

other than that, its got nothing on COD4.

This is only being made for next-gen consoles. Just like the PS2 battlefield games. BF3 is coming out for PC in 2009.
    Last edited by Cotterik; 04-09-2008 at 07:09 AM.

It looks like another good idea fumbled, kinda like CoD 4...

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    This is only being made for next-gen consoles. Just like the PS2 battlefield games. BF3 is coming out for PC in 2009.
    Have you seen whats coming out for the PC first

YouTube - Battlefield Heroes Trailer
    UCP FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax13 View Post
    It looks like another good idea fumbled, kinda like CoD 4...
    Hmm you'll have to elaborate on that one...

Most people love the game.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    that was only the M38 mauser in 6.5mm...
    i'll get my padded shooting jacket out next time, for the .303
    Week, I thought Aussies were tough enough to shrug off a little bruising

The game looks a bit too arcadish for my taste.

^ jungle carbine no.5 with hot loads
    no point taking a kick if you don't have to

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Hmm you'll have to elaborate on that one...

Most people love the game.
    Thats because most peoples skills werent created on first gen Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon. I was interested in CoD4, not excited because i woul dhave liked CoD to do one in Vietnam perphaps, so dont get me wrong. The problems with CoD4 are A. Juggernaut= noob capable game B. Sniper rifles= just about any asshole who has the patience to sit in one place can rack up kills with zero skills C. Pistols, personally ive NEVER heard of ANYONE cranking off kills, let alone HEADSHOTS, from 100+ yards, hell the Desert Eagle drops you in one shot while the M249 takes 3 or 4 D. Clean up the ****ing glitches, im FOREVER having to hunt down assholes who have glitched into destroyed buildings, on top of trees, out of the map, etc. E. The range on these weps, ****ing hell an assault rifle, SMG, LMG on full auto is NOT going to hit someone 200+ yards down range, if it did its sheer luck and F. Last, but DEFINATELY NOT least, bullet penetration. It seems like as long as you have "Deep Impact" you can shoot through cars, concrete pillars, solid concrete walls, hell, through MULTIPLE ****ing buildings, even with a PISTOL. It was a good idea, the bullet penetration, but that was probably the biggest fumble next to the accuracy issues...

Thread Information