Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield Bad Company

Is anyone else going to buy it?
    UCP FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

I might...i like the demo so far...

I dunno. Finally having a good single player campaign is good, but it still seems to suffer from the problems of the older Battlefield games, where you don't really feel any connection between pressing shoot and what your gun does, then between your gun and what you're shooting at.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I have already finished single player. Its very fun even though its kind of short. Multiplayer is awesome.
    Last edited by rallyswift75; 07-12-2008 at 03:16 PM.
    UCP FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

Recently added the game to my collection.

Got some campaign sections under my belt very easily. Immensely enjoying multilayer mode almost got rank 25, the highest.
    Last edited by #1 Mustang Fan; 08-21-2008 at 02:50 AM.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

it has some issues, but their not a deal breaker to me. great filler.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Pretty good game

Very good game.

Last night clutch and i along with two of our friends played some decent matches.

Only lost 3 defends out of about 16 played defends, and im unsure of our attack history.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Very good game.

Last night clutch and i along with two of our friends played some decent matches.

Only lost 3 defends out of about 16 played defends, and im unsure of our attack history.
    nah, we've only ever lost 3 defensive matches...ever, out of 39 defensive games lol
    attacking it's roughly 50/50
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Im thinking about getting it still, how much better are the other maps over Oasis? And do they have and open map gamemode yet? (as in you can walk the whole map from the start)

they have the traditional battlefield game type for free download (flags all over map that you have to capture and hold)
    i reccomend getting three other friends to play with as your squad, though. sorta how it's meant to be played, makes a pretty big difference imo.

I just ran out of live the day the traditional game play came out. Renewing the subscription tomorrow though.

It is much better playing with a squad of friends.

Teh Canuck, Conquest was released a few days ago. but the largest maps are cut down.
    Conquest is vastly vehicle based on a number of maps so it can be quite challenging/annoying.

I'm always amazed at the value of a good squad, and the impact it has on the flow and challenge of the field of battle. Bad squads (I've been in a few) where the other three are sniping from afar means you spawn so far from the action you cant back up your team to gain the capture point. But a good balanced squad can keep rolling as a group from flag/crate to flag/crate continuously as the members flow and run together - constantly moving forward.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    I'm always amazed at the value of a good squad, and the impact it has on the flow and challenge of the field of battle. Bad squads (I've been in a few) where the other three are sniping from afar means you spawn so far from the action you cant back up your team to gain the capture point. But a good balanced squad can keep rolling as a group from flag/crate to flag/crate continuously as the members flow and run together - constantly moving forward.
    that attack match where we used a creeping barrage rolled through them like the blitzkrieg through polish cavalry
    it's nice having team mates who actually bother to throw medpacks to you when they're playing support

Just reached rank 25.

Downloaded conquest and was subsequently disappointed, it isn't as good as it was in previous battlefields. Vehicles play too bigger a roll and it annoys me immensely.

There are some really annoying weapons like the m16 and the Ump that get on your nerves when in some, err difficult positions.

Having a range of people throughout the squad is important, though most important is having a half-decent support and a sniper is always useful on longrange maps like harvest day or oasis when defending.

Thread Information