Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about Top Gear Series 10

Well, I put my questions to sky...editted transcript below:

Question
    Hi,
    A question about Top Gear.
    On Sunday (27th April) we saw episode 3 of Series 10, which is great.
    According to the Top Gear show website, episode archive (BBC - Top Gear - Episode Archive - Series 10 - Episode 4) the next episode (4) should be the African Safari special, yet the promos are showing the next episode as being 5.
    What gives? Why don't we get to see this episode (4)?
    Also, why are the news segments missing from this the current series? In previous series we've seen the news segment of Top Gear but not in this current series.
    And finally, are there any plans to show the Top Gear Polar special?

Sky TV's response:
    Thank you for your email.

Please be assured that Prime are screening full unedited episodes of the new season of Top Gear. However the new season is slightly different to the ‘original’ BBC form as the BBC edit their international version down slightly.

Often this is the celebrity segment, as the star requires more money for the footage to be played overseas. Prime does not cut footage from the first run of Top Gear episodes, and unfortunately what is cut from the distributor’s end is out of our control.

With regards to how the episodes are played out, BBC has sold Prime the rights to the special episodes separate to those in the series. Therefore Prime will be playing these episodes out later in the year including African Safari special and Polar special. Please keep an eye on your local TV listings or our website as the schedule will be made available once confirmed.

Regards

And seeing as we get to see the Star in a reasonably priced car segment, the news must be dropped from the International version we're getting.

Well, Torrents here i come...

in BBC WORLD, they would only show the car reviews and not the news, but i get to watch the news segment through the net, so i have no complaints.... so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    BBC == NO commercials --- WIN
    The first B in BBC stands for BRITISH. England is a desolate land just south of Scotland
    haha. Damn skippy.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Wow, I didn't know that you guys get no commercials, on the BBC at least. That's mainly the reason why I watch so little television.

Sorry, forgot about the distinction again.
    So what channel are you seeing Top Gear on? We had it here for a little while on Discovery, but then it got taken off the air and I haven't been able to find it any place other than the net.

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post

So what channel are you seeing Top Gear on? We had it here for a little while on Discovery, but then it got taken off the air and I haven't been able to find it any place other than the net.
    Yeah, I caught it for a little while on Discovery. Then they dropped it and I went with torrents. Torrents are much better, IMO.

I think you might be able to find it on BBC America though, if you get that channel. I'm too lazy to find it.

Thread Information