Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2007/08 Champions League Final

2007/08 Champions League Final

This year it is an all english affair:

VS

Who do you think/hope will win it?
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

I'm not really that bothered who wins, just as long as it isn't as bad as either a) the last time the CL final was between two countries of the same nation [Milan vs Inter a few years ago] or, b) the last time Man Utd and Chelsea played a major final against each other [FA Cup last year].

Those games were two of the worst and dullest football matches the world has ever seen.

If I really had to choose one way or the other I'd go for Man Utd as they play much more exciting, fluid, attacking football than Chelski. They have undoubtedly been the best team throughout the course of the tournament.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    I'm not really that bothered who wins, just as long as it isn't as bad as either a) the last time the CL final was between two countries of the same nation [Milan vs Inter a few years ago] or, b) the last time Man Utd and Chelsea played a major final against each other [FA Cup last year].

Those games were two of the worst and dullest football matches the world has ever seen.

If I really had to choose one way or the other I'd go for Man Utd as they play much more exciting, fluid, attacking football than Chelski. They have undoubtedly been the best team throughout the course of the tournament.
    But las time they played (for the league though) It was a pretty good game.. which chelsea won.

And yes, that inter vs Milan final was painfull to watch

0-0 FTL
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

United til i die, so hoping it's a tribute to the great Busby Babes 50yrs on.

I'm hoping Carrick can pull some strings in Midfield (highly underrated imo, but he's a very understated kinda player, nobody realises his influence until they watch him carefull) and United can perform on the day. Ronaldo needs to step up in a game like this to prove he's the world's greatest, something other players are able to do better than him (such as anderson and Rooney, but mainly Tevez - a proper big-game player and scorer of so many crucial goals.

It'd be interesting to see if Drogba's able to keep himself off the ground, he's not got the best balance, that guy, bit of a tosser too.

Ferdinand has been solid for Utd this weekend and i think he's more suitable an England Captain than Terry, who has an attitude problem, can't handle referee's well and I think the growing consensus now is that Ferds deserves it - hopefully a win in Mosow (where Chelski clearly have home advantage) will seal the captaincy.

Didn't mention Giggs yet, I think the man's already a legend, and won't be forgotten by any real Utd fans. I'm getting tired of people saying he's getting old and crap and he's just there for the payday Utd get when he breaks the record. I think that's pathetic, he's been Utd's most loyal servant ever (well, joing most loyal, for now) and still has the ability to make big impacts off the bench. It's just a shame he never played for England, but instead Wales got him.

First person who votes Chelsea gets slapped in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    By everybody who has already voted for United. This list could get long. Don't wanna be that first person. Unless it's Rocke, from what i hear not many people would touch him with a barge pole?

I would have liked it if Arsenal was in the final, but no, they have to be dumbasses and fall apart in the second half of every match.

I would have liked it if Arsenal was in the final, but no, they have to be dumbasses and fall apart in the second half of every match.
    If Arsenal still had Eduardo, they would have won the league.

As much as i despise both teams, i'd rather see Manchester Utd win. Simply because they play better football
    May the downforce be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    By everybody who has already voted for United. This list could get long. Don't wanna be that first person. Unless it's Rocke, from what i hear not many people would touch him with a barge pole?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Damn you.

Oh shit. :O

But on a more positive note, Chelsea has Michael Ballack, Drogba, and the usual cast of suspects. As we saw in World Cup 2006 and the subsequent matches, Ballack has the uncanny knack of being involved in quite a few goals.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I am a Spurs fan so am indifferent as to who wins.

However i hate Chelsea more than any other football team and i really want to see them win nothing this year.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Quote Originally Posted by orshow View Post
    If Arsenal still had Eduardo, they would have won the league.

As much as i despise both teams, i'd rather see Manchester Utd win. Simply because they play better football
    Eduardo is simply awesome, and i was as upset as most Arsenal fans about him being injured, i think he was just starting to find his feet, and the Arse could've used him towards the end where they all fell apart. They wouldn't have won the league though. One striker's not gonna make up for all the fatigue felt by the midfield and the fact the best right back in the world got injured, letting Senderos play at CB.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Oh shit. :O
    Who lives closest to this fool and will hand out the required number of slaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Suka View Post
    I am a Spurs fan so am indifferent as to who wins.

However i hate Chelsea more than any other football team and i really want to see them win nothing this year.
    So you're not really indifferent in this case...
    Last edited by Street_Dreamer; 05-19-2008 at 03:03 AM.

Predictions for scorelines anyone??
    I'm saying United 2 - 1 Chelsea
    Utd to score first and one of the goalscorers will be unexpected, like Scholes in Barca. or Carrick in Roma last year - hell, maybe even Louis Saha if he doesn't snap something while running from the dugout to the Chelsea area. Such a good player, wasted by fragile bones.

My father and I have been Manchester United supporters for our entire lives. That's actually funny because we are both Irish and we were born in the Republic of Ireland (and no, I don't like Celtic). However, if you think about it, most of the best Irish players from Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland have played for Manchester United. Also, a lot of Irish people support English teams.

I believe we can beat Chelsea by 2 goals if we play our best.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Thread Information