Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix

Well the race is about to begin, and the track is wet with rain expected to continue for the next 25 minutes at least.

Heikki Kovalainen's car has failed to get away from the grid. Whether that's a stall or something more serious is not known yet, but it's probably already ruined his race.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

This is going to be good Kubica is kicking arse!
    "When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat." - Henry Ford

It's all getting a bit silly now, safety car out while they clear the cars of Coulthard and Bourdais. It seems to be the top of Massenet which is causing the problems as Alonso went off there too.

Strange decision from Hamilton to stay on the Intermediates. I would have thought he'd go to full wets, unless the weathermen have told McLaren that the rain is going to clear soon...
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Drive through penalty for Raikkonen for not having his tyres fitted by the pre-determined time. Horrific mistake from the Ferrari team as it's going to push him way down the field.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Sutil Fastest lap!

I was worried, I thought that was Sutil that had retired! But it was Fisichella with a broken gearbox. Sutil is really "doing a Senna/Bellof". If he can keep this up it could go a long way to securing a future drive with a much better team.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Did I just see Jim in the Ferrari pits? It looked sorta like him.

Wow. Kimi Raikkonen has just become the most unpopular guy in Formula One! He just completely destroyed what would have been one of the great fairy-tale results in F1 history.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Provisional Race Result

1. Hamilton
    2. Kubica
    3. Massa
    4. Webber
    5. Vettel
    6. Barrichello
    7. Nakajima
    8. Kovalainen
    9. Raikkonen
    10. Alonso
    11. Button
    12. Glock
    13. Trulli
    14. Heidfeld
    Ret Sutil
    Ret Rosberg
    Ret Piquet
    Ret Fisichella
    Ret Coulthard
    Ret Bourdais
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    Wow. Kimi Raikkonen has just become the most unpopular guy in Formula One! He just completely destroyed what would have been one of the great fairy-tale results in F1 history.
    Sutil looked ABSOLUTELY gutted. I like Kimi and it's hard to blame him for what happened but one's got to feel for Adrian in this situation. At least people will remember how good of a drive he had.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Sutil looked ABSOLUTELY gutted. I like Kimi and it's hard to blame him for what happened but one's got to feel for Adrian in this situation. At least people will remember how good of a drive he had.
    Sutil braked too late as well, he was full opposite lock before he was hit. Maybe Sutil's late braking tricked Raikonen. It is very sour nevertheless.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

very good race. showed alot of good drivers in smaller less succesful teams. shame Raikkonen had to be a bad loser. definately best race of season

they kinda met in the middle in that one....the replay can show Sutil was also well out of shape at that point as well....

Great race by McLaren and Hamilton, good pit call and strategy and great bit of driving(minus the early brush against the wall) got them a solid result.....Kubica can leave with the being the only mistake-free guy in mind. Though I think BMW have to worry a bit about their actual pace as he was running considerably lighter in quali and still only managed to qualify 5th. Not boasting well for their high downforce circuit pace. Ferrari's conservative strategy cost them. Massa's chip should rise now with that result still. Lots of level headed driving on his part(with that mistake even) in very "not-Massa-friendly" track and condition.

All in all a classic Monaco.....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Aaahh..I feel really sorry for Sutil. But I think he has already secured 'a future drive with a much better team'

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Aaahh..I feel really sorry for Sutil. But I think he has already secured 'a future drive with a much better team'

Not too sure about that....he is not very consistant....very very good at Monaco, not so much else where as Fisi is owning him everywhere else....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information