Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Petrol Price

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    anyone hear about the 9000 or so American pumps that cant facilitate petrol prices above 3.99/gallon
    that also could be easily solved by changing to the metric system....prices above 3.99 per liter are not yet upon them.....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    are you using "illegal" diesel? The normal consumer will have to pay about 1.35.
    We have two types of diesel, basically different through a colored additive. The "red" diesel is allowed only for industrial purposes and agriculture (not road transport) while the normal diesel is taxed higher. In certain areas tax authorities regularly execute controls on your tank, because running red diesel is very attractive.
    And for those who wonder why diesel is so much cheaper here than petrol, we have an intricate system of road tax, which levies a much tax on diesel powered cars, while also the sales tax includes an extra diesel amount.
    The "low" tax on the fuel itself is meant as a stimulus for the haulage industry, which is big in Holland and has many international apsects as well.
    Last time I checked it was that amount(not 100% sure of my memory this week), but yes we do use "red diesel" on our company. We modified the gas tanks to accompany the larger nozzles.. We try to fuel up as much as possible at the source, the Shell refinery, where we can get it at 0.50€/liter.

Red diesel definately is worth a try if you drive as much as we do.. The chance of getting caught is relatively small. Fines are heavy though, around 8€ per litre if your caught..

edit:
    If you are interested, the various gas stations in the port serve this. The cars run just fine on it. You do need a special card, which can be ordered at the DCB gas stations.

Diesel = €1.419/liter
    Petrol(RON95) = €1.655
    RON98 =€1.709
    Red diesel = €1.313

Anyone happen to know the price of AdBlue ?
    Last edited by drakkie; 06-05-2008 at 09:49 AM.

In Portugal..

gasoline
    95oct - 1.50€/L
    98oct - 1.70€/L

Diesel - 1.40€/L

Give or take, that's about it, ofc today the prices will rise, they've been doing that almost every weeek, sometimes 2/3 times a week, we have to use it so why not!?
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

i always thought diesel was quite a bit cheaper in europe because ya'll didn't tax it as heavily...did they stop doing that since this whole "global warming" stuff got started?
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    I loved it on TV last night.

Dr Brendon Nelson (Opposition leader) Was on Today tonight (srsly, Anna Coren is both a Liberal and a Douche) and he was talking about how His potential government would cut the fuel tax by 5%.

And then complains that the governments $1 Billion tax windfall from this fuel excise would, if his government was elected, go towards old people.

Is it just me or do those figures not add up? Using money you're not going to have.....
    No need to understand where it is coming from, As long as it sounds good it's good even if total magpie droppings.

That 5c and 10c would be eaten in weeks if not days.. The Removing of the GST on fuel could head the same way.. Removing the full tax would work.. But leave billions missing that can't be replaced without raising tax's. I don't think they can fight petrol to the point where it's going to make a difference to us.

Actually i wouldn't mind paying $50-100 more on my registration for cheaper fuel..
    Times that by 6 million + drivers, We could reduce fuel cost and which in turn could reduce food prices.
    $50 x 5 million cars = $250000000 there's our fuel cut.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Q34.44 gasoline = $4.56
    Q36.10 diesel= $4.78
    In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women. -Tony Montana

Guys, i find this hard to believe ..... scam?

Water Car Run on WATER+Fuel. Hydrogen Save Gas=FREE ENERGY!
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

it looks sooo backyard i'll disbelieve it...but i would like to hear from the engineers/knowledgable amongst us as well.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Gas here was 133.7 yesterday...

$4.04 simply...ridiculous...

lol cry me a river, that's nothing
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    Guys, i find this hard to believe ..... scam?

Water Car Run on WATER+Fuel. Hydrogen Save Gas=FREE ENERGY!
    IF technology like this was so easy to come up with... why don't car manufacturers just scrap engines and install these
    May the downforce be with you

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    it looks sooo backyard i'll disbelieve it...but i would like to hear from the engineers/knowledgable amongst us as well.
    im no expert but isnt water incompressible. I mean when you wade to deep it aint too good to get a flodded engine. Id like to hear from a chemist about whether water can magically split its hydrogen this easily? On another note, do you think even if water did replace oil as key fuel that the enviro's would eventually claim that we are using too much water (which we sort of are in some places already) blah blah.
    autozine.org

I drove out iowa-way last week to pick up a boat and gas there was 3.70ish while gas here in gods country (totally joking) has been sitting around the mid to high 3.80's for the past couple weeks. I know thats only a few dollars difference per tank but it still pisses me off. The good news is that the 3.80 i pay is for 89 or 90 octane...the 87 is right around 4.00. GOD BLESS CORN ETHANOL!

I also just talked to my buddy Danny out California-way (no ethanol out there)who called me to complain about gas being 4.70 out there. And thats for crappy Arco 87 octane. Its amazing how much of a difference it is state-to-state.

The unicameral also just passed a tax bill that will increase the tax on gas out here a couple cents per gallon despite the governors veto. The senators claimed the extra money was needed for the "roads"...we already have the highest gas taxes in the "corn belt" and yet our roads or no better or worse than iowa's or south dakota's or kansas' so i dunno what the deal is but its definately annoying. I dont think it'll stop anyone from driving but its the principal of the matter.

Also, i really wish i had a newer suburban so i could run it on e-85. last time i checked e-85 was 2.50 a gallon! in a suburban (44 gallon tank) 10 cents a gallon is no big deal, but a dollar+ is a big deal.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    lol cry me a river, that's nothing
    Suck it up buttercup.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Thread Information