Thread: Autocross (day of Istra municipal area)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Autocross (day of Istra municipal area)

Autocross happened this weekend is an annual event in honor of Istra municipal area, which celebrates its 227-year birthday these days. The race takes place since 1998, when the track in Buzharovo was built, and attracts a number of participants. This time five categorues were present - kids on mini buggies, two classes of 'serious' buggies (in fact, the cars in both classes were the same), UAZ and ZIL categories.

The track itself was a sandy way made on a hill, curvy and narrow, with not so many places for overtaking, especially for huge trucks. Moreover, the weather was dry and sunny, so every running car left the huge cloud of dust behind, and the organizers had to water the track every hour to keep it in condition. Watering cars - two RWD Kamaz trucks and also RWD ZIL - from time to time couldn't complete the lap and slowly slided down the hill, where they tried again and maybe from the fourth-fifth attempt they succeeded. Unlike them, UAZ acting as a safety car, with a funny white flag on its front bumper, ran quickly checking the track before each race, thanks to AWD transmission and light weight.

My sister allowed me to take her new Samsung NV8 camera, and I was so happy with a 4gb space that completely forgot about battery, which came undone in the middle of the day, exactly when quarter- and semi-finals have started. And my Fuji's card was already full - I've fulfilled it while giving a rest to NV8.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by faksta; 06-09-2008 at 08:45 AM.

Thread Information