Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Corvette ZR1 - Performance Numbers

Corvette ZR1 - Performance Numbers

The official Corvette ZR1 numbers are in and they're good. Very good:
    • $103,300 MSRP (including $850 destination charge)
    • EPA-estimated fuel economy of 14 city and 20 highway
    • 0-60 mph in 3.4 seconds
    • 0-100 mph in 7.0 seconds
    • Quarter-mile elapsed time of 11.3 seconds at 131 mph
    The Corvette ZR1 also has a top speed of 205 mph (330 km/h), making it the fastest Corvette ever produced and ranking it among the global super cars of commensurate performance. None of those other super cars, however, equals the ZR1's performance-per-dollar ratio.

"The ZR1 is an incredible machine by any measure," said Ed Peper, North American Vice President, Chevrolet. "There's simply no other vehicle in the world that does a better job of balancing performance, price and fuel economy."

Performance perspective
    The Corvette ZR1's 0-60 performance is 0.3-second quicker than the already-quick Corvette Z06 and the 0-100-mph performance is nearly a full second quicker - 7 seconds vs. the Z06's 7.9 seconds. It is performance that is equal to or better than many super cars costing substantially more.

"A favorable power-to-weight ratio gives the ZR1 an advantage over the competition and performance that has to be experienced to fully appreciate," said Tom Wallace, Corvette chief engineer. "Of course, on a racetrack, drivers of competitors' cars may appreciate the ZR1 in a whole different manner."

And the racetrack isn't the only place where the ZR1 trumps its super-car competitors - it beats them at the gas pump, too. According to fueleconomy.gov, the ZR1's EPA-rated 14 city and 20 highway mileage ratings beat 2008 competitors such as the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano (11 city / 15 highway); the Lamborghini Murcielago (8 city / 13 highway) and the Aston Martin V8 Vantage (12 city / 19 highway). They're competitive with the Dodge Viper (13 city / 22 highway) and the Porsche 911 GT3 (15 city / 22 highway).

Under the carbon-fiber hood
    A new LS9 6.2L supercharged small-block engine powers the ZR1's performance capability. Heavy-duty and lightweight reciprocating components support high-rpm performance, while a new, sixth-generation supercharger (and complementing charge-cooling system) helps the LS9 make big power and torque across the rpm range. The engine is hand-assembled at GM's Performance Build Center, in Wixom, Mich.

In addition to the LS9 engine, the ZR1 is a technology powerhouse, designed with lightweight and unique components that reinforce its performance with a confidant feel on either a highway or road course.

Options
    The standard ZR1 comes with accoutrements based on the Z06, including lightweight seats and lightweight content. The available uplevel interior package includes power-adjustable, heated and leather-trimmed sport seats (embroidered with the ZR1 logo); side air bags; Bose
    premium audio system; navigation system; Bluetooth connectivity; power telescoping steering column; custom leather-wrapped interior available in four colors and more. Chrome wheels are the only other available option on the ZR1. Detailed pricing noted below.
    • $103,300 Base MSRP including destination
    • $1,700 Gas guzzler tax
    • $10,000 Option package
    • $2,000 Chrome wheels
    "As I walk through the valley of rice I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me and the enemy is fat."

I have quite a strange impression of déjà vu. Quite.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Wait a minute, all bs aside, the new gtr is faster than the fastest corvette...and cheaper...super lulz.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Wait a minute, all bs aside, the new gtr is faster than the fastest corvette...and cheaper...super lulz.
    Z06 did 11.3 quarter mile topped at 131 mph, GTR did 11.6 topped at 120.9 mph.

Its not surprising the all-wheel drive GT-R has a faster 0-60 time, it would be strange if it did not.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

I talk about Nissan's alot, but it really seems that this forum jumps to the GTR conversation alot....I mean it went from a Corvette to GTR in 2 post...hmmm

Why is the ZR1 so much heavier than the Z06? For $103,000 I'd rather get a Z06 with a bunch of mods.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    Z06 did 11.3 quarter mile topped at 131 mph, GTR did 11.6 topped at 120.9 mph.

Its not surprising the all-wheel drive GT-R has a faster 0-60 time, it would be strange if it did not.
    Man, it's 0.3 seconds...but 20,000 dollars...is 20,000 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    I have quite a strange impression of déjà vu. Quite.
    I have dejà dejà vu. Is that possible..?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I have dejà dejà vu. Is that possible..?
    If it's not we're two swimming in the impossibility.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    Why is the ZR1 so much heavier than the Z06? For $103,000 I'd rather get a Z06 with a bunch of mods.
    It's more luxurious. Or something.

A lot of that money that is spent on the premium between the ZO6 and ZR1 is found away from the 0.3 seconds to 60 mph. The power is nice, but the upgrades to the suspension, monster brakes, advanced materials, and immense power coupled with ZR1 exclusivity isn't a bad deal for 100k. I don't see anyone complaining about the 911 Turbo costing $130,000 or more.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    A lot of that money that is spent on the premium between the ZO6 and ZR1 is found away from the 0.3 seconds to 60 mph. The power is nice, but the upgrades to the suspension, monster brakes, advanced materials, and immense power coupled with ZR1 exclusivity isn't a bad deal for 100k. I don't see anyone complaining about the 911 Turbo costing $130,000 or more.
    The 911 Turbo also has soul. And it doesn't have pushrods/leafsprings/crappy interior quality.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    The 911 Turbo also has soul. And it doesn't have pushrods/leafsprings/crappy interior quality.
    What he said ^ in a slightly less in your fac- no.

What he said.

Also i wasn't comparing it to the Z06, it was the GTR

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    The Porsche is.... a Porsche.

The Chevy quotes may be underestimates.

I want to see ZR1 vs GT-R V-Spec.

Thread Information