Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Corvette ZR1 - Performance Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Man, it's 0.3 seconds...but 20,000 dollars...is 20,000 dollars.
    Don't the Z06's go for quite a bit more than the RRP price? Is it not then realistic that the $20k price difference could shrink quite rapidly?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    Cars don't have souls, you weirdos.
    You asked that of the minister who has the Church of the Ford Mustang in good'ole U S of A ??

Have we lost the sarcasm emoticon in my absence ?
    Citroen ...... reliable ?? WOW !!
    'Soul' imho is also about quirkiness and different ... not an automaton.
    Hence for me air-coooled 911s have one .... but as they have improved the handling and controlled the tail it has been slowly drifting into the ether to be lost forever
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 06-18-2008 at 12:19 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Not necessarily. Look at you beloved Citroens. They are brilliantly characterful (the proper ones) but not espeically troublesome, are they?
    people's perception say that they are. (and people's perceptions are eternally repeated by auto journos, who want to please the people)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Corvette ZR1 testing alongside the 2010 Acura NSX. Do those look like antennas attached to the corvette wheels?

http://picsorban.com/upload/nsx-3.jpg
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 06-18-2008 at 06:16 AM.
    "As I walk through the valley of rice I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me and the enemy is fat."

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    And couldn't the argument be made for any manufacturer?
    Yes.

Porsche are notorious for underquoting times.

Quote Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
    Corvette ZR1 testing alongside the 2010 Acura NSX. Do those look like antennas attached to the corvette wheels?

http://picsorban.com/upload/nsx-3.jpg
    Possibly, the picture cutoff makes it impossible to know for sure. It'd be some sort of testing equipment mounted to the wheels either way.
    I am the Stig

yeap. Sensors for tyre pressure and stress guages for wheel and suspension positioning and movement and possibly also tyre pressure adjustment in real time.
    Latter VERY Common on trucks in Brazil oddly enough

One example for chassis/suspension testing/setup ..... http://www.corrsys-datron.com/Suppor...ds-d_RV4_e.pdf
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 06-18-2008 at 01:07 PM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Don't the Z06's go for quite a bit more than the RRP price? Is it not then realistic that the $20k price difference could shrink quite rapidly?
    If the more commonly found ZO6 gets marked up, then obviously the ZR1 will too...

and I wasn't comparing it to the ZO6...
    Last edited by The_Canuck; 06-18-2008 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    Why is the ZR1 so much heavier than the Z06? For $103,000 I'd rather get a Z06 with a bunch of mods.
    Part of it was by design and part by necessity. The new motor is heavier thanks to the blower. The nose also gained weight due to additional oil capacity. I also suspect the shocks are heavier (though very cool). Because of the extra weight at the nose, GM decided it was better to keep the car's weight balance in order rather than just go for light as possible but overly nose heavy. To that end the light weight exhaust system of the Z06 was ditched in favor of a conventional steal unit (heavier). Most of that weight is over the rear axle thus improving the total weight balance.

I’m sure my list isn’t comprehensive, just a start.

THat true

Thread Information