Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Petrol ver f**king expensive!

i think it's a good way to stimulate mor efficient cars..
    but then i found out we sell most of our fuel overseas for 14c a litre.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Don't care any more. The Commodore goes gas in 4 weeks.
    Hate those $80 fill ups.

V

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    I wish I could get Ultimate that cheap, the 6 loves the stuff (it also loves blowing it out the pipe, but it sounds noice so I'll forgive it).

Oh, and WA has been using FuelWatch successfully for a while now.

No Canberra = fail.
    Goes good and does come out the exhaust.. It's got a weird smell.

They don't do Canberra?.
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i think it's a good way to stimulate mor efficient cars..
    arnt we just Nucken Futs!. We got more then Egg on our faces, We could at least sell it triple that if we are going to sell it.. No wonder we import oil because we are the dumb cunts that sell it off!.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanroon View Post
    Hate those $80 fill ups.

V
    Me too, But if i fill it takes ... $114. 68 litres VP.. $126. 75 litres VT.
    I'm probely lucky the VP still has great fuel econemy, It still runs 450km to a local tank.
    VT no idea. But i would expect atleast 15% better over the VP.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

KRudd was different to John Howard & thats why he won. I don't think Cheaper Petrol would have happened if he had remained in power so there is no point arguing about that.

What I will say is this - when you have conglomerates, Businesses, consortiums and hedge-funds betting on the price of oil (Buying when the price is slightly down, selling at inflated prices) there really is no hope to bring the price down. These people are in the business of making money and we're the ones who end up paying - often just so companies can keep there bottom line healthy.

What I want to see is A reduction to fuel taxes (no doubt soon to be eaten up by rising fuel costs). The political situation of many oil exporting countries is nothing to smile about, and the foreign policy of certain countries certainly doesn't help that, but when people say "oh, oils expensive because of the credit crunch..." I'm like what?

It's just frustrating that oil is being sold like....well, a currency. perhaps I should get into the oil business, there's money to be made

/end rant.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Our government made a great one this week, they made diesel for boats cheaper than for anything else, all that becouse of the fisherman protest... wich is great for busness, the thing is... if i have a yacht i pay the same for diesel as a fisherman, awsome! I'm of to buy one, Wallypower 118 anyone?
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

I like the idea of World No fuel day!.. If everyone in the world refused to buy petrol of any type for just 24 hours, They would shit!.

Oil company's want the best profit over and above what it's really worth.

Banks do the same do they really need to charge us $5-$10 p/m with such huge profits, They make money off us anyway.

Supermarket more Safeways/Woolworths are very greedy indeed.. Prices sore well over inflation and refuse to drop..
    Excuse made fuel is high manufacturing cost is high etc.. They also blame the farmers..
    Head over too NZ, Woolworths charges less for the same basket of crap.. And yet NZ is paying a much larger price for Fuel go figure that one?.

And now i drink bottled water which cost me Around $35 for 2 weeks.. When i was on diet coke only a few years back it cost the same price.
    It was only last year i was getting Diet coke 2lt for $1.79 on special.. Today $2.49 on special.
    When inflation and intrest rates fall, They will not drop food prices.
    We need to get tough on more everyday needs we are taken for granted because like air we need these things, And they know it.

Out of all this we still get internet cheap, And i can still buy 2 overnight and 2 weekly for $8 or overnight for $2.95. Some things never change..
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

No fuel purchase days don't worry the companies at all. They know the customers will be back the next day to cover the gap.

If it was a no fuel usage day then it would scare them, and go a long way to breaking our dependency on them.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra View Post

Fuelwatch is the be the biggest waste of public money since the election. Cant we just get a bunch of guys from down the local pub who KNOW whats ACTUALLY happening in the country to run it?
    I'm not up on my comparative politics, but I thought the way you select your MPs in Australia is once a year you all go out to the pub and the guy who can still stand up straight on his own power is chosen as the local MP? No?

I spent a couple minutes on youtube.com looking for clips from "The Simpsons" episode "Bart vs. Australia" but couldn't find any.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    I spent a couple minutes on youtube.com looking for clips from "The Simpsons" episode "Bart vs. Australia" but couldn't find any.
    That episode is a fine example of why The Simpsons is the best tv show of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    I'm not up on my comparative politics, but I thought the way you select your MPs in Australia is once a year you all go out to the pub and the guy who can still stand up straight on his own power is chosen as the local MP? No?
    Nope, it's the same as everywhere. Giant douche vs some turd.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I'm over the cost of fuel. I'm doing 500-600km driving a week, and at the end of the day its just a couple of bucks extra each time i go to the petrol station.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    I'm over the cost of fuel. I'm doing 500-600km driving a week, and at the end of the day its just a couple of bucks extra each time i go to the petrol station.
    But hasn't it affected a lot of other things too? Here in Stockholm groceries and other supermarket goods have become noticeably more expensive.

The other day I noticed a(nother) surcharge on my airline ticket.

I can't imagine how much the barrel will be at if Iran and Israel decide to go at it, or if the natives of the Nigerian delta keep up their demolition work, or if the media keeps reporting on it like its oilmageddon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanroon View Post
    Hate those $80 fill ups.

V
    Good move ... just filled up our LPG Falcon @ 66 cents p/litre

I can't remember the last time I paid under 70 cents p/litre for petrol - certainly not in this century! For those suckers whinging about high fuel prices, the answer would seem to be staring them in the face, via the LPG pump at most servos...

oh, and welcome to UCP Vanroon

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    Excellent point!

Aussies might like to view this ABC 'Stateline' video that was broadcast in Canberra recently. It touches on this very topic of import/export discrepancy (idiocy) you mention and features an alternative and locally sourced fuel that Australia has huge reserves of, which has the potential to bypass the Oil Majors, retails for 53 cents p/l and produces greenhouse gases that are 80% less than petrol!

Worth a decko imho....

Natural gas ignored despite rising petrol prices - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Try £1.20 per litre unleaded and £1.35 for deisel now THAT IS EXPENSIVE!!!!!!

Thread Information