Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Gear 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I reread post 49 and I don't see where I said that - I have seen all the modern Citroens as of about two years ago when I read Top Gear Magazine 2 and they had the supplement with the new car buying guide. The Citroen we are most concerned with, the C5 I am already familiar with however as I looked it up when I learned you had bought it, and I have seen the C4 around in print ads in European magazines.
    so you saw pictures only and furthermore you failed to understand that there is a new C5 model and that I happen to have the old one....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

What legitimate reasoning did I disagree with here?

I don't know if the problem with UCP is the bickering, if anything it makes crap around here actually interesting briefly.
    I said you had some fairly legitimate reasoning
    autozine.org

Well I for one can't believe they didn't do a lap in the CLK63AMG Black series. I feel like he may have hyped it a bit, but anyone else care to chime. Also one quick question for you guys, when they did the cool wall I saw the GT500 up there when did they put it up?

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    so you saw pictures only and furthermore you failed to understand that there is a new C5 model and that I happen to have the old one....
    What more I need to know about Citroens to make my judgement on coolness?

I have stated that the primary determination of coolness for me is looks.

I don't need to know engine options, fuel economy, model history, or technical specifications to make a judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    I said you had some fairly legitimate reasoning
    Ah it didn't come across that way.

Remember when you disagree with the crust of UCP society your opinions are invalid.

What more I need to know about Citroens to make my judgement on coolness?
    possibly that there is a new model C5 (not the one you "saw" two years ago) and that the discussion in Top Gear was about that new model???
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

possibly that there is a new model C5 (not the one you "saw" two years ago) and that the discussion in Top Gear was about that new model???
    I've seen that one as well many months ago and I still don't think it's cool.

I've seen that one as well many months ago and I still don't think it's cool.
    again in pictures only I presume.....but of course you are entitled to your opinion.

again in pictures only I presume.....but of course you are entitled to your opinion.
    Yes only in pictures just like many cars I have seen only in pictures and I still call them cool or not.

Anyways let's just forget about this it is petty and stupid.

Ladies.. ladies.. c'mon.

End this.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Lets talk Top Gear boys. What do you guys think of the CLK63AMG Black?

Speaking of the C5, a C4 broke down two houses down from my house last sunday. The driver had no idea what was wrong but nearly a gallon of antifreeze had come out. I took a quick look around and found a plug had broken at the bottom of the radiator. A few quick calls to the local shops got the part and one of his buddies who owned a C5 was going to get it. I asked if he knew where he was going and since he was from out of town I went along for the ride. After he picked up the plug and some antifreeze, he gave me the keys. V8 5.7L were at my disposal. Needless to say, I might have broken a few laws. Overall, I liked the car, not as fast as I thought it would be. However, 75 mph and in 6th gear the rpms showed 1.4k. A car with twice as many cylinders as mine gets better gas mileage, 29 mpg on the highway.
    Last edited by Sledgehammer; 06-30-2008 at 07:50 PM.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    Speaking of the C4, one broke down two houses down from my house last sunday. The driver had no idea what was wrong but nearly a gallon of antifreeze had come out. I took a quick look around and found a plug had broken at the bottom of the radiator. A few quick calls to the local shops got the part and one of his buddies who owned a C5 was going to get it. I asked if he knew where he was going and since he was from out of town I went along for the ride. After he picked up the plug and some antifreeze, he gave me the keys. V8 5.7L were at my disposal. Needless to say, I might have broken a few laws. Overall, I liked the car, not as fast as I thought it would be. However, 75 mph and in 6th gear the rpms showed 1.4k. A car with twice as many cylinders as mine gets better gas mileage, 29 mpg on the highway.
    Sledge, we were talking about the Citroen C4, not Corvette C4.

Figures I would jump in and come to the completly wrong conclusion. I still havent seen either episodes from season 11
    anyone know a good place to watch them while avoiding youtube?
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

sldege tvtorrents.com is your buddy for Top Gear
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information