Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Corvette ZR1 Nurburgring video

2:45->2:55
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    2:45->2:55
    I didn't see anything there, but at about 3:05-3:15 I see some buildings.

Nice video, i also spoted this one "http://youtube.com/watch?v=OZ-CNFpPCnk&watch_response"

The ZR-1 looks more relaxed than the GTR but not quite as fun, it's amazing on how close both cars are on lap times, the ZR-1 a pure sports car with no nanying and the GTR that makes very good use of all electronic help, if it wasn't for other factors such as tyres, driver, weather, etc we could almost measure how much horsepower a computer can save.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I didn't see anything there, but at about 3:05-3:15 I see some buildings.
    that's it, the left hand one.
    I was using the actual lap timer and not the YouTube video time
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    that's it, the left hand one.
    I was using the actual lap timer and not the YouTube video time
    As you alluded to, you need to represent with the Saltire.

First off, does anyone have the money to own either one of these cars??? I know I dont, and if I did I wouldn't care if the GT-R got beat by 4 minutes by the ZR1, I would still buy the GT-R....we all have a preference to things and if you like something then your not really gonna care what anyone says you'll still get it....and another thing, I know that Nurburgring is a great place to test cars and is an awesome track with everything you would ever need to test a car...but, dont you think lap times at a smaller course would be a little more accurate with comparing the two cars??? I mean you could run alot of laps around a small track and after awhile you are gonna get an average good time...but there are so many obstacles at Nurburgring that you have one great lap, then the next you could make it through 3/4 of the track and screw up your whole lap time wit a corner taking wrong or missing a gear or something....I think that Nurburgring is a great place to race and test, but I think that if your comparing two cars on performance(based on lap times) then you should do it where you can get consistance results
    Oo____oO GT-R

Why do you prefer the GT-R CamNismo?

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Quote Originally Posted by CamNismo View Post
    First off, does anyone have the money to own either one of these cars??? I know I dont, and if I did I wouldn't care if the GT-R got beat by 4 minutes by the ZR1, I would still buy the GT-R....we all have a preference to things and if you like something then your not really gonna care what anyone says you'll still get it....and another thing, I know that Nurburgring is a great place to test cars and is an awesome track with everything you would ever need to test a car...but, dont you think lap times at a smaller course would be a little more accurate with comparing the two cars??? I mean you could run alot of laps around a small track and after awhile you are gonna get an average good time...but there are so many obstacles at Nurburgring that you have one great lap, then the next you could make it through 3/4 of the track and screw up your whole lap time wit a corner taking wrong or missing a gear or something....I think that Nurburgring is a great place to race and test, but I think that if your comparing two cars on performance(based on lap times) then you should do it where you can get consistance results
    1) Liking whatever car you want is fine. There's plenty of cars people like that are not about performance figures. Heck, look at my icon.

However, claiming that but then COMPLAINING about it, is full of lols. Besides, most people here like pointing out the ZR1 because all the Nissan fanbois that were claiming the GTR was the bestest performance ever, and that it could outrun Chuck Norris, and all that. When you boast hard, you get your comeupuns hard.

2) On a shorter track the ZR-1 probably would beat it by more, as the GT-R was professionally driven, and the ZR-1 not

3) I like the GTR! I really do.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

I sort of hate to keep this going, but Garage 419 did a video combining the two runs. They put their own timer at the begining and the results are... interesting.

YouTube - ZR1 vs GTR at the 'Ring - Garage419

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalcraft
    When you boast hard, you get your comeupuns hard.
    I honestly don't get why you keep saying this, where is the comeuppance? From a 600bhp+ track focused, super expensive Corvette? The GTR explicitly targetted the 911 Turbo, which it tried to be faster, cheaper and more practical than as most tests I've read have confirmed.
    2) On a shorter track the ZR-1 probably would beat it by more, as the GT-R was professionally driven, and the ZR-1 not
    Not so sure, on EVO's test track the GTR romped the ZO6 by 3 seconds despite it's 112mph limiter still being active. I'd bet that on a shorter track like Tsukuba or a hillclimb perhaps, the GTR would have the ZR1.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Anybody who thinks there have been alot of GTR fanboys here, obviously got owned by the ZO6 fans who were being sarcastic about the GTR.

GTR can outrun Chuck Norris? Christ, DigitalCraft did you really think that was a Nissan fanboy?

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    1) Liking whatever car you want is fine. There's plenty of cars people like that are not about performance figures. Heck, look at my icon.

However, claiming that but then COMPLAINING about it, is full of lols. Besides, most people here like pointing out the ZR1 because all the Nissan fanbois that were claiming the GTR was the bestest performance ever, and that it could outrun Chuck Norris, and all that. When you boast hard, you get your comeupuns hard.

3) I like the GTR! I really do.

Did I ever Boast on here that the GT-R is the best car in the world? NO i didnt...Sure Nissan is going to say its faster, cheaper, and better than other cars so they can sell a product...thats what you have to do to sell the car...I think the car would sell just a good to the people who know and love the GT-R without saying that its fast or anything cause they know that when nissan puts GT-R on it, that it will perform....I like the GTR now, and I like the GTR's b4 it, but once again thats my opinion and Im sure you too like the GT-R....now about fanboys(which I see this forum likes to use this word a lot) what are you refering too???.....cause I know some ppl that think that there is only one GTR which is the R34 from the F&F movies, but I really dont call these ppl "fanboys" I would just like to think of them as not knowing much about the History & performance of the car...is this what u are refering too as "Fanboys"???please inform me.....

ohhh and I dont think I was complaing or saying that the ZR1 is Faster because I do remember saying that I would take a GTR even if it lost by 4 minutes.....like I said, if I want a car, then I will get it, no matter what ppl think or say...These test are good and they have compared cars for years, but if you are loyal to a car(or brand) then you will get it no matter what!
    Oo____oO GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by P4g4nite View Post
    I honestly don't get why you keep saying this, where is the comeuppance? From a 600bhp+ track focused, super expensive Corvette? The GTR explicitly targetted the 911 Turbo, which it tried to be faster, cheaper and more practical than as most tests I've read have confirmed.
    To say the GTR didn't aim at the ZO6/Corvette/ZR1 is pretty silly.

Not so sure, on EVO's test track the GTR romped the ZO6 by 3 seconds despite it's 112mph limiter still being active. I'd bet that on a shorter track like Tsukuba or a hillclimb perhaps, the GTR would have the ZR1.
    Not trying to incite debate here, but I'm wondering if the early great times set were due to Nissan using a ringer.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

at the end of the day, the ZR-1 is more of a sportscar than the GTR, and i prefer sportscars so thats my choice. they're too close track time wise to differentiate them realistically, but so different everywhere else.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Not trying to incite debate here, but I'm wondering if the early great times set were due to Nissan using a ringer.
    I am beginning to doubt it as well - mind you, I hear the ZR1 may have cheated too.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    at the end of the day, the ZR-1 is more of a sportscar than the GTR, and i prefer sportscars so thats my choice. they're too close track time wise to differentiate them realistically, but so different everywhere else.
    Yeah, that is why I prefer the ZR1 as well.

Thread Information