Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Corvette ZR1 driven hard

Corvette ZR1 driven hard

"As I walk through the valley of rice I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me and the enemy is fat."

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Wow, I'm sorry but for all the crap american cars are given, that thing corners like its on rails.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

hmmm, lots of turn-in oversteer and off throttle till well after apex and then power out.
    Not so much "on rails" ... BUT very little body roll, woudl liek to see if being pushed through the corners though to see how much power-induced roll occurs.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

the Milford track looks like a ton of fun.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Wow, that was almost as fast as a Nissan GTR!

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    Wow, that was almost as fast as a Nissan GTR!
    But its allot more production stock than the Nissan GTR. One magazine has reported that the record setting GTR has 698hp while Nissan continues to advertise it as a 480hp machine hahahaahahah to the fools buying the car thinking that itll be faster than the Enzo. Truth be told, in a straight line it will probably loose out to the base Corvette C6.
    "As I walk through the valley of rice I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me and the enemy is fat."

Quote Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
    But its allot more production stock than the Nissan GTR. One magazine has reported that the record setting GTR has 698hp while Nissan continues to advertise it as a 480hp machine hahahaahahah to the fools buying the car thinking that itll be faster than the Enzo. Truth be told, in a straight line it will probably loose out to the base Corvette C6.
    Well, there goes my sarcasm...

On a serious note, it won't lose to a Base C6, but there's no doubt in my mind that a C6 Z06 can destroy the GTR on a straight line. It's called physics... More hp, more torque, less weight = win.

fanboism > sarcasm

re straight line, I've seen figures of 0.27 for the GT-R and 0.31 for the Z06.
    That's 10% ... so MUCH more power needed to push the Z06 at top speeds.
    Weight is not a major issue when testing top speed as nobody says how long it should take to get there
    Aero resistance is MAJOR factor and will be interesting to see real world numbers confirm/denying all this FBS ( Fanboi Bull Shit )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    It's called physics... More hp, more torque, less weight = win.
    AWD = More power to the ground. More gears = shorter gearing. Quicker shifts = less pauses in acceleration. Overall = maybe not win.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    AWD = More power to the ground. More gears = shorter gearing. Quicker shifts = less pauses in acceleration. Overall = maybe not win.
    Paddles & AWD could never make up for the power difference. A GT-R needs about 115 extra hp to match the Z06's power-to-weight ratio, leaving aside torque figures and displacement.

A great launch could determine a short race, maybe even a 1/4 mile race, but anything longer than that would be simply impossible.

YouTube - New GTR R35 VS Corvette C6 Z06 Race in Oman.

Even with the launch control the GTR still lost easily to the ZO6.

This video makes you wonder how the Nurburgring 7:29 spec GTR was even able to keep up with the 638hp Corvette ZR1 when the production spec GTR cant even get close to the Corvette ZO6 for both standing and rolling starts.

Prove it. There are no outside shots of the ZR1 either. We have no idea other than something GM said regarding the car's tuning. For all we know, this could have a smaller pulley, less weight, and what not.

Just like the GT-R. Yet you blow that off.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

This video makes you wonder how the Nurburgring 7:29 spec GTR was even able to keep up with the 638hp Corvette ZR1 when the production spec GTR cant even get close to the Corvette ZO6 for both standing and rolling starts.
    fast driving is not only about increasing speed, but also about maintaining and decreasing speed. An optimal combination of those will give you the best lap times...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

But its allot more production stock than the Nissan GTR.
    now you're just talking out your ass.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Not to be the nitpicker here.......but couldn't this have been posted in the other FIVE ZR-1 threads that are on the first page???

I mean, I know that there aren't alot of impressive performers coming out of the North American market these days, but flooding this section with multiple threads concerning the same car is getting pretty annoying. And mind you...I LIKE American performance cars.

Thread Information