Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scion's newest problem

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    If Toyota wants a hit, recreate the AE86
    they'd never pull it off imo. toyota doesn't know what 'fun' is anymore. and the end result would be wieghed down with legislation happy safety gear. i just don't think it's possible to make a RWD sub 1000kg hatchback anymore at an affordable price
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Who knows what the hell Scion was thinking when they came out with a BOX car and some other unshapely little thing to represent their Brand...I mean to appeal to the youth is one thing, but no one wants to roll up to a car show, race, to school, or even out of the driveway in a car that looks like that...I mean dont get me wrong the Tc is a fine looking car, but I dislike the FWD platform...not sure what everyone likes now a days, but I think the youth still appeals to RWD & AWD vehicles...soo Sorry Scion, go back to the design board, and fire everyone except for the designer of the Tc, cause he is the only one who knows what happening...
    Oo____oO GT-R

The xB was the runaway sales leader, why the redesign I dunno
    make room for the corporate 2.4L engine
    The tC is a nice drive as any really, not bad all scions are so super functional and 'nice' to drive
    the xD and xA are just dumb where is the hot hatch like a yaris without looking so top heavy and dumb?
    oh that's right the old Vitz was turned into the Yaris
    dumb
    Scion is at the whim of old people running the division for younger target who ironically wil have the car bought for them by the old people...

they could fix it...make a deal with Suzuki and bring the Cappucino or a new Daihatsu Copen (and Toyota owns Daihatsu now so how hard is it?)

Quote Originally Posted by Fiorano View Post
    they could fix it...make a deal with Suzuki and bring the Cappucino or a new Daihatsu Copen (and Toyota owns Daihatsu now so how hard is it?)
    do they even make the capuccino anymore? even if they did, it'd be crippled by crash regs, trying to fit your average american in one as opposed to average japanese, etc etc.
    use the suzuki swift imo..good looking hatch.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

The xA looks like it could be a good rally car...

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    they'd never pull it off imo. toyota doesn't know what 'fun' is anymore. and the end result would be wieghed down with legislation happy safety gear. i just don't think it's possible to make a RWD sub 1000kg hatchback anymore at an affordable price
    Well they are going to try anyway. They've made a deal with Subaru to make a small affordable rear wheel drive coupe.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

well, good on them for trying at least; it could very well be a hoot.

Yeah, like Ferrer said, Subaru might make them a little RWD coupe. Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    I never understood that either. I hope no one is getting me wrong I absolutely love my Scion but you're right Toyota did something wrong here. They decided that young people didn't want a car associated with old people so they started Scion instead of either a) taking the cars young people liked (Matrix, Celica, tC) and starting those as Scions and maybe changing the brand or b) change the way they marketed those as Toyotas to make more effort for them to appeal to young people. Then they wouldn't have the failed Scion experiment.
    Yeah, seriously. Toyota has no sports cars whatsoever! The MR2 Spyder is dead. So's the Celica and Supra! WTF were they thinking???

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well they are going to try anyway. They've made a deal with Subaru to make a small affordable rear wheel drive coupe.
    That's what I heard too.

Young people want affordable sporty cars that get decent fuel mileage and can haul all their friends and their stuff. I am not saying something with a big V6 or anything because thats makes them less affordable insurance wise to the target market, but maybe a turbo option or something or just a lightweight coupe/hatch with good handling and a decent engine would suffice. I don't know if RWD pushes up insurance prices but it is hard to make a RWD car affordable.

If people drove properly or didn't feel the need to buy some type of 4X4 or crossover, we wouldn't have all these regulations. Especially considering that we're driving around in tanks these days.
    "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free."

yea, Smartcar vs Hummer would not go over to well on the highways...talk about a TANK...

Now regarding Bringing back the AE86, that would be awesome, but I doubt that would ever happen...Ohh and speaking of the Hachiroku-Happy AE86 Day...saw it on another forum, since its 8-6-08, I guess all the 86 guys celebrate
    Oo____oO GT-R

Thread Information