Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I am Not Breaking this one sorry!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by acfsambo View Post
    there has to be a better way than killing your own kind.
    Good post imo

And its not just the dead or defeated who lose in war..

New Statesman - Iraq: the hidden cost of the war
    America won't simply be paying with its dead. The Pentagon is trying to silence economists who predict that several decades of care for the wounded will amount to an unbelievable $2.5 trillion.

Despite its brevity, even the 1991 Gulf war exacted a heavy toll: 48.4 per cent of veterans sought medical care, and 44 per cent filed disability claims. Eighty-eight per cent of these claims were granted, meaning that 611,729 veterans from the first Gulf war are now receiving disability benefits; a large proportion are suffering from psychiatric illnesses, including post-traumatic stress disorder and depression.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Speaking of doing a bit more research, Topeka is in Kansas. Not in Arkansas. Otherwise you are correct.
    Sorry . I was reading about it the other day and I wasn't quite sure whether I read kansas or Arkansas. Either way. it's been corrected . Thx.
    Previously know as "Rotary.freak"

THough i dont support the Iraq war i wish no harm on our troops, and though i have never served in the military, feel just as sickened by those "kill the troops" signs as you do. I do not feel that many other americans besides those sick f*cks, believe in them either. The American soldier is cuaght up in something that he is very involved in yet has little control over, and is therefore, excuse the expression, a casulalty of war. the attacks on the war are not directed at the men on the ground but the men in the pentagon and white house who pull the strings.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Is it wrong to support soldiers but be against the war? I mean, there's a difference between hating America and blind patriotism.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

No offence to Q/M but can you please correct the punctuation/grammer of your first post?) (makes it much easier to read)

I'm not sure if the post was meant to inspire or create an idea of regret/idealism in its readers. Its a nice email, but I personally dont agree with the black/white contrast it seems it has to portrait.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Type17 View Post
    Anti War protest isn't against the troops. It's against the people running the war. I'm against War but not against the troops. the only thing i feel bad about is that the kids fighting the wars are out killing and getting killed for the interests of the money hungry madmen in power. You're wrong if you think Iraq was "liberated" in any way. Ask any iraqi.

The only war I agree with is the one in Afghanistan where the good far outweighed the bad. The Taleban absolutely needed to be run down and while the country is not in good shape now, at least the people aren't being stepped on by their government and education is relatively freely available. However, Saddam at least kept his citizens safe and insurgents powerless. The reason the Kurds were massacred is because of an assassination attempt on him while he was on a diplomatic visit. While i don't condone his resolve, I also don't condemn it.

The chemical weapons used in the war against Iran were supplied to him by the United States.

Kuwait is also historically a province of Iraq but in recent years it has gained it's independence. The Gulf War just solidified that.

The people in picture 5 are the Westboro Baptists Church. The whole church is one single family of roughly 80 members which operate out of their home in Topeka, Arkansas. They have no real knowledge of the war and sustain that the reason soldiers are dieing over there is because of the relaxed stance the western world takes towards homosexuality. They believe that is God's way of punishing the countries that have a more liberal view towards sexuality. It's wrong to label anti-war activists as uneducated bible thumpers.

Do a bit more research, though I can tell your intentions aren't bad .
    The U.S. never never gave Iraq chemical weapons. The U.S. did provide chemical components to Iraq and other countries for medical research purposes.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500 View Post
    The U.S. never never gave Iraq chemical weapons. The U.S. did provide chemical components to Iraq and other countries for medical research purposes.
    History being re-written again Fleet ?
    Shame on you
    "medical research" rofl
    Elson E. Boles: Iraq and Chemical Weapons, the US Connection
    New York Times article in August, 2002, Col. Walter P. Lang, a senior defense intelligence officer at the time, explained that D.I.A. and C.I.A. officials "were desperate to make sure that Iraq did not lose" to Iran. "The use of gas on the battlefield by the Iraqis was not a matter of deep strategic concern," he said. One veteran said, that the Pentagon "wasn't so horrified by Iraq's use of gas." "It was just another way of killing people _ whether with a bullet or phosgene, it didn't make any difference."
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    History being re-written again Fleet ?
    Shame on you
    "medical research" rofl
    Elson E. Boles: Iraq and Chemical Weapons, the US Connection
    New York Times article in August, 2002, Col. Walter P. Lang, a senior defense intelligence officer at the time, explained that D.I.A. and C.I.A. officials "were desperate to make sure that Iraq did not lose" to Iran. "The use of gas on the battlefield by the Iraqis was not a matter of deep strategic concern," he said. One veteran said, that the Pentagon "wasn't so horrified by Iraq's use of gas." "It was just another way of killing people _ whether with a bullet or phosgene, it didn't make any difference."
    I was referring to non-gas type, chemical weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500 View Post
    I was referring to non-gas type, chemical weapons.
    From same article ...
    Congressional Records of Senator Riegle's investigation of the Gulf War Syndrome show that that the US government approved sales of large varieties of chemical and biological materials to Iraq. These included anthrax, components of mustard gas, botulinum toxins (which causes paralysis of the muscles involving swallowing and is often fatal), histoplasma capsulatum (which may cause pneumonia, enlargement of the liver and spleen, anemia, acute inflammatory skin disease marked by tender red nodules), and a host of other nasty chemicals materials.

What precisely is a non-gas type ?
    Do you say that the US did supply gas-type chemical weapon components then ??
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Allow me to explain further... many people mistake the chemicals sent to Iraq for medical purposes for chemicals used to make weapons.
    Non-gas chemicals would be ones such as Ricin.
    I don't know if gas-type weapons were supplied.

According to Saddam's own U.N. declaration, the majority of chemicals used to kill the Kurds came from European countries, not from the U.S. More on this later...

DEfinately, Germany and Italy supplied LOTs paid for by US money
    But, this isnt about jingoism or "my country's better than yours" ... just the truth !

The "chemicals" sent for "Medical purposes" were the preciss chemicals and moulds necessary to make the chemical weapon. I dind't think anyone still tried to avoid the truth about the "support" during the Iran-Iraq war

Wait, do you or do you not believe Saddam's responses to the UN ?
    You can't pick and chose. So accept the ones that make you look good and reject the ones that make you look "bad" Make your mind up !!!

I don't know the exact history of things and how it came to be, at 17 the best I can argue is what I've learned through my own research and the help of a very politically active history teacher at the high school i just graduated from. I'm not an America hater, though i wouldn't like to live there precisely because of the huge quantity of BS like the stuff in the e-mail Q-man posted. It's been more than half a century since Americans have had a real threat to their freedom from the outside. Instead of preoccupying themselves with breeding hate for middle eastern countries and cultures, they should take a look at how many of their freedoms and human rights that they fought so dearly for have been stomped on in the last 10 years by their own government.
    Last edited by Type17; 08-17-2008 at 10:28 AM.
    Previously know as "Rotary.freak"

oh type17! this is nothing you should check out threads/posts from 2004 about about my father Bush. This was suppose to be a positive thread for our troops regardless what country they were from.
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    DEfinately, Germany and Italy supplied LOTs paid for by US money
    But, this isnt about jingoism or "my country's better than yours" ... just the truth !

The "chemicals" sent for "Medical purposes" were the preciss chemicals and moulds necessary to make the chemical weapon. I dind't think anyone still tried to avoid the truth about the "support" during the Iran-Iraq war

Wait, do you or do you not believe Saddam's responses to the UN ?
    You can't pick and chose. So accept the ones that make you look good and reject the ones that make you look "bad" Make your mind up !!!
    Here is more information about it...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information