Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your last meal

Veal Parmigiana with garlic mashed potato's.

Served with A glass of Dry Ginger Ale.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Forget an asteroid ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostradamus quatrain 9 44:
    Leave, leave Geneva every last one of you,
    Saturn will be converted from gold to iron,
    "Raypoz" will exterminate all who oppose him,
    Before the coming the sky will show signs
    ... RAYPOZ == "Positive ray" ? Positron.

I'm starting my last meal Saturday lunchtime.
    They turn on the Large Hadron COllider later that day .....
    They reckon it will take between 3 and 7 minutes for a black hole to consume the earth, so no point waiting

eating either nic's suggestion with Fugu or haggis, just as dangerous
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

A shrimp cocktail to start; double-bacon wrapped filet mignon, medium; a 1lb lobster tail with butter; baked potato with butter, cheddar cheese and bacon bits; corn on the cob; a couple of triple Captain and Cokes; and for dessert, one of those shakes from Baskin Robbins.

Hey, if I'm dying anyway, why not?
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Forget an asteroid ....

... RAYPOZ == "Positive ray" ? Positron.

I'm starting my last meal Saturday lunchtime.
    They turn on the Large Hadron COllider later that day .....
    They reckon it will take between 3 and 7 minutes for a black hole to consume the earth, so no point waiting

eating either nic's suggestion with Fugu or haggis, just as dangerous
    Who reckons that?

I thought the LHC opened on the tenth.

Also full energy experiments won't start for months.

Also the current theory regarding black holes is that their lifespan is proportional to their size, and if there were any black holes (and I've heard that we'd need an accelerator much larger than the size of a solar system for even micro black hole in the Standard Model) the current theory is that black holes lifespans are proportional to their size (or mass I forget) and that they would evaporate exceptionally quickly due to Hawking radiation (yes, that Hawking). That being said, if there are some extra dimensions / string theory is true, then maybe some micro black holes will form - but it is believed that they would be harmless.

So no, black holes are not a big issue with the LHC. However, the creation of a lower energy vacuum bubble may be possible, and that would destroy earth, the solar system, the galaxy, and more.

CERN boldly states:

There have been speculations that the Universe is not in its most stable configuration, and that perturbations caused by the LHC could tip it into a more stable state, called a vacuum bubble, in which we could not exist. If the LHC could do this, then so could cosmic-ray collisions. Since such vacuum bubbles have not been produced anywhere in the visible Universe, they will not be made by the LHC.
    However, some scientists have said that it or some other bad things could happen, like the formation of strangelets that morph normal matter into strangelets a la ICE-9 in that story and destroy earth etc etc.

Anyways, according to CERN everything is peachy and nothing bad can happen.

Why wouldn't we believe them? It's not like CERN doesn't want potential dangers to be known after spending 10 billion dollars on the LHC. Heh.

ROFL .... yeah the egg-heads at CERN will come out and say "we're tunring this thing on and it will destroy the earth if we turn out to be wrong and/or idiots"

Anyway, my comment IS clearly in a humour thread !!!

What I love about all the "proof" of how safe it is ( some prof reported it in the order of 1 in 50million odds )is that ALL of it is based on the model we have built of the universe over the last 20 years. THe efforts of the physicists and mathemeticians indicate the existence of another particle and the LHC was built to find it. WHat gets me is all the theory is based on the EXISTENCE of this ... so if it turns out it doesn't exist then ANYTHING is possible coz the math is based on incorrect assumptions

Don't die a virgin
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    A shrimp cocktail to start; double-bacon wrapped filet mignon, medium; a 1lb lobster tail with butter; baked potato with butter, cheddar cheese and bacon bits; corn on the cob; a couple of triple Captain and Cokes; and for dessert, one of those shakes from Baskin Robbins.

That sounds alrite! .. + fresh serve of bearded clam for afters

I'll start with the rarest sashimi money can buy. Then with that done, I'll move on to some caviar, a small salad, and more appetizers, followed by a round of martinis and tequila shots. Next will be a thick Kobe strip steak, rare, barbequed to perfection. Then to make the meal better, I'll have some more steak.

But the meal with end with an orgy of cheesecakes served on a crystal platter and martinis and tequila shots(hey, it's the end of the world.)

Repeat tequila shots until imminent end is forgotten.

Did I mention that I would be fed by all the female members of this website (all 2 of them) and there would be entertainment throughout the meal consisting of naked lesbians making out?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post

lol that sounds like it'd be your last meal regardless of when you eat it haha
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Did I mention that I would be fed by all the female members of this website (all 2 of them)
    no you wouldn't
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    ROFL .... yeah the egg-heads at CERN will come out and say "we're tunring this thing on and it will destroy the earth if we turn out to be wrong and/or idiots"

Anyway, my comment IS clearly in a humour thread !!!

What I love about all the "proof" of how safe it is ( some prof reported it in the order of 1 in 50million odds )is that ALL of it is based on the model we have built of the universe over the last 20 years. THe efforts of the physicists and mathemeticians indicate the existence of another particle and the LHC was built to find it. WHat gets me is all the theory is based on the EXISTENCE of this ... so if it turns out it doesn't exist then ANYTHING is possible coz the math is based on incorrect assumptions

Don't die a virgin
    I know Matra it was in jest - I saw the smileys.

Yes, there is an irony in basing your math on physics you know are incorrect - we already know the Standard Model is wrong so what exactly do we know what will happen? Anyways, things I think will probably be OK.

As for your last statement - wise words.

Last meal:

Definitely pizza.
    Then some steak and maybe chicken.

After that, chocolate and ice cream or a vanilla malt.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

A two pound lobster, with plenty of clarified butter on a bed of roasted vegetables. It should also come with a side of rosemary and dijon crusted rack of lamb, all served with a couple of bottles of Merlot. To finish the dinner, a nice dry New York cheesecake smothered in caramel.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

If I knew it was the end, Im not sure I would eat much, just something real quick, and then I would go do something really fun....like skydive over cali, touch down and steal some guys ferrari
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

A fry-up

followed by a generous portion of strawberries and ice-cream
    May the downforce be with you

and a deep fried mars bar yes orshow?

sweet and sour chicken, egg fried rice, salt and pepper chicken wings and chips

all from my local chinese takeaway. nothing hits the spot like that

Thread Information