Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mazda Falcon?

Yes point taken. But still, you cant expect much cuz IIRC Ford of Oz and Holden aren't particularly big, even if their parents are. Ford is giving them models from other countries. GM doesnt have that many great cars here so what could they give to you all. GM = Clusterf*ck
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

exactly why holden should bring back the torana...
    edit: how big is the opel signum or insignia or whatever it is they just released?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I doubt GM(Holden) has the cash monies to do that.
    I think about modeo sized.
    THere isnt any small rwd platform for GM to make the torana on, unless they steal the bmw 3series platfom( thats the only small rwd sedan i can think of)
    Last edited by f6fhellcat13; 09-28-2008 at 10:10 PM.

that's the thing they already made a torana (alpha platform? or something) they just didn't put it into production
    iirc because that was when GM was screwing them over with the zeta platform so they had to fund that by themselves
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

On wiki it says that the alpha platform got the green light again recently.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    it always seemed to me that ford and holden are sorta like if BMW was only selling 5 series...only now ford has the mondeo
    Its been more than the Falcon for awhile, infact theyve always had other models other than the Falcon derivatives.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    yeah but their sedan range was sort of falcon and that's it, until the mondeo came. but they're better off than holden with the fiesta and focus i thought:
    Theres not much room for something else though. Focus sedan is larger than most people give it credit, and theres not much market for a smaller sedan. Mondeo being almost Falcon sized leaves a gap between Focus sedan and Mondeo for a more traditional sized medium car, but thats about it. Thats vehicles in the 4 major passenger vehicle segments here.

Holden too has vehicles in most segments with Barina, Viva, Astra, Epica and Commodore.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    Well Ford will be building Focus locally from 2011, and theyre looking at other C1 derivatives which includes Mazda3. Theyre only targeting 40K units per year, but if they could get 3 as well thats an easy 30K extra.

A Mazda Falcon doesnt have to be a badge engineered exercise like what we had 15 years ago. If you look at the 3 and Focus, every panel is different, including the doors.
    Much like that Monaro knock off they made in Germany?.
    You know what i mean they do amazing things today with cars.. Like you said with the focus and 3.
    In that way it's fine, But i'd hate to see on or the other take away from each other, Which is why I'm against the Caddy coming here as a so called high premium version, When you can get the cheaper as good version in the VE.
    Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Doent Ford have some of the other Yurapean models too. An doesn;t holden have some daewoos reabdged as chevys rebadged as holdens?
    Now your just confusing us all.
    Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I doubt GM(Holden) has the cash monies to do that.
    I think about modeo sized.
    THere isnt any small rwd platform for GM to make the torana on, unless they steal the bmw 3series platfom( thats the only small rwd sedan i can think of)
    They have it, They just don't have the balls to build it..
    http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/Hol...pt_manu_01.jpg

If we change car sizes, I can see this being the future of large RWD cars in OZ, It's between large and mid.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    edit: how big is the opel signum or insignia or whatever it is they just released?
    I don't remember the exact numbers but the Insignia is Mondeo-sized.

Perhaps a tad smaller.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    Much like that Monaro knock off they made in Germany?.
    You know what i mean they do amazing things today with cars.. Like you said with the focus and 3.
    In that way it's fine, But i'd hate to see on or the other take away from each other, Which is why I'm against the Caddy coming here as a so called high premium version, When you can get the cheaper as good version in the VE.
    The Bitter CD2 is still technically a badge engineering job.

As an example, the old Laser and 323 were badge engineered. Different badges, bumpers, lights etc. All the rest much the same.

The current Focus and 3 have different "top hats" or upper body structures on common architecture. In the case of these 2, theyre different down to the door frames which are the most technical part of the bodywork. IIRC though the Volvo S40 shares door frames with the Focus, or at least appears to.
    I am the Stig

Considering the shift away from large cars I doubt Mazda would consider selling a "9" version of the Falcon - instead they just slightly enlarged the 6 for the US market & if you want something bigger, but an SUV.

I hope against hope the Mustang platform comes to Australia somehow underpinning the 2013(?) Falcon.

I hope further that Ford Australia gets to fiddle with it before it goes anywhere else.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

The current Focus and 3 have different "top hats" or upper body structures on common architecture. In the case of these 2, theyre different down to the door frames which are the most technical part of the bodywork. IIRC though the Volvo S40 shares door frames with the Focus, or at least appears to.
    Maybe because Ford fully owns Volvo but only part of Mazda?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

The Mazda 3 was IIRC the first Hatch out on the current architecture?

Checking Wikipedia indicates the Focus C-MAX was the first on C-1 architecture, but the Mazda 3 pre-dates the S40 & Focus Mk II.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Maybe because Ford fully owns Volvo but only part of Mazda?
    It could be I suppose if Mazda desired more styling independance from Ford. All 3 brands collaborated in its design, rather than other Ford platforms which were generally adapted from architecture under an existing vehicle.
    I am the Stig

The Bitter CD2 is still technically a badge engineering job.

As an example, the old Laser and 323 were badge engineered. Different badges, bumpers, lights etc. All the rest much the same.

300c Mercedes Benz.

With Falcon nd Mustang sharing architecture, Does that mean the Stang will hit modern with IRS?.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    Stang...with IRS?.
    GASP!

Thread Information