Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Stig's Helmet

The Stig's Helmet

Seen here...

Simpson Racing - The Diamondback Helmet from Team Simpson

Sorry I know its random, but I just bought the one below and I thought it would be cool to show off any auto helmets you guys might have.

Simpson Racing - The Super Bandit Helmet from Team Simpson
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Luke....you have the Force.

Dear Santa....

nice... i have been looking at simpson, but i think i may end up getting a bell.

what did you get yours for? other than to protect your head. what type of racing?
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    nice... i have been looking at simpson, but i think i may end up getting a bell.

what did you get yours for? other than to protect your head. what type of racing?
    drag racing for me. My truck broke into the 13's 3 weeks ago and NHRA requires helmets for anything faster than 13.99

yep, 13.7 in a 4500 lb truck

I had a huge crowd come to see my "stock looking" truck after that run

Going to race again this Friday...hoping to break 13.5 or faster...weight reductions...taking out seats, besides mine, subs, box, etc

I should add, I got the helmet last week...the thing is seriously TOP NOTCH. The fit and finish is well above any motorcycle helmets Ive seen...very comfy too
    Last edited by werty; 12-03-2008 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by werty View Post
    drag racing for me. My truck broke into the 13's 3 weeks ago and NHRA requires helmets for anything faster than 13.99

yep, 13.7 in a 4500 lb truck

I had a huge crowd come to see my "stock looking" truck after that run

Going to race again this Friday...hoping to break 13.5 or faster...weight reductions...taking out seats, besides mine, subs, box, etc

I should add, I got the helmet last week...the thing is seriously TOP NOTCH. The fit and finish is well above any motorcycle helmets Ive seen...very comfy too
    Wow. What'd you do to the truck?? The manager at the drag strip I work at has a 4x4 tacoma and it'll run 15.97's all day long.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv View Post
    Wow. What'd you do to the truck?? The manager at the drag strip I work at has a 4x4 tacoma and it'll run 15.97's all day long.
    mine is a double cab(4 door), 4x4, auto...the heaviest version

but yea, I've got everything...s/c, smaller s/c pulley, full race exhaust(long tubes, off road Y, 3" catback), larger injectors, cold air intake, an awesome tune on piggy back ecu, etc etc

its hauls ..just been waiting for colder weather

the ultimate sleeper

If you only need a helmet once youre in the 13's, i dread to see how fast before you need a cage....
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    If you only need a helmet once youre in the 13's, i dread to see how fast before you need a cage....

IIRC in australia if you run a sub 10 sec (9.999) your required to have a chute.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

My noggin is protected by this:

There's no motorcycle approved Simpson's unavailable in Australia Perfect streetfighter helmets.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

never really liked simpson products... probably because they only people I know who use them do so on strips or circle tracks... something I frown upon . That helmet looks like it would pierce your sternum if you got in a front collision with it. Correctly designed helmets that have material below the chin do so for aero in open wheeled cars, and the lip is designed to absorb energy if and when it impacts your sternum.

I've used this helmet for the past two years autocrossing saloons (rx8 and impreza)

Just ordered this helmet.. the bell gtx for my formula ford.. which I also just ordered
    Example of the lip hot and ready to separate your sternum!!

edit: Thats pretty dumb that your track doesn't require a helmet regardless of time... they are either morons or have a very expensive insurance policy. Good thing you ordered one.. drag racing: maximum ammount of ill advised danger at high speeds for a 15 second adrenaline rush.. even autox beats that
    Last edited by BlueSubaruSTi; 12-04-2008 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSubaruSTi View Post
    edit: Thats pretty dumb that your track doesn't require a helmet regardless of time... they are either morons or have a very expensive insurance policy. Good thing you ordered one.. drag racing: maximum ammount of ill advised danger at high speeds for a 15 second adrenaline rush.. even autox beats that
    thats the way most drag strips operate. if you run a 15, then you are probably only going 80-85 mph, not a whole lot of danger.

agree about the autox though.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSubaruSTi View Post

its pretty dumb you can't read

I've got one of these, absolutely love it. BELL RS3 SPORT (in red)

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    Roll bar: 11.49 for a full bodied car and 13.99 for a convertible
    Certified cage: 9.99 (and a NHRA 9.99 license)
    150mph for a chute

I would recommend wearing a helmet all the time, you never know who/what you are going to race against. You could race a 20 second VW or a 7 second rail. I wouldn't really want to get hit by a rail going 180 and not have a helmet on.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Thread Information