"Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
    "Life is short, drive fast!" - Lamborghini
    "How's that for a slice of fried gold?"
    "I'll take the case!" - Harvey Birdman

288 gto
    f40
    f1 88
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    I disagree. Ferrari's 5.5/5.75 litre V12 (550, 575M, 456GT, 612) is EPIC to drive. Plus P4/5, 612 K and 575 GTZ are about as interesting as roadcars get.
    that is true, i forgot about the 550/575 (the 456 isn't that recent). 612 is ugly, as is the P4/5 but definately more interesting than the enzo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Heart View Post
    How about the F50, Enzo, and the FXX
    this isn't the top five ugliest ferrari's
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    288 gto
    f40
    f1 88
    the 166 is a V12
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Heart View Post
    How about the F50, Enzo, and the FXX
    The F50 drives beautifully, but unless you're one of the lucky people to buy one of the five silver ones, you're stuck with a rather unsuccessful design experiment. The looks on the Enzo (when not in red) are starting to grow on me; the engine is powerful but not charismatic. I think the FXX is a really ugly car.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    that is true, i forgot about the 550/575 (the 456 isn't that recent). 612 is ugly, as is the P4/5 but definately more interesting than the enzo

While I certainly do not think history will be kind to the styling on the 612 Scaglietti, I wouldn't go as far as to say "ugly." For 2008 they revised the suspension on the car which allowed Ferrari to give it bigger wheels and lower the car, all of which actually helps a lot. I really think the one-off 612 K is gorgeous, the hood scoop and sidevents add a lot of much needed aggressiveness, and if you disagree with me that the 612K I might have to challenge you to a duel.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

The F50 drives beautifully, but unless you're one of the lucky people to buy one of the five silver ones, you're stuck with a rather unsuccessful design experiment. The looks on the Enzo (when not in red) are starting to grow on me; the engine is powerful but not charismatic. I think the FXX is a really ugly car.
    remember he is the one who owns the only existent Zonda TT

While I certainly do not think history will be kind to the styling on the 612 Scaglietti, I wouldn't go as far as to say "ugly." For 2008 they revised the suspension on the car which allowed Ferrari to give it bigger wheels and lower the car, all of which actually helps a lot. I really think the one-off 612 K is gorgeous, the hood scoop and sidevents add a lot of much needed aggressiveness, and if you disagree with me that the 612K I might have to challenge you to a duel.
    I agree about the 612K, but I found the Scaglietti already a good looking car (obviously not in red or other light colors). At first I didn't like the front end, its smiling face, and the grille itself. By the time I saw many of them around Modena, and I find it basically perfect especially considering the kind of people that should buy it.

I like the F50 too, and IMO the red is a suitable color for its curvaceous shape. perhaps it's not the best color.

for as regards the ugliest Ferrari of the recent history, I would say the F430, quite classless, too aggressive, something like a 911 Turbo mk1. the Scudera is not good looking, but at least is more honest about its look and attitude mixture.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    for as regards the ugliest Ferrari of the recent history, I would say the F430, quite classless, too aggressive, something like a 911 Turbo mk1. the Scudera is not good looking, but at least is more honest about its look and attitude mixture.
    The Superamerica is worse.

And by 911 Turbo Mk1, do you mean the 930?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

i honestly think the 612 is ugly - gloopy lines tiny headlights etc etc. that stupid, gormless grinning front grille. such a mess
    imo the kappa is an improvement that brings it out of downright ugly but hardly beautiful (more like..acceptable?). if this means pistols (katana's?) at dawn...so be it.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The Superamerica is worse.

And by 911 Turbo Mk1, do you mean the 930?
    The Superamerica has a too squared tail, true, but it's not that bad when you are staring at it.
    The F430 it's not bad, but it's tacky, it's too provocative, the perfect ride to show off in front of some night.

and yeah, I was referring to the old 930/935 Turbo.
    considering only the look, it's quite disturbing.

The Superamerica has a too squared tail, true, but it's not that bad when you are staring at it.
    The roof is awful in terms of looks too.
    The F430 it's not bad, but it's tacky, it's too provocative, the perfect ride to show off in front of some night.
    That's what all Ferraris do. Except perhaps the 612.
    and yeah, I was referring to the old 930/935 Turbo.
    considering only the look, it's quite disturbing.
    I like the 930, and it's discreet. The 935 is another kettle of fish altogether, but it was a racer.
    Visca Catalunya!

The roof is awful in terms of looks too.

That's what all Ferraris do. Except perhaps the 612.

I like the 930, and it's discreet. The 935 is another kettle of fish altogether, but it was a racer.
    I think the 599 is classy, the grille still hurts to the whole design, but I find it very elegant, especially in Blue Tour de France.
    the roof of the Superamerica it's just stylish, nothing very good looking
    I still didn't get if the California's look works or not. I need to stay alone with it in a room for some good 30 minutes, at the very minimum

I like the 930 too, but not the Turbo.

I think the 599 is classy, the grille still hurts to the whole design, but I find it very elegant, especially in Blue Tour de France.
    I think it's still to flashy. And it's a 2 seater Ferrari. No way you are being stealthy in it. In the Scaglietti in a dark colour and with no Ferrari emblems on the wings, you may be able to pull it off. If I were to have a modern Ferrari I'd personally prefer the 612.
    the roof of the Superamerica it's just stylish, nothing very good looking
    I still didn't get if the California's look works or not. I need to stay alone with it in a room for some good 30 minutes, at the very minimum
    The California is the ultimate posermobile. For that alones deserves to die.
    The 930 is the Turbo.
    Visca Catalunya!

the 930 IS the turbo, the race versions wre 934 and 935 ,for Group 4 and Group 5 racing respectively...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    I don't expect much great aesthetics from ferraris either... They are just there to go fast... Not win beauty contest... In ferraris, all i'm concerned of is performance... I admit that the F50, FXX, and the Enzo are not great looking cars, but I think you'll change your mind when they hit the track...
    Everything ends at 666...
    666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666

The 930 is the Turbo.
    Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    the 930 IS the turbo, the race versions wre 934 and 935 ,for Group 4 and Group 5 racing respectively...
    I had the feeling I was messing up something

shame on me, now.

Thread Information