Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help LeonOfTheDead pick a University

just to clear something up... you dont have to get a masters prior tp getting a doctorate. it is very common to do so, but not required.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

My fault about the master/doctorate mess.

I agree with your considerations, and thanks for the additional info.

For as regards internships, you can understand that here the chances don't lack. there are internships with all the car makers of the area, and their suppliers.

for as regards hookups, it's basically the same thing here. there are interesting opportunities and Italian's companies are quite prone to look for graduate students from the area, especially with such a specific course.

I will collect some information about Kettering and Drexel though.

I really appreciate your efforts to this thread.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    just to clear something up... you dont have to get a masters prior tp getting a doctorate. it is very common to do so, but not required.
    yeah I know that, but thanks for pointing that out

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    For as regards internships, you can understand that here the chances don't lack. there are internships with all the car makers of the area, and their suppliers.
    i never said it was lacking there so yes i "can" understand that.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    well you don't technically "need" a bachelors either to get a masters either, and you don't technically "need" high school to get into college, do you want every god damn loophole listed? are you a lawyer?

why does everyone feel the need to bring up every small exception.
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    well you don't technically "need" a bachelors either to get a masters either, and you don't technically "need" high school to get into college, do you want every god damn loophole listed? are you a lawyer?

umm... you do need a BA to get a MA, you do need a BA to get a PHD, you need some sort of secondary education to get your BA. the only one you can really skip is MA. (or AA, but most 4 yr institutions dont even offer that.)

not meaning to play semantics, just making sure you realize that.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    i never said it was lacking there so yes i "can" understand that.well you don't technically "need" a bachelors either to get a masters either, and you don't technically "need" high school to get into college, do you want every god damn loophole listed? are you a lawyer?

I wasn't saying that you say here things here suck, just saying that there are possibilities for good internships here.

and here you need high school to get into college, and the bachelor ti get a master.
    I don't know if it's a national rule of it's up to each University.

Ohio State
    Center for Automotive Research

fyi the guy who runs the lab here is Italian and Ive met him he's an incredibly smart man

MIT
    Sloan Automotive Laboratory

Maybe even Michigan but I don't know as much about their programs

Quote Originally Posted by MRR View Post
    Ohio State
    Center for Automotive Research

fyi the guy who runs the lab here is Italian and Ive met him he's an incredibly smart man

MIT
    Sloan Automotive Laboratory

Maybe even Michigan but I don't know as much about their programs
    thanks for the tip.

I'm wondering, is it really a good thing to study automotive connected subjects in the US, considering how it is the average US car?

not saying they are crappy, just a little "oversized", both in dimensions and engines.

thanks for the tip.

I'm wondering, is it really a good thing to study automotive connected subjects in the US, considering how it is the average US car?

not saying they are crappy, just a little "oversized", both in dimensions and engines.
    I don't know about other schools, but we rarely look at US vehicles here. We tend to go for those that are interesting in an engineering way, which pretty much gets rid of a crown vic.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    I don't know about other schools, but we rarely look at US vehicles here. We tend to go for those that are interesting in an engineering way, which pretty much gets rid of a crown vic.
    thanks for clearing that up

thanks for the tip.

Ohio State built the world's fastest electric and fuel cell vehicle plus they have decent Formula SAE, Baja SAE, and the Competitition X (now called something else) vehicle. They sent someone to work for BMW F1 in Switzerland so they are not connected entirely to the US auto industry.

As for MIT their sponsors include several European auto manufacturers so I imagine not all their work is with the US auto industry either (remember they are educating people from all around the world NOT just for the US market).

Quote Originally Posted by MRR View Post
    Ohio State built the world's fastest electric and fuel cell vehicle plus they have decent Formula SAE, Baja SAE, and the Competitition X (now called something else) vehicle. They sent someone to work for BMW F1 in Switzerland so they are not connected entirely to the US auto industry.

As for MIT their sponsors include several European auto manufacturers so I imagine not all their work is with the US auto industry either (remember they are educating people from all around the world NOT just for the US market).
    interesting. these were the kind of info I was looking for.

right now I'm squeezed in the middle of the exam's session, so I'm not very focused on this thread, but I really appreciate all the info and advices I received up to now.
    thanks everyone.

Thread Information