Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: interesting read

Court backs limited foreign press entry to Gaza | Israel | Jerusalem Post

and how about this ?

A delegation of leaders of American Jewish organizations will be visiting Israel this week to show "support and solidarity with the people and government of Israel as they confront Hamas terrorism and the continuous rain of rockets on civilian populations," its statement said.
    This is why the USA has lost respect in the world communities guys.
    On one hand won't let the UN admonish Hamas and Israel and on the other sends delegates to "support".
    YES, to you and I we can see the difference between government and organsiation, but those who feel down-trodden or ignored won't
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 01-04-2009 at 10:45 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Court backs limited foreign press entry to Gaza | Israel | Jerusalem Post

and how about this ?

This is why the USA has lost respect in the world communities guys.
    On one hand won't let the UN admonish Hamas and Israel and on the other sends delegates to "support".
    YES, to you and I we can see the difference between government and organsiation, but those who feel down-trodden or ignored won't
    As we all know, Jewish people have a lot of money and influence in the United States of America, of course America will unfairly give too much support to Israel. Also, let's not forget that many of white cacausian church going Christians in America support Israel as well and want Israel to be defended at all costs. America will always be nice to Israel and won't care that much if they kill Palestinians.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

seems like that is a "proposal" which is quite different from a "ruling".

I dont know why it is so surprising that the US is supporting israel. as someone mentioned earlier, the jews have a lot of power in this country. Additionally, in general, popular opinion in america heavily favors israel just like how popular opinion in syria and egypt heavily favors the palestinians.

no matter how you spin it, neither side is completely wrong and neither side is completely right so there shouldn't be this huge outcry, its not like israel is evil or something, just like palestine is not evil some people will go one way, others will go the other.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    seems like that is a "proposal" which is quite different from a "ruling".

I dont know why it is so surprising that the US is supporting israel. as someone mentioned earlier, the jews have a lot of power in this country. Additionally, in general, popular opinion in america heavily favors israel just like how popular opinion in syria and egypt heavily favors the palestinians.

no matter how you spin it, neither side is completely wrong and neither side is completely right so there shouldn't be this huge outcry, its not like israel is evil or something, just like palestine is not evil some people will go one way, others will go the other.
    Well, egyptian popular opinion may be supporting the palestinians, but that's not stopping the egyptian millitary from confronting the palestinians at the border. Remember, egyptians have already been shot by palestinians during this conflict, and probably vice versa but it wasn't reported.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Well, egyptian popular opinion may be supporting the palestinians, but that's not stopping the egyptian millitary from confronting the palestinians at the border. Remember, egyptians have already been shot by palestinians during this conflict, and probably vice versa but it wasn't reported.
    indeed, whatever popular opinion is, the reality is that no country wants to support thousands of refugees no matter how much they support their policies.

lets not forget about the jew quotas in the US that prevented a lot of jews from leaving europe. (although popular opinion at the time was definitely anti jew at the time)
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

At least 30 people were killed and 55 injured when Israeli artillery shells landed outside a United Nations-run school in Gaza, UN officials have said.

Palestinian medical sources say up to 600 people have been killed since the attacks began, and Mr Kraehenbuhl said much more needed to be done to protect civilians.

About 350 people had sought refuge at the school in effort to escape the fighting between Israeli soldiers and militants on the outskirts of the refugee camp, to the east of Gaza City.

Television footage showed bodies scattered on the ground amid pools of blood.

"Nowhere is safe for civilians here in Gaza at the moment. They are fleeing their homes and they are right to do it when you look at the casualty numbers."

"It's very, very dangerous, and even the 14,000 who have sought refuge in our schools and shelters, they are not safe either."

Mr Ging said international leaders had a responsibility to act to protect civilians.

"You cannot conduct huge military operations in such densely-populated places without killing hundreds and injuring thousands of civilians," he added.
    BBC News

Killing children =/= cool.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    Protester Calls for Jews to 'Go Back to the Oven' at Anti-Israel Demonstration
    Ah, the religion of peace.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    Ah, the religion of peace.
    Using both the word religion and peace in the same sentence should, as you've correctly done only be used in a sarcastic sense.

However, regardless of views, I think every one of us would be pretty pissed off to say the least were we in the shoes of the Palestinians.
    - Are YOU listed? -

Israeli themselves refused the possibility saying it was an isolated group, and that the it's something ONU (or something similar, can't remember) should control since the rockets were launched from an area under the control of peace forces.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Israeli themselves refused the possibility saying it was an isolated group, and that the it's something ONU (or something similar, can't remember) should control since the rockets were launched from an area under the control of peace forces.
    Pssshh the UN wont protect israel (or palestine for that matter) the UN is just a pretty face there and will absolutely not get its hands dirty for the good of anyone.

rooster, I do have to say ... given the way Israel ( and the US allies ) have IGNORED countless UN resolutions then I think it a little rich for anyoen to bleat about lack of protection for Israel. THere's only so much hypocrisy we can handle

The UN many times has and tries harder to support all in the area. BUT anything that's against Israeli interests seems to encounter a block from a certain nation
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Do you seriously go to Fox for news?
    - Are YOU listed? -

rooster, I do have to say ... given the way Israel ( and the US allies ) have IGNORED countless UN resolutions then I think it a little rich for anyoen to bleat about lack of protection for Israel. (
    notice how i said the UN wont protect israel (or palestine for that matter). which means i was saying that the UN isn't protecting either of them i was bleating about the UN failing in its job to protect both countries.

You essentially make my point for me and probably clearer than I did. the UN has all these resolutions that countries just IGNORE. The fact that all a country has to do is ignore a UN resolution and nothing happens to them and they can go on and do whatever it wants speaks volumes about the UN's relevancy.

it kind of reminds me of a line andrew jackson once said. it basically went like this "the supreme court has made a decision...now lets watch them try to enforce it"...jackson then went on to continue with his forced removal of Indians. the UN is essentially like the supreme court in this situation, it tells people to do something but refuses to enforce its decisions.

Thread Information