Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Watchmen

I'm gonna see it this Saturday, but all the opinions I've read from those who have seen it seems to point to Snyder actually keeping the movie tightly moored to its literary source material. Probably pleased the obsessive fans of the old comic, but tends to lose alot of ppl in film form. Plus alot of ppl got a certain impression of what the film was gonna be about from the stylized trailers, and end up disappointed that it was more of a drama/commentary than an X-men style action adventure. Still can't wait to see it though.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

^ one person described the movie to me as a 'best of' or 'greatest hits' style movie based off the comic. i'll be reading it soon
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    Im going to go ahead and disagree with alot of you who like it. First of all, the soundtrack was very suprising and enjoyable, Rorshach was great, the special effects were outstanding and thats about where it ended for my enjoyment factor. For one, I didnt expect to go see a snuff film. All the plot lines and story would remain intact while not showing all the blood and gore. It was a mix between SAW and Superman. Second, the movie went on to long for me. Much of what was included could have easily been taken out and included in a directors cut. It was not a straight-forward movie. It was somewhat thought provoking but I didnt want to spend the time thinking about posible story lines while I was watching the special effects. Dont get me wrong, I love a good head burner but only when its made to be a headburner. To sum it up for me, it was trying to be to many things at once and ended up losing me on the journey.
    C+
    Many of the novel fans think it's to short. Another rumour is a 4 hour Blu-Ray edition.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Saw this movie on Saturday, and I enjoyed it but found it dragged on for a while longer than it could have or should have it definetly is not a straight forward plot but some of the plot background etc was stretched and bored me TBH. The Sound track had some very good songs but I felt they were badly fitted and quite inappropriate for the movie. Rorshach was by far the best played part and most interesting character in the movie, loved his narration as well. While Mr. Manhattan was the worst, some quite spectacular CGI was introduced by this character but he failed to influence the story very well, his role was somewhat a waste and he almost ruined the plot.

Beyond all this, I think its a movie I would watch more than once without being completely bored.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

I agree with Sledgehammer on this. It was too long and def not worth the money I spent.

I saw this on Saturday night and I was really impressed. It is pretty much a scene for scene copy of the comic, but that's a good thing!
    The music is fantastic, some real favourites of mine from the 80s in there. Plus unlike Mustang fan above I thought it fitted really well, the Dylan and Simon & Garfunkel especially.
    I also think it is the right length, the only thing that bugged me was the cinema seats.

I would recommend it to anybody, but especially if you have read the book, so don't have to concentrate to hard on the story and can just sit back and enjoy the cinematography
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

I enjoyed it. It's got some of the best cinematography I've seen, the soundtrack was great, and the darker story line and not-particularly-happy ending was a refreshing change. I was aware that it was long, but it didn't drag. I couldn't really think of anything they could cut out without leaving important things out. With source material that's not really ingrained into popular culture there needs to be scenes giving some story and character background, or you risk having the movie not make sense for people who haven't read the comics and alienating the audience.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Some had said Rorschach story really wasn't fully told. We follow him through the movie. But his background really isn't uncovered. We know why he what he is, But before that ?. The others had a story about their past - More so then his. Well then Ozzie was in the movie all of 18min, So not much story there also.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Whenever I read the comic I had "One Minute to Midnight" by Justice playing in my head for some reason.

I find it a really interesting story but I just couldn't really get into the film.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Got a chance to see it tonight. I really enjoyed it. The change to the ending went off better than I expected. I think the comic's ending would have come off as really silly if it had been used in the film. Of course, Rorschach was the character I enjoyed the most....very well played by Healey (I think that's his name). Long movie, but I didn't feel the time...it held my interest.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Thread Information