Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First Z

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    06 and 07 got the VQ35DE revup engine. i know on the G its 298 hp.. thought it was the same on the Z. either way, its a good amount of hp, enough to get you in trouble.
    '07+ = 306hp, 268torque
    '06 = 300hp, 260torque
    '03-'05 = 287hp, 274torque

Don't ask me why... Specially that weird hp increase only for the '06 model.

Also, '06+ comes with better-looking wheels, '07+ has the same wheels and a small bump on the hood.

Here are the '05 wheels

Here are the '06+ wheels

Here's the bump on the 07's hood.

ok, did some wiki research. the G got the rev-up in 06 for the 6MT cars. the Z took until 07.

so revision of my previous post. get an 07.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    ok, did some wiki research. the G got the rev-up in 06 for the 6MT cars. the Z took until 07.

so revision of my previous post. get an 07.
    That's the plan But an 06 or lower will be considered if I can get a great deal out of it.

Almost bought this car 2 days ago... But they wouldn't take my offer. The #s that I provided made a lot of sense financially for them... but they wanted an extra $50 a month than what I was willing to give, my wife insists that I'm being stubborn and that I should still get it since we can afford it, but the way I see it, it is a buyers' market, so I won't settle for a poor deal.

'07 6-speed with 14k miles in beautiful Daytona Blue.

I'll be seeing this one tomorrow, '07 6-speed with 19k miles in Gray and it is considerably cheaper. Even without negotiating I should be able to get the monthly payments that I was looking for. The only thing that I have to do is remove that ugly tint stripe from the windshield. Hopefully it'll work out.

Props Niko, you take the dealer to school and get a good deal man. The Blue was a nice colour though I gotta say - but obviously not a reason to buy the car alone.

That tint strip is ugly as you said so remove it.

Good luck man!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Props Niko, you take the dealer to school and get a good deal man. The Blue was a nice colour though I gotta say - but obviously not a reason to buy the car alone.

That tint strip is ugly as you said so remove it.

Good luck man!
    Thanks man! Daytona Blue is my favorite, but these guys don't want to sell it apparently. It's been sitting on their lot since mid-November, but oh well....

I'll keep you guys updated

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    Almost bought this car 2 days ago... But they wouldn't take my offer. The #s that I provided made a lot of sense financially for them... but they wanted an extra $50 a month than what I was willing to give, my wife insists that I'm being stubborn and that I should still get it since we can afford it, but the way I see it, it is a buyers' market, so I won't settle for a poor deal.

'07 6-speed with 14k miles in beautiful Daytona Blue.

I'll be seeing this one tomorrow, '07 6-speed with 19k miles in Gray and it is considerably cheaper. Even without negotiating I should be able to get the monthly payments that I was looking for. The only thing that I have to do is remove that ugly tint stripe from the windshield. Hopefully it'll work out.

nice work; as you say the dealers don't really have the upper hand like they used to
    i like the blue colour better personally, but seeing as that's far from the be all and end all.. good luck with the grey one
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thanks man! Daytona Blue is my favorite, but these guys don't want to sell it apparently. It's been sitting on their lot since mid-November, but oh well....

I'll keep you guys updated
    Definitely don't let 'em rip you off. That blue is much nicer a color though.
    I assume you've already scoured the local dealerships looking for another blue one?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Definitely don't let 'em rip you off. That blue is much nicer a color though.
    I assume you've already scoured the local dealerships looking for another blue one?
    It's extremely rare for some reason, that's actually the first '07+ in blue that I find withing a 200 mile radious. There's an '05 in Miami with decent mileage and a good price, but every single wheel is damaged / scratched, who knows what kind of idiot drove that car for 26k miles and left in that condition I wonder how much he f***ed the engine, transmission, and other things.

It's extremely rare for some reason, that's actually the first '07+ in blue that I find withing a 200 mile radious. There's an '05 in Miami with decent mileage and a good price, but every single wheel is damaged / scratched, who knows what kind of idiot drove that car for 26k miles and left in that condition I wonder how much he f***ed the engine, transmission, and other things.
    Weird. It's a pretty color. I've seen more of them in that horrible orange color than any other. Guess Z drivers don't have much class.
    Any plans for mods, or is that gonna wait 'til you're out of school?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Weird. It's a pretty color. I've seen more of them in that horrible orange color than any other.
    i've never seen them in white now that i think about it.
    the blue does seem a little rarer.
    there is a mint black one around - will try and get the details of his exhaust, because it sounds great.
    Guess Z drivers don't have much class.
    i actually agree with this - in the sense that the Z drivers/owners who buy them new don't have class.
    it's left to us that wait and pick them up second hand to show them how it's done
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

do it do it do it. either one. the blue is nice, but the platinum whatever its called is still a stunning color. regardless of color, it is still a fantastic driving car. do they have the 19s on them, or the 18s? ask the dealer they have had any trouble with oil consumption. the 07 should have been good, but its something to ask about.

although the width is something you will have to get used to. it feels like its 10 feet wider than the mini was, and when coupled with the poor visibility i have marred the wheels a bit. my driveway is also only about 3 inches wider than my car, so that hasn't helped. though, with the wide roads of florida, you should be fine. i was until i moved away.

Not the place to ask, but what'd be more desirable performance-wise on a Z, 18's or 19s? The blinged out low profile tires are worse for performance yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Not the place to ask, but what'd be more desirable performance-wise on a Z, 18's or 19s? The blinged out low profile tires are worse for performance yes?
    doesnt really matter. i have the 19s on my car. the 19s have a lot more clearance for brakes, but the 18s are probably a bit better riding. and the 18s are big enough for most big brake kits. i think the 19s would probably give you a bit better traction off the line, since it increases your final drive ratio and 1st is geared too low. i often start in second because its a bit smoother and doesnt try to jump off the line the way it does in 1st.

Weird. It's a pretty color. I've seen more of them in that horrible orange color than any other. Guess Z drivers don't have much class.
    Any plans for mods, or is that gonna wait 'til you're out of school?
    Here in Florida I would say that 90% of the Z's don't have ricy modifications and look fairly decent, there's only about 1-2 orange ones in the 40+- available with manual transmission in my area. What bothers the hell out of me is that disgusting front grill that some people put on it, looks hideous.

The wheels are 18" Brendon. Those are the biggest stock wheels for the Z. The '05 and older models came with 17"s.

The 370Z though comes with 18" on the base model and 19" on the sport / touring sport package. They look absolutely amazing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information