Thread: Daihatsu UFE2... copy?

Daihatsu UFE2... copy?

hmm...... ok, imo the Daihatsu UFE2 looks like a remolded honda insight... anyone agree? As far as my info goes, Toyota bought Daihatsu (or at least a huge chunk of it, i forgot) and what i'm guessing is in order to compete against honda's 2 door hybrid Toyota made a new one similar to the insight, and used the small-car Daihatsu badge on it...

As a result, Toyota can make its prius larger, and can go towards the larger-size hybrids while the UFE2 can handle the mini-hybrid part of the market....?
    There's a automatic rice filter in being a gud mountain racer.... and that is "Skill"......

I don't really think they copied it.... there's a reason why it looks like the insight, as opposed to a Ford Explorer. It's supposed to be a small car, and have amazing aerodynamics. And it does. That's a very good style of design for acheiving these results, and certainly not one that they ripped off of Honda.

no sorry.... i didnt mean toyota COPIED honda, i mean the looks only...... and yes as u said, small, aerodynamic.... i was just saying this is kinda a way to move the prius up a size w/o losing the small-size hybrid from their lineup.
    There's a automatic rice filter in being a gud mountain racer.... and that is "Skill"......

Does this share a similar (if not the same) hybrid system as in the prius

Never thought of it this way, but when Mike mentioned it, I think this type of marketing stuff make sense.

Thread Information