Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari vs. Porsche

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I used to use it to go to school, and they were about 40 km a day.
    I also used to have plenty of fun with it, blocking the rear wheel and so on. One day I was driving "safely", still I one hour later I was in a bed at the local hospital, trying to understand what was happened.
    A cracked vertebra, and another one sub-located. The composite helmet was cracked as well, while the scooter got only some minor damages.
    Now I'm fine, but my neck always hurts for the stupidest reasons.
    I knew another guy who never walked again because when he fell he went against a sidewalk, doing no more than 50 km/h.
    After that accident, I rarely used the scooter, and now it's covered by dust in our garage since a couple of years.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche View Post
    We all know you love the old ones, but in 20 years, the current ones will be considered old too. So, maybe you'll give them a chance then? Each and every Ferrari is special, no matter the age or model. I can guarantee you that even the Ferrari that you consider ugliest (whichever it may be), still makes plenty of people all around the world smile.

We all have the right to the reasons behind our preference. That's the beauty of choice.
    i have witnessed a motorbike accident before and it wasn't pretty. im not sure though, if the guy died or not so.

yeah, old Ferrari's are awesome but the ones of the present will be old and i probably will be attracted to the Ferrari of the persent day.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Ferrer, the 400 had an optional automatic and you jump to it's defense because it had a V12? There have been much much better Ferraris than the 400 with less cylinders than 12.

Leon, why do you love the 400 etc? It is ugly as sin first off.

I thought as an addendum to this thread people could say what cars they like least from each car maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Ferrer, the 400 had an optional automatic and you jump to it's defense because it had a V12? There have been much much better Ferraris than the 400 with less cylinders than 12.

I thought as an addendum to this thread people could say what cars they like least from each car maker.
    ... and you cannot choose the Cayenne.

400 Auto
    I really really hate the 996's headlights
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post

Certainly, but a Ferrari should have a V12. And anyway, the 456 was available with an auto and that doesn't prevent it from being great.

Cars that we despise from the manufacturers? Anything that doesn't have a boxer engine from Porsche, anything that doesn't have 12 cylinder from Ferrari.

There you have some controversy...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I actually think those 2+2 seaters from Ferrari were gorgeous.
    The squared body, flat panels, it's so raw I can't help but like it. I don't even care how fast, comfortable or powerful they are, I just like to look at them.

What I never like from Porsche (without considering the Cayenne): 914, base version 996, both gens.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Certainly, but a Ferrari should have a V12. And anyway, the 456 was available with an auto and that doesn't prevent it from being great.

Cars that we despise from the manufacturers? Anything that doesn't have a boxer engine from Porsche, anything that doesn't have 12 cylinder from Ferrari.

There you have some controversy...
    I'm actually happy that Ferrari makes a V8, not only because V8s are my favorite engines, but because Ferrari's sound so good I get weak in the knees.

I was never a fan of V12 engines to begin with though, because I think its unnecessary to have an engine that big. The V8 is the perfect size, has great capability, and is easier to service.

I'm actually happy that Ferrari makes a V8, not only because V8s are my favorite engines, but because Ferrari's sound so good I get weak in the knees.

I was never a fan of V12 engines to begin with though, because I think its unnecessary to have an engine that big. The V8 is the perfect size, has great capability, and is easier to service.
    I'm no expert, but AFAIK the V12 is a more balanced ans smooth layout and it can make more power. It also sounds better. And it is Ferrari's engine.

The V8s are fine for the Dinos.
    Visca Catalunya!

I'm no expert, but AFAIK the V12 is a more balanced ans smooth layout and it can make more power. It also sounds better. And it is Ferrari's engine.

The V8s are fine for the Dinos.
    I thought Dinos were V6.

If the V12 is such a popular Ferrari engine, why aren't they putting them in their supercars? Only the GT cars ever get them. I think the Testarossa was the last supercar to have a V12.

I thought Dinos were V6.

If the V12 is such a popular Ferrari engine, why aren't they putting them in their supercars? Only the GT cars ever get them. I think the Testarossa was the last supercar to have a V12.
    The F430 is the latest Dino.

And I thought the F50 and Enzo were quite supercarish...
    Visca Catalunya!

The F430 is the latest Dino.

And I thought the F50 and Enzo were quite supercarish...
    I think I'm having classification problems here . The Dino was the only car of its kind, they didn't continue it. Nobody refers to the 348,355,360,430 as Dino cars or even followers. That's the first time I've heard that.

I only call them supercars because they are mid-engined cars built solely for driving fast everywhere, as opposed to their GT line up which can be driven in some degree of comfort over long stretches.

Quote Originally Posted by Manel Baró View Post
    Actually the Ferrari magic has gone from current models and they are far from a perfect machine: Every mile cost a lot of bucks in routine maintenance.
    This is precisely the reason I drive a 997 S. I like to go fast every day, and I'm ashamed to say I can't afford to go fast every day in a Ferrari.

Would you rather have a car you can drive like Porsche or a car that sits in the shop all the time?

Ferrari and Porsche both are good i like both car it has their own features according to money and their features both are good on their side .Porsche can be taken for short drives where as Ferrari for long ones .
    Last edited by henk4; 02-14-2011 at 02:24 AM.

the ferrari brand is definitely stronger than Porsche and in my opinion the drive and handling is much more superior

Ferrari for me for its lovely design and structure...

Thread Information