I am normally against these sorta of broad sweeping "versus" threads - but we have some interesting members here and I want to hear their opinions (even if you're not interesting feel free to chime in - I kid I kid, everyone on UCP is great) What company do you prefer if at all, and why do you prefer that car maker? Or, if you have no preference, why are they tied in your eyes? Do you dislike them or love them?

With these two, you essentially have the two most storied and celebrated sportscar makers in Europe, and maybe the World. Do you prefer one company but think the other is better? Which has the better image? Best bang for buck? Best supercar? Tell me your favourite car of each manufacturer, the best cars of each decade, whatever you want really - these are only some ideas to get you started. Which car maker makes prettier cars? The best racecar? Who is more successful in racing? Who was the better company leader, Enzo Ferrari or Ferdinand/Ferry Porsche? If price was no object what car would you buy form these makers? IF price was an object what car would you buy? The list goes on and on, come up with your own comparisons or ideas and let the thread evolve!

Whatever you want to compare I want to hear your opinion. I find too many of these threads are created just so that the original poster can state their opinion - me telling you what I prefer is not what I or your probably want to hear. I want to hear from those that have driven these cars too (Nic I'm looking at you and eagerly anticipate your answer to this thread, ditto 60Valves and clutch) What will our resident Catalan think - he likes the more obscure cars typically, but what about these two big dogs? Does comparing them even make sense to you? Am I an idiot for proposing this? Have at it!

I know this has been done many times throughout the ages in bars, trackside, and on the net, but to the best of my knowledge, it has not been done on UCP - so impress me with you responses/ideas!