Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari vs. Porsche

I think that the 355 and 456 have been the last good looking Ferraris for a long time. There I said it.

The 360 is fine, but worse.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    I actually kind of like the "I'm about to die" feeling of a bike
    I thought I'd enjoy it too, until I realized just how easy it really was to die. I can name three occasions right off the top of my head where cars were cruising along side me and then I guess somewhere down the road they forgot I existed and cut me off in my lane with nothing but inches to spare. This was despite the fact that we'd just been side by side for multiple city blocks. Other times, I'd be on the highway in the right lane, and someone would merge into the highway from a side street, except they'd do it directly in front of me so that I'd either have to brake as hard as I could or swerve into the other lane. With so many stupid people on the road, and a couple dead riders making the front page literally every other week, I rethought the whole thing. Life is far too precious, and I don't want to increase my risk of not being able to squeeze every last moment out of it. When I get another bike, it'll be when I live too far away from crowded tourist spots for it to matter.

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche View Post
    I thought I'd enjoy it too, until I realized just how easy it really was to die. I can name three occasions right off the top of my head where cars were cruising along side me and then I guess somewhere down the road they forgot I existed and cut me off in my lane with nothing but inches to spare. This was despite the fact that we'd just been side by side for multiple city blocks. Other times, I'd be on the highway in the right lane, and someone would merge into the highway from a side street, except they'd do it directly in front of me so that I'd either have to brake as hard as I could or swerve into the other lane. With so many stupid people on the road, and a couple dead riders making the front page literally every other week, I rethought the whole thing. Life is far too precious, and I don't want to increase my risk of not being able to squeeze every last moment out of it. When I get another bike, it'll be when I live too far away from crowded tourist spots for it to matter.
    and still a 70 km/h crash (because of a smallish wet spot) with a 50 cc scooter can brake your neck
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    and still a 70 km/h crash (because of a smallish wet spot) with a 50 cc scooter can brake your neck
    Very possible. Nobody has been killed on one here to my knowledge, but anything can happen when you're on two wheels. I don't use my scooter much, and when I do I spend most of my time blasting through back alleys and walking paths to get through town. Senior citizens don't like it much, but at least I'm not about to get killed either .

Very possible. Nobody has been killed on one here to my knowledge, but anything can happen when you're on two wheels. I don't use my scooter much, and when I do I spend most of my time blasting through back alleys and walking paths to get through town. Senior citizens don't like it much, but at least I'm not about to get killed either .
    I used to use it to go to school, and they were about 40 km a day.
    I also used to have plenty of fun with it, blocking the rear wheel and so on. One day I was driving "safely", still I one hour later I was in a bed at the local hospital, trying to understand what was happened.
    A cracked vertebra, and another one sub-located. The composite helmet was cracked as well, while the scooter got only some minor damages.
    Now I'm fine, but my neck always hurts for the stupidest reasons.
    I knew another guy who never walked again because when he fell he went against a sidewalk, doing no more than 50 km/h.
    After that accident, I rarely used the scooter, and now it's covered by dust in our garage since a couple of years.

I also used to have plenty of fun with it, blocking the rear wheel and so on. One day I was driving "safely", still I one hour later I was in a bed at the local hospital, trying to understand what was happened.
    A cracked vertebra, and another one sub-located. The composite helmet was cracked as well, while the scooter got only some minor damages.
    I knew another guy who never walked again because when he fell he went against a sidewalk, doing no more than 50 km/h.
    After that accident, I rarely used the scooter, and now it's covered by dust in our garage since a couple of years.
    That's brutal. Its sad to hear things like that happen. It doesn't take much to get hurt on one of those things. That said, I'm still going to jump on mine to get to my buddy's house down the street because I'm a lazy ass.

That's brutal. Its sad to hear things like that happen. It doesn't take much to get hurt on one of those things. That said, I'm still going to jump on mine to get to my buddy's house down the street because I'm a lazy ass.
    As a short range commuter, you can't beat them, especially during hot Italian summer (no wait, A/C can beat them ).

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    RobPorsche, i would totally be out numbered... by a kazillion you's with unattractive new school convertible Ferrari's. you can't recreate the old with the new.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

I don't mind the whole dying so much. My plan for life is to run up a bunch of debt and then die tragically/heroically. So far I've got the debt down...

It was a little different on my uncles bike because it was actually hard going down main street without setting off car alarms on both sides of the road. When a bike is that loud people rarely forget you're there. But I do know a lot of people who have had experiences like that down in california (but you get that in any vehicle there.) I don't know many people who have bikes in Idaho so I'm not sure if it's any better, but it is probably something to worry about.

My condolences. Weird how stuff can just happen before you know what is going on, yet it effects you forever. I've noticed the worst injuries I've had on my bicycle where when I was riding safely (which is only a small percentage of the time.) You can just be riding along then a car hits you and you have no idea what just happened.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    RobPorsche, i would totally be out numbered... by a kazillion you's with unattractive new school convertible Ferrari's. you can't recreate the old with the new.
    We all know you love the old ones, but in 20 years, the current ones will be considered old too. So, maybe you'll give them a chance then? Each and every Ferrari is special, no matter the age or model. I can guarantee you that even the Ferrari that you consider ugliest (whichever it may be), still makes plenty of people all around the world smile.

We all have the right to the reasons behind our preference. That's the beauty of choice.

We all know you love the old ones, but in 20 years, the current ones will be considered old too. So, maybe you'll give them a chance then? Each and every Ferrari is special, no matter the age or model. I can guarantee you that even the Ferrari that you consider ugliest (whichever it may be), still makes plenty of people all around the world smile.

We all have the right to the reasons behind our preference. That's the beauty of choice.
    All, except the California and the Mondial.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I think all the mid engined convertibles will be forget even more than those though, which at least, have been controversial.
    Don't know how many have been sold back i the days, but I don't see many 348 Spiders, even on the web (comparatively with the coupes and targas).

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Was the 400 any use?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Was the 400 any use?
    At least it had a V12.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Was the 400 any use?
    365 GT 2+2, 400, 412i.
    I love them, leave them alone.