Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Road Pics

Quote Originally Posted by cls12vg30
    Gorgeous pics, Guibo!
    Definately, desrving of some positive rep.
    Hwy1 and especially the Marin roads were the routes I was trying to describe earlier.
    North of the GG Bridge is great natural beauty and fantastic winding ( but not to twisty for US cars ) roads. Do you have any of south and Half Moon Bay area. I enjoyed driving around there too.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thanks guys.
    Matra, both the Hwy 1 pics were taken south of SF. 1st one is about 10 miles north of San Luis Obispo, 2nd one about 5 miles south of Half Moon Bay. From SF to Monterey, it's a pretty mellow drive, some straights as long as 2 miles if not more.
    North of SF is phenomenal. Snaky, and billiard-table smooth. There are dozens of one-lane, really hairy roads that branch off of Hwy 1 into the mountains, which branch into dozens if not hundreds of other twisties. Definitely Caterham heaven. Bit too dangerous to drive with one hand on the wheel (and the other working the camera. ).

Quote Originally Posted by Guibo
    Bit too dangerous to drive with one hand on the wheel (and the other working the camera. ).
    Been there, done it, BUT the pics are on 35mm slides so I can't share them here (yet).
    HIGHLY recommend anyone who goes to SF on business or vacation should take a weekend each to explore north and south of the city. As Guibo says, GREAT roads. Shame about the rental cars
    Another favourite of mine is Washington State - maybe coz the mountains are very like Scotland in climate and beauty. Great roads and courteous truck drivers who would pull over if you'd followed them on the twisties ( I think it was law )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

New pics from yesterday's drive

I took a sudden trip to Florida on Saturday to visit my ailing grandfather, drove down mostly at night so no good pics, but I drove back from Lakeland (near Tampa) to Raleigh yesterday, 655 miles in just under ten hours.
    1) Junction of Interstates 4 and Interstate 95, near Daytona
    2) I-95 northbound at LPGA Blvd, Daytona Beach
    3 & 4) The city of my birth, Jacksonville, Florida, seen from I-95 northbound passing over the St. Johns River
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The good news is, not one of the 50 states has the death penalty for speeding....although I'm not too sure about Ohio."

Sesquipedalian -- a really cool word. It means long-winded, polysyllabic, or verbose. See the word describes itself...isn't that neat?

1988 Nissan 200SX SE V6

UCP's most hardcore S12 fan!

1) I-95 northbound, crossing Lake Marion in Eastern Georgia.
    2) View out the side of Lake Marion, looking east
    3 & 4) I-95 Northbound, North Carolina, about 7 miles north of the North Carolina / South Carolina state line. The southbound lanes were completely shut down due to a bad wreck which I had just passed. This backup stretched for several miles.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The good news is, not one of the 50 states has the death penalty for speeding....although I'm not too sure about Ohio."

Sesquipedalian -- a really cool word. It means long-winded, polysyllabic, or verbose. See the word describes itself...isn't that neat?

1988 Nissan 200SX SE V6

UCP's most hardcore S12 fan!

You gotta come to seattle!!!
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoChimp22
    You gotta come to seattle!!!
    Second that.

Well not the city but the roads over to the East of the state over the mountains. GREAT. Made me want to ride a bike ( but only H-Ds around so that was quickly ignored )

Thread Information