Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2009 Formula One Bahrain GP

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I want to see the leaders do more overtaking. Jenson only passed one person on the track, I think, and I would have much rather seen him fight tooth-and-nail through Trulli and Vettel.
    It's abundantly clear more overtaking is never going to happen in F1....especially when 1.4 seconds is covering the entire grid more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    It's abundantly clear more overtaking is never going to happen in F1....especially when 1.4 seconds is covering the entire grid more or less.
    there has been overtaking, just not in the front (which TV sticks to cover thinking it's the more interesting part of the group).
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    there has been overtaking, just not in the front (which TV sticks to cover thinking it's the more interesting part of the group).
    Yes, I know....but even when there were contests between two cars, one on soft tires and one on hard tires...the overtaking was still minimal.

Then there was the excellent illustration of KERS when Rubens was behind Piquet....Piquet using the KERS pulled away on the straight by 3-4 car lengths which was enough to keep Rubens behind him lap after lap.

The first few laps of the race the cars were bunched up which made for more overtaking opportunities...but once the field stretches out there is no more overtaking than there has been. As the various team performances get closer to Brawn's it will be harder to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey
    not really into the torrent thing.... typically in the past i would just read Jack Bauer's report. BTW why no reports this year?
    My son and his boss download the BBC feed from the web in its entirety for each race and record them to DVD (for posterity?). That way they can't miss seeing them. The problem is, it usually takes around three days for the file to become generally available. Just find someone who can show you how to do the download. Are you using Comcast high speed Internet or AT&T (Pacific Bell) DSL? The Comcast feed will take less time, but if you're having trouble with the Comcast feed, it might be a problem to download the file as well - especially since it will certainly take some time!

I've seen the DVD's, and, were it not for the delay, I'd rather watch them than what Speed manages to do to the race.

I, on the other hand, set up my Dish DVR to record and watch as soon as I can manage to get up.

You say "seven miles from Laguna Seca" - so where? I'm in Capitola.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    Yes, I know....but even when there were contests between two cars, one on soft tires and one on hard tires...the overtaking was still minimal.
    Yes! As much as I like Vettel, I was screaming at Jarno to make a move. I know the teams will all blame it on turning down the revs for cooling purposes.
    As much as I appreciate Ross Brawn's supreme tactical skills, I would like to se passes on the racetrack.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    But why?
    Honestly, because my expectations have been let down. I was expecting more passing, better team strategies, idk I'm just disappointed. I like Button alot, I love Vettel, but I was really hoping Massa would get his. It's just not the organized season it usually is. On the bright side, the big teams stupidity is giving smaller teams and drivers opportunities to shine, something I think is important. So not all is lost...

We'd be getting alot more passing if the time spread through the field increased as predicted, but infact it got even tighter than the already tight 07-08 spread.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by txakura View Post
    My son and his boss download the BBC feed from the web in its entirety for each race and record them to DVD (for posterity?). That way they can't miss seeing them. The problem is, it usually takes around three days for the file to become generally available. Just find someone who can show you how to do the download. Are you using Comcast high speed Internet or AT&T (Pacific Bell) DSL? The Comcast feed will take less time, but if you're having trouble with the Comcast feed, it might be a problem to download the file as well - especially since it will certainly take some time!

I've seen the DVD's, and, were it not for the delay, I'd rather watch them than what Speed manages to do to the race.

I, on the other hand, set up my Dish DVR to record and watch as soon as I can manage to get up.

You say "seven miles from Laguna Seca" - so where? I'm in Capitola.
    i'm in Monterey. so not too far away.

I woudl be fine with the DVR, but it only works when it feels like. I have managed to get through a few seasons with only missing a race or two using the DVR. I have comcast, so streaming the race is definitely an option.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Thread Information