Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 LastLast

Thread: Forza Motorsport 3

Not trying to troll or anything, but what happens to your DLC when the new Forza comes out? Is it all a sunk cost and you have to start over again, or does it transfer?

I'm actually kind of jealous of the Jalopnik car pack and the fact that Forza 3 has the new 500 Abarth.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

DLC has not historically transferred from one game to the next....I see no reason why that would start now. That does bring me to a suggestion I'd like to make to Turn 10, though: how about making FM4 backward compatible with FM3? Allow us to import our garages in from FM3, and make tuning setups and vinyl groups from FM3 compatible as well. I don't see how this is a hard thing to pull off, and this community has put in too much hard work for it all to get scrapped in favor of the new entry into the series. Don't make all of those great tune-ups and vinyl groups/designs go to waste just because you've moved on. That's a great body of work that can breathe alot of life into the next Forza installment....for free.

You don't know how many guys I know refused to pick up FM3 because of the amount of hours they had poured into FM2......and they weren't about to ditch all their hard work, no matter how good FM3 turned out to be.

I think this is something Turn 10 would be wise to consider. It can't be that hard to implement, and it could go a long ways towards making the next game even more successful. You don't want your own products to be your worst competition.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Not trying to troll or anything, but what happens to your DLC when the new Forza comes out? Is it all a sunk cost and you have to start over again, or does it transfer?

I'm actually kind of jealous of the Jalopnik car pack and the fact that Forza 3 has the new 500 Abarth.
    imo they've already rendered it etc so the dlc cars should be included in the starting list. that way they have an expanded car list ready to go
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

At least some of the DLC from 2 was in 3 as standard, so yea. It can't be hard, and should be done. It would be nice to see peoples' setups and graphics transfer over, if the game engines will allow an easy conversion.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Been working on this design on and off for a while. Man it's hard to get good images of the top of this car. Idea came from the Evo magazine tribute issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
    "Life is short, drive fast!" - Lamborghini
    "How's that for a slice of fried gold?"
    "I'll take the case!" - Harvey Birdman

out of intrest has anybody completed forza 3 becuse it is a huge game i have only completed 16% of it, mainly because i have not had it long.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

I'm probably about 65% of the way through the races, but my xbox died a month or so ago, so no more racing for me for a while.

I've completed most of the game. Only got the drag races, a few endurance races and a couple of other odd races to go.

has anyone got any car they Recommend e.g cars which have helped them win lots of races.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

I usually made a new car per race.. keeps things more interesting. Also most of the races are too specific not to. Basically, do the specific model races in a bunch of different cars around the same level and find which one you like.

one car i would Recommend is the mosler, great car its one all races i have Entered in R3 and R1 class.
    — Jeremy Clarkson

997 GT-3 RSR is a useful addition as is a renault clio. An M3 of any type helps along with a super car of some description. However, in most cases they will hand you cars that are going to help anyway. It's when you start to do the races that specify a certain car that you'll need to start purchasing.

i saved up and brought a Zonda R not because it is the best but because I wanted one. At the moment I have got £1.1 Million and are saving up for a Aston martin one-77. If anyone has one please can someone tell me how good it is when it is modded
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Most of the cars in my garage that I bought are cars that I bought because I liked them.......not because I thought they would own in any particular type of race. I do have a few purpose bought race cars, just not as many. Interestingly, I have tuned and used very few of the level award cars that I was given. I still have them, just don't use them very much.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

I wanted to know how fast people have got their bugatti veyron. mine does
    0-60 in 1.8 sec 0-100 in 3.6 sec and a top speed of 265.7 mph, if anyone has got their any faster please can you tell me how to.
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Thread Information