Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Motorsport 3

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    disabled, likely.
    Hopefully. And I would think that any track time achieved using the feature would not be posted to leaderboards. It wouldn't make any sense to do so. It seems more like a feature that will be used largely on the single player career mode to help the player finish really tough races. I can't see myself using it though. And as mentioned before, it'll probably be counted as a driver assist. So it'll likely eat up some of your earnings if you use it.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

I can see it being usefull during an endurance race, a lap or two from first place finish, and a computer takes you out because it follows a line, not the nearby cars. But thats about it.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Good point ^

I can think of a few times in Forza 2 where this could have come in handy - namely the last few endurance races, those things took up too much time and it annoyed me when you lost it in the last few laps.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    Hopefully. And I would think that any track time achieved using the feature would not be posted to leaderboards. It wouldn't make any sense to do so. It seems more like a feature that will be used largely on the single player career mode to help the player finish really tough races. I can't see myself using it though. And as mentioned before, it'll probably be counted as a driver assist. So it'll likely eat up some of your earnings if you use it.
    As mentioned, Any time set with the rewind assist on will be noted and marked for all to see.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    I can see it being usefull during an endurance race, a lap or two from first place finish, and a computer takes you out because it follows a line, not the nearby cars. But thats about it.
    I can see the point, but still it's part of endurance races navigating through lapped cars, isn't it?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I can see the point, but still it's part of endurance races navigating through lapped cars, isn't it?
    Yes, but when you watch a race, the cars being lapped usually get out of the way quickly to let the faster cars through. I have yet to see a video game where the computer similates realistic driver courtesy, and thats part of what makes video games so frustrating to me. Computer programers design the car to behave similarlly to real life, give it calculations to drive as fast as it can, by hitting the right lines, but they never really provide the feel of real life because they never exihibit simple things like courtesy or the competative urge which can overcome the knowledge of driving the perfect line.

I guess my point is that video games for me, will never be as stimulating or interactive as actually racing or watching profeshionals race.
    -Carrol Shelby

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Huh, I think the video game mimics the other drivers you race against online perfectly.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    Huh, I think the video game mimics the other drivers you race against online perfectly.
    Online, was not my arguement. But occasionally you find a good group of racers who respect each other.
    -Carrol Shelby

Online, was not my arguement. But occasionally you find a good group of racers who respect each other.
    Keyword: occasionally.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Yes, but when you watch a race, the cars being lapped usually get out of the way quickly to let the faster cars through. I have yet to see a video game where the computer similates realistic driver courtesy, and thats part of what makes video games so frustrating to me. Computer programers design the car to behave similarlly to real life, give it calculations to drive as fast as it can, by hitting the right lines, but they never really provide the feel of real life because they never exihibit simple things like courtesy or the competative urge which can overcome the knowledge of driving the perfect line.

I guess my point is that video games for me, will never be as stimulating or interactive as actually racing or watching profeshionals race.
    I believe if you come up to a slow car in GTR-Evo and flashing your light they will move out of the way if they are a lower class car....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

^ more race games need this
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

for photoshop guys

Do you have world-class design skills? Do you have the artistic ability worthy of adorning a 2010 Audi R8 V10? Prove it by taking the Forza Challenge Design Contest. The Forza Challenge Design Contest is a search for best and most innovative Forza Challenge Audi car design that reflects the competitiveness of the Forza Motorsport game. Eligible entrants can enter below by creating their original design using the Contest design template and submitting them. All eligible entries will be judged by the Contest judging panel. Judges will select five (5) potential Finalists. Finalists' entries will be displayed for online voting. All five (5) finalists will receive an Xbox 360® wireless racing wheel. In addition, the Finalist with the most votes will receive the opportunity to have their winning design available as an exclusive custom downloadable car for everyone that pre-orders Forza Motorsport 3.
    Design Contest | Forza Motorsport

RE contest -

Contest is for north american designers only
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

From Joystiq:

If aggressive driving (from AI opponents or of your own accord) gets to best of you, Forza 3 includes a new rewind time feature. Players can rewind time during a race (the exact amount has yet to be specified, but seemed to be in the 15-20 second range) and re-attempt a difficult section of the track. Of course, using the new feature has a downside, as your time for a track will be listed as "Uncertified" when posted on online leader boards. Other dirty racing tricks will label your time the same way, whereas clean driving lists your time as "Certified."
    Easy.

still foggy
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information