Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My New Pontiac G8 with the V8

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    At the price it sold for, its a collectible for long term optimists and short term losers
    haha, me IB4R and whiteballz saw one in traffic, took some shots of it.
    later that day we thought we saw another one in the distance, coming head on again, only it turned out to be a red MK V golf gti.
    the front grille really needs work haha.

Can't remember exactly so not sure, but I think there were either 600 or 800 GXP produced in Manual, for an MRRP of around USD$38k, which is similar to Ford's new beached whale, the 4400lb Taurus SHO (in auto only). Not sure if there will be any other GXPs in the pipeline to replenish fast depleted stocks, its a hot seller.

I don't think there's any other big V8 manual sedan available in the US .. possibly BMW 5-series for $65k+? .. so GXP M6 has to be strongly collectible.
    sounds like it would be. for some reason i think a wagon would have sold well also - or become collectable too, haha.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    later that day we thought we saw another one in the distance, coming head on again, only it turned out to be a red MK V golf gti.
    OUCH! LOL

Yeah, agree on the wagon. VE was very much designed with US export in mind, including the wagon, only for Holden to be dicked around by GMNA with their continually vascillating on-again, off-again 'can't make a decision, then won't stick to it' management fiasco.

Sucks for Holden, its really hurt them, But in spite GMNA's ineptitude, events have nevertheless proven that Holden can design a truly legitimate world class exportable car .. unlike GMNA

The Sportwagon was a good call by Holden, I see shitloads of them. Probably see twice as many Sportwagons than I do FG Falcons.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

yeah. i dunno if it's just me, but it really is something different when i see a FPV FG falcon. only seen a handful since they came out it seems
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

OUCH! LOL

Yeah, agree on the wagon. VE was very much designed with US export in mind, including the wagon, only for Holden to be dicked around by GMNA with their continually vascillating on-again, off-again 'can't make a decision, then won't stick to it' management fiasco.

Sucks for Holden, its really hurt them, But in spite GMNA's ineptitude, events have nevertheless proven that Holden can design a truly legitimate world class exportable car .. unlike GMNA
    Holden should team up with GME, not GMNA.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

What has GME done lately?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

the funky opel insigna or whatever it is. and they're responsible for the new astra + astra VXR

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    What has GME done lately?
    The new Astra.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thats a pretty decent car I'll admit (my mother owns a base model CD astra as a work car).
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    those Astra's are pretty good cars i'd say. good fuel economy and all.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

I really hope this thing will become a collectible. I want to replace the current wheels with those from a Cadillac CTS-V (same design as a G8 GXP, but staggered) and store the original wheels and tires somewhere.
    I am a n00b for now, but I plan to become auto savvy the same way I became computer hardware and water-cooling savvy: through FORUMS

Hope nobody minds...

Quote Originally Posted by GumballRunner View Post
    Hello everyone!
    You might rememeber me from a posts long ago!

Anyway, I decided on the G8 GT instead of the evo, and I am extremely happy with my decision.

Congratulations on your Pontiac G8 GT. Nice color. I love the way they look. However, and surprisingly, my modified G-35 Coupe was able to hang in there, neck to neck with a G-8 GT on 4th gear roll. I wasn't expecting this. It just happened by chance and it was not planned. I went home to study the G-8 GT and I discovered that it had a weight disadvantage when compared to the G-35 Coupe---almost 400 pounds difference eventhough it had at least 50 horsepower more than the G-35 Coupe. And by so saying, the Pontiac G8 Gt might have a hard time even keeping up with a stock Mustang GT, whose acceleration is impressive.

^^ What speed did your roll start from?

^^ What speed did your roll start from?
    I think we were at about 75 miles per hour. However, I am very sure that if we had started from a dead stop, that he would have probably spanked me.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Beautiful colour! Haven't seen that one before...nice choice :thumbsup:
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Thread Information