Page 83 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2084

Thread: Random Photo Thread

i actually saw a cyclist crash because he copped a flying rhino beetle in the face.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

jesus those things fly?! And I thought the occasional june bug to the face was bad...
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

in tropical areas where they grow to their maximum size they've been known to shatter windshields..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

guessing it went something like this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Rhinoceros beetles are awesome. I did a report on them in 5th grade, and that is the last time I can remember liking biology.

While we're on the subject of boso awesomeness...
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

While we're on the subject of boso awesomeness...
    i guess thats the ultimate king of rice

i know this is old but i love this one

vegetables- bah.

Fat fish, anyone? Tastes delicious.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Rhinoceros beetles are awesome. I did a report on them in 5th grade, and that is the last time I can remember liking biology.
    That's it, we are screwed.

A few weeks back we had to fight a caterpillars infestation in our garden. After we managed to get down a pretty big nest from a tall pine, I checked it from a close distance. It was pulsing, like a heart, like if it was alive. That thing was full of worms ready to get out and eat the whole house.

That time we didn't fire the quattro...
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

you fought a caterpillar invasion?

What, were they going to turn into moths or something? Caterpillars are awesome! screw your plants, you get butterflies!

<cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    you fought a caterpillar invasion?

What, were they going to turn into moths or something? Caterpillars are awesome! screw your plants, you get butterflies!
    Not the butterflies-kind of caterpillars. These just eat the tree, then move to the next one. They manage to eat pines as well, so no thanks. Don't know the proper name, we just call them "mother****ing caterpillars".
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Ew, a beetle. I hate bugs... I'm an arachnaphobic a bit as well.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

We got gigantic ant invasions every summer. As well as wasps, hornets, spiders etc. etc.
    Our house seems to attract all sorts of insects/ spiders

Do you live in the countryside? That may explain it.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Moment British Arctic Survey team woke up to find a giant ice crack had opened up rig

This is the dramatic moment a British team of scientists had a miraculous escape during an Arctic surveying expedition - when a huge ice crack opened - beneath their tents.

The three member Catlin Arctic Survey is at the North Pole doing an annual survey to assess the effects of climate change - and has narrowly avoided calamity.

The team members Ann Daniels, Martin Hartley and Charlie Paton were camping on the ice pan when it started to break up.

Charlie Paton said: 'We heard a crack, a few bangs and then suddenly the ice started to break apart.

'It all happened very quickly and was unlike anything I've experienced before.'

His colleague Ann Daniels added: 'It happened during breakfast so the tent was full of equipment and our sledges were outside.

'We had to decide quickly which side of the crack we were going to try and stay on and quickly rescue all of the kit to ensure no lasting damage was sustained.'

Luckily nothing was broken in the incident,although the explorers were left a little shaken.

Martin Hartley explained: 'We're at least a week away from resupplying so it would have been disastrous to lose anything at this stage of the expedition.

'In fact the thought of being left without a tent in this extreme environment makes me shiver more than I already am.'

A spokesman for the expedition added: 'This is just another example of the chaotic ice conditions the team has faced since the start of the expedition.

'But they are determined to continue their journey north, collecting the seawater samples vital to scientists understanding of the impact increasing atmospheric CO2 may be having on our oceans.'

Read more: Pictured: Arctic Survey team escape disaster after ice cracks under their tent | Mail Online
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post

This is the dramatic moment a British team of scientists had a miraculous escape during an Arctic surveying expedition - when a huge ice crack opened - beneath their tents.

The three member Catlin Arctic Survey is at the North Pole doing an annual survey to assess the effects of climate change - and has narrowly avoided calamity.

The team members Ann Daniels, Martin Hartley and Charlie Paton were camping on the ice pan when it started to break up.

Charlie Paton said: 'We heard a crack, a few bangs and then suddenly the ice started to break apart.

'It all happened very quickly and was unlike anything I've experienced before.'

His colleague Ann Daniels added: 'It happened during breakfast so the tent was full of equipment and our sledges were outside.

'We had to decide quickly which side of the crack we were going to try and stay on and quickly rescue all of the kit to ensure no lasting damage was sustained.'

Luckily nothing was broken in the incident,although the explorers were left a little shaken.

Martin Hartley explained: 'We're at least a week away from resupplying so it would have been disastrous to lose anything at this stage of the expedition.

'In fact the thought of being left without a tent in this extreme environment makes me shiver more than I already am.'

A spokesman for the expedition added: 'This is just another example of the chaotic ice conditions the team has faced since the start of the expedition.

'But they are determined to continue their journey north, collecting the seawater samples vital to scientists understanding of the impact increasing atmospheric CO2 may be having on our oceans.'

Read more: Pictured: Arctic Survey team escape disaster after ice cracks under their tent | Mail Online
    I'm calling BS. I may be wrong, but if they're walking around and see an ice crack like this, somebody probably thought to themself, "This would make for one hell of a photo-op and story." I mean.. it's pretty convenient that the picture was taken while the girl is jumping over the crack.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Do you live in the countryside? That may explain it.
    Yep, i live in an extremely small village near the Thuringian Forest. We see more cows than humans here it's called Zeigerheim (and no one outside of our village knows where this actually is )

Thread Information