Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P iPhone Worker in China

R.I.P iPhone Worker in China

Apple confirms death of iPhone worker in China | Apple - CNET News
    A Chinese man working for (or as part of Apple via the Foxcom Company) has
    committed suicide for being irresponsible over a 4th Gen. iPhone prototype. The prototype was lost and couldn't be found.
    What a tragedy. As someone mentioned; in China, the people there really do take work seriously. Some would even commit suicide for their mistakes in work ethics to avoid the consequences that would ensue had he/she have been alive.

knowing apple's secrecy standards, they may have executed him for losing it.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

I am wondering whether it is indeed a cultural thing. He may have lost the device and felt ashamed about it. But by killing himself he significantly reduced the possibility that it would be found again. On the other hand my cynic western mind suspects that he actually may have sold it to a competitor and he was about to be found out.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

^i don't know if that post was funny or scary, henk
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Interestingly, an iPhone 3Gs prototype turned up on ebay early this month.
    iPhone 3GS prototype scooped up at airport, now on eBay
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

That is actually quite a scary thing. Also, a lot of pressure must lay on that person if he lost something this important to one of the world's biggest companies. Suiciding may probably be the easiest way out for him... :-(
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    That is actually quite a scary thing. Also, a lot of pressure must lay on that person if he lost something this important to one of the world's biggest companies. Suiciding may probably be the easiest way out for him... :-(
    I would have told the apple cult to suck it and leaked everything to the public
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

And thats why you don't work for them.

Another case of people taking their jobs a bit too seriously methinks, but to be fair he probably signed a contract that basically stated that if he does lose a prototype all his base are belong to steve jobs, along with any wage he ever earned.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    is Apple really that anal?
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    Apple loves anal. It's what they do.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    Not necessarily. We're not sure whether the man chose to do it himself, or Apple forced him to do it.

Also, the reason why things like the Apple cult exists is because people have built up an unreasonable hatred for the brand. So when one does want to get a mac, they need pretty strong reasons for it. And when they do have it, they will be proud of it. This doesn't happen with PC, only because pretty much everybody in the developed world has one. Nothing to be proud of?
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

Not necessarily. We're not sure whether the man chose to do it himself, or Apple forced him to do it.

Also, the reason why things like the Apple cult exists is because people have built up an unreasonable hatred for the brand. So when one does want to get a mac, they need pretty strong reasons for it. And when they do have it, they will be proud of it. This doesn't happen with PC, only because pretty much everybody in the developed world has one. Nothing to be proud of?
    The only reason I buy mac over PC is because using them is fun and easy. I think the hatred is childish and not backed by any kind of real reason. Just a bunch of people bickering for the sheer sake of it. This story is beyond me though. Given that everybody is different, I can only speak for myself when I say that killing yourself doesn't solve anything, but it sounds like too weak of an ending to this guy's life. It reeks of foul play imo.

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Apple loves anal. It's what they do.
    A lot of it has to do with Steve. From I've read, he's a real micromanager. Analysts suggest that because he is the reason Apple made their comeback, Apple stock will plummet when he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    A lot of it has to do with Steve. From I've read, he's a real micromanager. Analysts suggest that because he is the reason Apple made their comeback, Apple stock will plummet when he's gone.
    Then lets go kill him and buy at a good price .

So when one does want to get a mac, they need pretty strong reasons for it.
    Like if "one" were to pay half again as much for a comparable computer because it looks pretty and is fun to use?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Thread Information